Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Posting Guru

Kdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to behold
Excursion paint code

My ex has the dreaded paint peel under the window trim and I was looking for the color code. It reads B4. Did ford change the color code? It's a 2000 ex limited with the very dark read any help would be great thanks!

1939 Ford COE custom. "Ford-Tuff"
Old 06-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Posting Guru

locknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud of
It is B4, Chestnut Metallic Clearcoat, but I remember there was something weird about the B4 code when I first bought my truck, it didn't jive most places.
Mike, PAA Member #127 2000 Excursion Limited PSD- ATS ported housing, Riffraff's FRx, HPx, I/C boots, billet wheel, plenum inserts. 6.0 IC&TC, Bellowed Up pipes, DiPricol Optix gauges, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race, 6637, 4" MBRP, 4" hanger, Vcodes/F350 blocks, Bilsteins, Airbags, '08 diff cover, Dunlop Rover M/TMaxx 315s.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/locknload223/Excursion/c1348fc3-1808-4ae5-86a2-c9782d743849.jpg
Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Posting Guru

Kdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to behold
I was able to get the paint after I googled it lol I Just never found it listed in any of the tech folders

Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Posting Guru

locknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud oflocknload223 has much to be proud of
Yep, I was super frustrated until I asked here a few years ago. Do you have any pics of the peeling? I'm curious now. My roof has tiny paint cracks but no peel.
Mike, PAA Member #127 2000 Excursion Limited PSD- ATS ported housing, Riffraff's FRx, HPx, I/C boots, billet wheel, plenum inserts. 6.0 IC&TC, Bellowed Up pipes, DiPricol Optix gauges, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race, 6637, 4" MBRP, 4" hanger, Vcodes/F350 blocks, Bilsteins, Airbags, '08 diff cover, Dunlop Rover M/TMaxx 315s.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/locknload223/Excursion/c1348fc3-1808-4ae5-86a2-c9782d743849.jpg
Old 06-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Posting Guru

TrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdr358 View Post
I was able to get the paint after I googled it lol I Just never found it listed in any of the tech folders
Good point. We will have to add it. We do have a temp Tech Folder that is in the works: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...l#post11898840
Old 06-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Posting Guru

Nice! I'm sure there's others with thr color code problem. Was this color a special order from the factory? I've only seen 2000 limited models with the color combos like that. I'll snap some pics when I get home, I also have the roof rust problem

Old 06-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
I just went threw a big paint ordeal with my X trying to get both main paint and trim paints.....

Here is the deal. At the time of the vehicle rolling down the assembly line the paint containers (vats) are filled with whatever paint maker is giving the deal that day/week. So the paint code on the sticker can be from PPG, dupont, or whatever other paint supplier ford uses. What I found out with my X is the paint they used was from PPG hence the problems I was having getting a matching paint from dupont. In the end after a few different "batches" I had a paint that was very close to original but still a shade off.

The best thing to do is take the gas door off and take it in or take the whole X to the paint store of your choice. They should be able to either shoot it with a paint tone gun that will give them a pretty darn accurate mixing code or they can mix up the paint according to the door code and then "adjust" it to match the fade.

In the end you can't expect an exact match no matter where you go or what paint you get. The best you can do is get it as close as possible.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Senior User

king-david has a very good reputation on FTE.king-david has a very good reputation on FTE.king-david has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
I just went threw a big paint ordeal with my X trying to get both main paint and trim paints.....

Here is the deal. At the time of the vehicle rolling down the assembly line the paint containers (vats) are filled with whatever paint maker is giving the deal that day/week. So the paint code on the sticker can be from PPG, dupont, or whatever other paint supplier ford uses. What I found out with my X is the paint they used was from PPG hence the problems I was having getting a matching paint from dupont. In the end after a few different "batches" I had a paint that was very close to original but still a shade off.

The best thing to do is take the gas door off and take it in or take the whole X to the paint store of your choice. They should be able to either shoot it with a paint tone gun that will give them a pretty darn accurate mixing code or they can mix up the paint according to the door code and then "adjust" it to match the fade.

In the end you can't expect an exact match no matter where you go or what paint you get. The best you can do is get it as close as possible.
Ugh.. thats not encouraging. Both of the rear doors on my Ex are rusting under the trim and they'll need sprayed soon. I have an 02 Silver, hopefully they worked out the paint issues by then.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:25 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
2006, code, color, excursion, ford, paint