Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (all engine sizes)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (all engine sizes) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.7 Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.3l/2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Junior User

plomero2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can't believe how well this thing pulls!

Hooked up to the work trailer today. It is like 6k or 7k. I had an 02 5.4 triton and going 70mph on the free way, I had to floor it. It gave it's all but 70 kicked it's butt. I went up to an 04. 6.0 power stroke pull anything I put behind it. But I could not keep the $&€¥ thing running. Dang 6.0. Anyway just got the Eco boost and pulled the work trailer for the first time today. All I could say while driving, was holy crap! I love this truck. 70mph at 1500 rpm and the truck didn't even know it was back there. I had to keep looking back to see if the trailer was still hooked up. I just can't tell you all how impressed I am with this truck. Not sad at all to have got rid of the sick liter. I feel bad for all our f150 friends that don't have the Eco. Poor boys, and or girls.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Freshman User

Watt-maker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thought the same thing too. Wow this thing pulls! I jumped into the truck buying arena looking for a diesel but I couldn't find a good used one that the wife and I could agree on. The new diesels are too expensive and too high maintenance. Drove a bunch of different trucks and then drove the eco and I was like this is it. So I found a crewcab 6.5' bed 4x4 xlt with the max-tow, and offroad pkg. everything I needed. I still get decent mpgs unloaded, can pull what I need, have plenty of room inside, and it has a smooth ride. Its probably the perfect vehicle for me.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Junior User

plomero2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watt-maker View Post
Thought the same thing too. Wow this thing pulls! I jumped into the truck buying arena looking for a diesel but I couldn't find a good used one that the wife and I could agree on. The new diesels are too expensive and too high maintenance. Drove a bunch of different trucks and then drove the eco and I was like this is it. So I found a crewcab 6.5' bed 4x4 xlt with the max-tow, and offroad pkg. everything I needed. I still get decent mpgs unloaded, can pull what I need, have plenty of room inside, and it has a smooth ride. Its probably the perfect vehicle for me.
It sounds like we got the same truck. I love the longer bed. I had a 2002 super crew, it had the short short bed. Never did like that about the truck. My last truck was an 04 power stoke 6.0. Loved the truck but $10,000 + out of pocket to keep it running was just to much. I looked into the new 6.7 power stroke but $60,000 is way out of my price range. After pulling with the new Eco, and the smooth ride, I'm glad I went with this truck. A got the employee discount, brother works for ford, and some good rebates, with trade of old truck, I was out the door for $31,000. Still a lot but doable. Just love the Eco boost.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Posting Guru

PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plomero2 View Post
It sounds like we got the same truck. I love the longer bed. I had a 2002 super crew, it had the short short bed. Never did like that about the truck. My last truck was an 04 power stoke 6.0. Loved the truck but $10,000 + out of pocket to keep it running was just to much. I looked into the new 6.7 power stroke but $60,000 is way out of my price range. After pulling with the new Eco, and the smooth ride, I'm glad I went with this truck. A got the employee discount, brother works for ford, and some good rebates, with trade of old truck, I was out the door for $31,000. Still a lot but doable. Just love the Eco boost.
I am debating on the longer bed....I know it will take the extra effort to park it which is on my head...however I do want the extra payload!

My Mod Thread 2013 F150 Platinum, Ego-Boost, 3.73, max tow, skid plates, and bed liner, 32% ceramic tinting.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Senior User

Hawkdriver69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I pulled a car hauler with my wife's car from TN to AL loaded down it was about 5500 lbs and my Ecoboost pulled it like a champ. Couldn't even tell it was back there.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Senior User

drh1175 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought mine for pulling my 29' Camper boat etc... I really wanted a diesel. But after owning it for 16 months already I forgot all about the diesel. Quite frankly this truck pulls like a diesel anyways. I laugh everytime I hear the Ford Commercial claiming a V6 with V8 power. This V6 has way more power than any V8 I have owned!! The torque this engine has while pulling my camper is un real. It just flat out goes!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Elder User

F6Guy is starting off with a positive reputation.
a salesman for a machine shop my job uses was towing his boat with an eco boost. I am not sure how much it weighs but it is the biggest bay boat I have seen! It is freaking huge! any way he traded it in for a new 3/4 ton diesel. He said the eco boost pulled it just fine but the boat was just to heavy for the truck. It pushed the truck around and he was not comfortable with it. That being said I think it would be a great motor for the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks as well
Old 09-14-2012, 08:31 PM