Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Exclamation Please welcome rmarquet

Please welcome rmarquet to the Maryland Chapter.

He has been a member of Fte since 2006!
He drives a 2006 F 250 Lariat

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 06-21-2012, 06:54 PM
DE Chapter LDR

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
Welcome to the MD Chapter. Feel free to stop into the chat thread and say hi.
Big Bser number XO Slackmaster#5
RIP Stevebricks. You will be missed.
Join the DE Chapter here
Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Postmaster

Dave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the nut house buddy!

Were all of the SD Lariats that age super cab?

Old Traveler-86 F250HD, RC-LWB. 2WD. 300/NP435/4.10 Sterling. 96k mi-

1987 Colony Park. 131k. 302, AOD with werewolf sounds, 3.08 rear.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
Welcome to MD Rmarquet! You will just love it!

Cant wait to see your SD!
-Tim - Official Slackmaster #27
Excursion 2008 conversion Build threadl
Click here to Join The VA Chapter!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave804 View Post
Welcome to the nut house buddy!

Were all of the SD Lariats that age super cab?
Yes. you can't have a Lariat unless it has leather seats.

You can't have leather seats unless you have a back seat.

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Postmaster

Dave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to beholdDave804 is a splendid one to behold
Ah the decrees of the powers that be. Good to know.

Old Traveler-86 F250HD, RC-LWB. 2WD. 300/NP435/4.10 Sterling. 96k mi-

1987 Colony Park. 131k. 302, AOD with werewolf sounds, 3.08 rear.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Posting Legend

You can buy the leather package and install it yourself. I just left my 02 truck have the cloth seats. They're holding up fine, and you don't have to heat them in the winter!

Charlie slackmaster #26
Old 06-21-2012, 08:09 PM
DE Chapter LDR

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
And you dont stick to them in the summer Charlie.
Join the DE Chapter here
Old 06-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Senior User

rmarquet is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, everyone.

I really don't know that much about these trucks - we were looking for a Ford or Chevy 3/4 ton to tow an Airstream, and we came across this baby (at the Chevy dealer, no less...) at a price we couldn't refuse. It wasn't precisely what we were looking for, but now that we have it we're thrilled with what we got.

It actually has a gooseneck hitch, too, along with a second 7-pin trailer connector in the bed. At 5 years old with 100,000 miles, gooseneck hitch, and a Rhino liner (or Line-x, I don't know which), it is clearly a truck meant to work, probably towing horse trailers. We weren't fans of the gooseneck ball sticking up in the middle of the bed, and I'm convinced that cost the dealer $5K - but after we got it home, I was looking at it, and I realized that there's a lever you can pull to flip the ball upside down so you have a flat bed again. Now I sometimes forget it even has the gooseneck hitch. (We put a cap on it, so towing a gooseneck trailer would take a little extra work now.)

Anyway, back to the Lariat - it does have leather seats and the Supercab, so everything that was said about that in this thread agrees with what I have. I am a bit surprised (and disappointed!) that it doesn't have the seat heaters, though. Sounds like a good use for two of those upfitter switches.

Here are some pics I took right after we got it. That was pre-cap. Here it is a month or so ago on Skyline Drive, towing our Airstream:
Click the image to open in full size.

LOL - I just noticed, in the background of one of the pictures, you can see: The '04 Impala we sold shortly after buying the truck, the '91 Airstream B190 we sold last fall (replaced by the trailer), and the '01 Saturn my wife brought into the relationship that we recently replaced due to transmission issues. All three are gone. The only car we had at the time that you can't see in the pictures is the one we still have - my '99 Cougar.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Posting Legend

That's a really nice rig!

What's your first name? I hate to keep hey you-ing ya!

Charlie slackmaster #26
Old 06-21-2012, 08:37 PM
DE Chapter LDR

Thats a nice looking rig you have.
Join the DE Chapter here
Old 06-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Senior User

rmarquet is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
That's a really nice rig!
Thanks. We love it. A friend of ours gave my wife driving lessons with the camper, so she did some of the driving on our trip to Disney back in January, and plans to do some driving of it tomorrow on our way to an Airstream rally.

I have this awesome picture of her driving the rig from the Disney trip. Pay no attention to the speedo.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
What's your first name? I hate to keep hey you-ing ya!
LOL - it's RJ.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
Nice! I have always loved airstreams!

The seat heaters were an extra cost option. The controls actually mount to the seat near the power controls. Should be a pretty easy retrofit.
-Tim - Official Slackmaster #27
Excursion 2008 conversion Build threadl
Click here to Join The VA Chapter!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Posting Legend

It's easy, Chandler did his truck, I think he has about $400 in it

Charlie slackmaster #26
Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Posting Legend

Glad to meet you RJ.

We have a Jayco Discovery here, but it hasn't left the yard since I got hurt last year. Maybe next summer, I'll be able to take 'er for a spin again!

Charlie slackmaster #26
Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 PM