Transmission Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 11:05 AM
ampslw
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Help

Good Morning Gental Men and Gental Women

having transmission issues it started may long weekend had to drive truck harder then usual to get it out of the bush all of a sudden after driving about an hour it felt like i had no clutch pedal its seemed harder to shift truck using the clutch then to shift with out.

Step one - that weekend changed the slave cylinder and did a complete fluide flush.

Truck drove better but was not able to down shift countinued driving truck on rear occastion everything seemed to be ok but can here a small ringing noise coming up threw gear shifter when in 6th gear crusing on hyw and foot not on skinny pedal.

Step 2 - Friday night after hours of fixing rear parking brakes went to move truck afterwords and while moving the truck in reverace about 20 feet went to step on clutch pedal could not get truck out of gear after a minute or two of truning the truck off and no trying to get the truck out of gear everything started to work fine again but was still not able to down shift.

So saturday morning when i got out of bed i replaced the master cylinder and now some times it till go into frist or reverace fine and others it wont

When stepping on clutch pedal sometimes it feels like it is releasing about hafe way of the clutch pedal travel and other times it feels like clutch pedal is releasing in the frist 1/2 inch of travel.

How do you know if you hopefully have all the air out of the 2 clutch cylinders considering there are no bleed screws?

I am open for any other idea that this might be hoping not to have to pull the trany.

Does anyone know what kind of time frame i am looking at to pull this trany on 4x4 ?

Thanks for you advice and thought
Adam

Old 06-24-2012, 12:31 PM
c125bob
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not much help on handshaker transmissions. Giving you a bump and response. Somebody smart will be along soon.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Don't know what its called, but didn't somebody have problems with the arm for the throw out bearing breaking or cracked. Just putting it out there, I'm an auto guy so don't know much about yours.

Chet