Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2013, 05:17 PM
New User

Zuperflytnt is starting off with a positive reputation.
2007 expy

Well DRock, i have a dollar for you. I was at 1/8th tank when I started the truck, then it died about 7 seconds later. Now it cranks, but no start. I will do a quick fuel pressure test tonight... then most likely pull the fuel pump.

Has anyone done just the pump replacement? P/N? I would just like to avoid buying the whole assembly for $250-300 if possible. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:56 PM
New User

Nitrohauler is starting off with a positive reputation.
Zuperflytnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuperflytnt View Post
Well DRock, i have a dollar for you. I was at 1/8th tank when I started the truck, then it died about 7 seconds later. Now it cranks, but no start. I will do a quick fuel pressure test tonight... then most likely pull the fuel pump.

Has anyone done just the pump replacement? P/N? I would just like to avoid buying the whole assembly for $250-300 if possible. Thanks!
Rockauto.com I got my fuel pump for $156
Old 02-05-2013, 05:57 PM
New User

Howard Curtis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graypatrick093 View Post
I checked the fuses and they were good but based on this thread it seems that the Fuel Pump Driver Module may have gone out since I have 3/4 of tank? My Expo has 85K miles on it, just curious if the pump would only really go bad if it's below 1/4 tank...
on some navigators it is behinde the left rear tire above the frame there is a shield there so you cant directly see it but you see the pin sticking through and 2 8mm bolts.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:17 AM
New User

CMPeiffer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool 2007 Expedition Fuel Pump Issues

I have a 2007 Expedition EL and I have a few of the listed issues. I was driving it yesterday, no issues. I needed to fill it up because I had "50 miles to empty" but since I was on my way home & it was late at night... I decided to fill up in the morning instead. I went out to leave for work this morning... NOTHING!! Turned over but no start. Tried the fuel reset button... NADA! We then checked the fuses, thought we found the "AH HA" when the 20amp fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse, turn the key (not to crank, but just to "on") "POP" fuse blows again!! We searched some forums, but ultimately ended up calling the Tow truck! Had it towed to our local mechanic & they are now saying FUEL PUMP! ARRGH!! Here's the added BONUS... Searched all day for a Fuel Pump... Ford has had to stop making them because of a missing component they cannot get & they are on Back Order. They project a ship date of August 5th to September 3rd?? REALLY??? OMG!! HELP!! This is my MAIN source of transportation!! Has anything come of any class action suits on this matter?
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Junior User

pozner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPeiffer View Post
I have a 2007 Expedition EL and I have a few of the listed issues. {snip}
... Ford has had to stop making them because of a missing component they cannot get & they are on Back Order. They project a ship date of August 5th to September 3rd?? REALLY??? OMG!! HELP!! This is my MAIN source of transportation!! Has anything come of any class action suits on this matter?
First, are you depending on you shop doing all the work? But will you be doing some of this work yourself and save big bucks?

You said you had the "EL" ("Max" in Canada), which is the 131 in wheelbase. I have been been trying to help a friend in Canada (I'm in Fla.) with his FP problem (same as yours). From doing hours of research, I can't locate a FP for the 2007-2008 "EL". The ''07 to '10 are supposed to be the same.

Using Rock Auto (they're great) I found they show the FP for the long wheelbase Expy for 2009 & 2010 (less than $390). However, the question is, will it fit the '07- '08? The other question is this: Many of the Expy's FP problem may actually be the FPDM. The FPDM is available from Rock Auto, but "EL" owners say they can't locate theirs. Standard Expy owners have located theirs.
My question is this; Can you actually locate your FPDM? It might be the problem (or not). (Less than $57).
My experience is with the Bronco II, so I don't know squat about the Expeditions.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:16 AM
New User

Dbev is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fixed EL 131" WB fuel pump w/ 119" base pump

Ford took an Airtex fuel pump for a 119" wheelbase Expy and fitted it to my 2007 EL. As you know, you can't locate an EL pump as they are back ordered till Sept. BTW, Rock Auto is out of EL pump and so is Airtex.

Apparently they thought they had ordered correct pump (131"). Then mechanic used the motor off my existing pump and fitted it to the 119" pump. Values are the same for both pumps. My vehicle would not turnover before arriving at Ford. Fixed on Friday, took off for long weekend trip. now start of week, no problems. perhaps this will help other EL owners whose vehicles are parked waiting on the part.

My service was at Galloway Ford in Fort Myers, FL. Ask for Jeff if questions. Good luck.

Last edited by Dbev; 07-22-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: More to say
Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 AM
New User

CMPeiffer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbev View Post
Ford took an Airtex fuel pump for a 119" wheelbase Expy and fitted it to my 2007 EL. As you know, you can't locate an EL pump as they are back ordered till Sept. BTW, Rock Auto is out of EL pump and so is Airtex.

Apparently they thought they had ordered correct pump (131"). Then mechanic used the motor off my existing pump and fitted it to the 119" pump. Values are the same for both pumps. My vehicle would not turnover before arriving at Ford. Fixed on Friday, took off for long weekend trip. now start of week, no problems. perhaps this will help other EL owners whose vehicles are parked waiting on the part.

My service was at Galloway Ford in Fort Myers, FL. Ask for Jeff if questions. Good luck.
THANK YOU!! I will pass this on to my mechanic! Being without my vehicle for over another now is KILLING ME!! Grrrrrrrr!! FORD should be doing something about this!!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:41 AM
New User

momike is starting off with a positive reputation.
Me too

Dbev: it's been about 2 months since your fix. Service manager at the dealership is asking if you have had any problems to date? If you've been problem free we will do the sae fix. I'm getting tired of driving a smaller truck with high mileage (480K KM). I need my truck back - I miss the cargo capacity
Old 08-23-2013, 09:57 PM
New User

momike is starting off with a positive reputation.
Update: dealer installed the 119" WB fuel pump in my Expy Max. Good news: dealer checked the casting #s, the 119" & 131" are the same unit. Ford just assigns different part #s apparently. Truck runs great.
The BAD news: I have an 07 Expy Max. They redesigned the shape of the pump. The old flange was round, the new one is rectangular. He suspects this is to stop the swelling/warping in the plastic fuel tank. My install was not a straight drop in apparently. It was a very large bill for the several hours they spent modifying the tank to accept the new shape. Thankfully its a work truck so I can at least write off the expense.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:57 PM