Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Hey where's everybody??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:43 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey where's everybody??

I know it's getting chilly outside, but did everyone go into hibernation?? It gets a little boring here all by my lonesome self with no one to talk to Lets get some talking and kabitzin' going on. How're the plans going for the winter projects?? Chad started a thread and then it died Lets see if we can get some friendly banter going John

Old 11-30-2011, 04:56 PM
crsmiffy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well apart froma the odd rainy day we have been getting up to 30deg C down here in oz. Trying to get the dual fuel working on the 400 properly, but I've run out of fundage to get the bits to do it properly, so the that and the air con, tintind windows, new window rubbers and noise/heat insulation wont be done this summer!!

Old 11-30-2011, 05:17 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Craig!!!!! Geeez mate I forgot all about your e-mail to me. I appologize for the over sight. Well I think I can do without the 30c thing had enough of that earlier!!! I'm sitting here hurting like a dumb *** that should know better that to try and move a short block onto an engine stand by his self. I WILL send you an e-mail and some pics if I can get this computer to qiit ticking me off and when I can sit longer than 5 or 10 mins. Finally got my 400 back last Friday. ALL the good parts are in it, though some may think it is overkill. ARP studs top and bottom, melling oil pump, grooved cam bearings (TMI) 351C flat top pistons .030 over bushed rods (292 bushings). Putting it together when the back is better, then going for the C6 and the rear end. John

Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 PM
crsmiffy
Elder User
Doesn't sound over the top to me. except for the ARP blts all the others are a given and some would say the ARP's are a mandatory thing anyway. I cant talk, Ithe machine shop who built my rods used pioneer, and I cheaped out and re-used my head bolt against better judgement. Haven't let go yet LOL. I must be fair and say I've had little to do with bigger engines and was shocked at how heavy a bare 400 block was when I moved it from the engine stand onto the ute tray. I'm no weakling but i was worried I'd do my back in if i wasn't careful. I would like to do the tranny, but thats a way off. I would also like to try a lower diff (2.72 at present) so definitely not a streetfighter but again the dreaded dollar wont allow that either. Look forward to the photos and stay safe.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:17 PM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm here-ish. Life is very busy right now, wish things would slow down, need to take more time to play with my kids, etc.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:39 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So busy , out Christmas shopping for all my FTE pals. No wait, none of you made the "Nice" list!
Actually been very busy getting ready to sell the house. Haven't ventured into the garage for a couple of months.

Frank

Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So Frank, which requires more time packing? The garage or the house?

Old 12-07-2011, 12:17 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by loudfords
So Frank, which requires more time packing? The garage or the house?
I haven't started packing per say but i did get a storage unit to house a lot of the "clutter" that kind of builds up over the years. The real move/packing will come later and to your point.....the garage scares the crap out of me! I built it in 1988 and stuff keeps going in, very rarely does anything come out! I can't even remember what i stuck up in the rafters. My back hurts just thinking about it.

Frank

Old 12-28-2011, 04:55 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Wink Little Late

Well my barbie is a little cold for shrimp right now(-15).
Some of us have Christmas to do on one day or another.
And Popa good thing ur just talking to ur self, no hands on .

Old 01-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking How's the moving going.

I've seen Franks garage almost as bad as my own, but don't they say whatever doesn't kill ya makes you stronger(I wonder if the person that coined that phrase ever moved a garage full of vintage Ford truck parts?)

Old 01-17-2012, 07:03 PM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Work has finally slowed down and I am enjoying some regular hours and time with my daughter .

Old 01-30-2012, 03:16 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Smile Too Busy Need Job

Looking after my parents is a full time job , especially with the property they have.
Really looking forward to Arthur this year hopefully we can get it together.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:26 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
We will Hun, We Will. All we have to do is just keep in touch and let each other know what we are doing and it will come together.Popa John

Old 01-31-2012, 01:22 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Question Lightning?????

Where is Ryan????
Whats up?

Old 01-31-2012, 01:45 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
My question exactly!!! I haven't spoken to the lad since a week AFTER Arthur. I even put an APB on Face Book with no replies. It's like he just kazam vanished. Me thinks the boy has landed his butt in the hoosegow for something he has done. LMAO Some of the others think he'll show up in the spring sometime. Kinda like he be in hibernation or something. Popa John

Quick Reply: Hey where's everybody??