Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6 and 2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

plomero2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
impressive most impressive.

I towed my first 8000 pound trailer today with the eco boost. After having a 6. oh powerstroke I thought I would be let down. But I loved it. Other then there will be some air bags going on the back. So far after a week of ownership, I can't get the smile off my face.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Posting Guru
2001 Toyota Sequoia

PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plomero2 View Post
I towed my first 8000 pound trailer today with the eco boost. After having a 6. oh powerstroke I thought I would be let down. But I loved it. Other then there will be some air bags going on the back. So far after a week of ownership, I can't get the smile off my face.
Luke...I am your father!

Glad you had a good towing experience...it helps those of us that are looking to buy the Ecoboost cement our decision. Can you give us more details? Did it downshift a lot? What is your gearing, what milage did you get...etc.

My Mod Thread 2013 F150 Platinum, Ego-Boost, 3.73, max tow, skid plates, and bed liner, 32% ceramic tinting.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

plomero2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceValium View Post
Luke...I am your father!

Glad you had a good towing experience...it helps those of us that are looking to buy the Ecoboost cement our decision. Can you give us more details? Did it downshift a lot? What is your gearing, what milage did you get...etc.
I've got the 3.55 gears. The lie o meter says about 13 MPG pulling. But I would get 9 mpg with My 6.0 pulling the same lode. I took the truck on the freeway,and was doing 70 MPH and the truck was not even working hard. I went to the " Dugway" a very steep hill by my house, the truck did 65 Mph with very little trouble. It had more to give but it is only 50 mph on this hill. I use to have a 2002 5.4 liter triton. This truck will out pull it. All I can say is I'm just happy with the performance. What I like is it is making it's power at very low r.p.Ms.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:41 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)