Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

70 f100/2001 LIGHTNING SWAP

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Junior User

Gcwstang is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did the motor clear the steering box or is that why you made the engine mounts?
Old 02-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Posting Guru

smokenchoken has a good reputation on FTE.smokenchoken has a good reputation on FTE.
Eli Hopkins
did you notice the OP's last post was 07-26-2012, 04:34 PM?
Old 02-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Junior User

Gcwstang is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yea just hoping he still looked at the forum
Old 02-24-2014, 06:40 AM
New User

OneArmedBandit1968 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very Nice Truck! I love watching peoples creativity with these oldies.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Posting Guru

itsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Ford f100 5.4 lightning svt swap bandimere speedway 1/4 mile - YouTube
It's not a bumpside but still cool. I'm searching for a drivetrain for my 67 and I wouldn't mind some lightning power myself.
Well it only took me 2 years, but I finally found a donor for my 68. I had the winning bid of $500 for a rolled 2003 Harley Davidson at a salvage auction.
68 F100 2wd
LOTS & LOTS of Boxsters
Old 07-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Post Fiend

JEFFFAFA has a great reputation on FTE.JEFFFAFA has a great reputation on FTE.JEFFFAFA has a great reputation on FTE.JEFFFAFA has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Well it only took me 2 years, but I finally found a donor for my 68. I had the winning bid of $500 for a rolled 2003 Harley Davidson at a salvage auction.
Note. The Lightning came from the factory with a 8# supercharger pulley. The Harley came with a 6#. The superchargers were painted different colors. The engine was the same. If the power back glass window regulator is still good by chance PM me. I might be interested.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
That is a real nice ride for sure. But with no rubber pads on the clutch
peddle that could be dangerous. If ya have ever had your wet shoe slip
off the peddle and peel the hide off yer ankle as well as prolly break it, ya
would never drive without a pad again. Assuming ya lived through the wreck that is. Ouch!!

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 07-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Postmaster

crazed87bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Awesome deal on the donor truck at the auction. Post up on it when you get started will be a good build I'm sure.

Nice note on the supercharger pulley Jeff
Old 07-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Posting Guru

itsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA View Post
Note. The Lightning came from the factory with a 8# supercharger pulley. The Harley came with a 6#. The superchargers were painted different colors. The engine was the same. If the power back glass window regulator is still good by chance PM me. I might be interested.
I'll be parting out what's left of the truck. Unfortunately there doesn't look like there'll be much to part out after I'm done yanking what I need. Every body panel looks to be crushed and I'm just hoping the motor/trans are ok. You're first on my list though. Thanks
68 F100 2wd
LOTS & LOTS of Boxsters
Old 07-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Posting Guru

Well I made the 1250 mile round trip to go pick up the truck and it wasn't as fruitful as I had hoped. I knew from the pictures of it I saw on the website that it was unlikely it would have any resalable body parts. They don't have the best picture, so you're rolling the dice on these things when you buy stuff unseen. I had hoped that the motor and trans had made it through the wreck okay. The good news is the motor looks so far to have made it through with only some minor bruises. Time will tell once I start pealing the body off of it. The trans wasn't so lucky and now has its own removable bellhousing. I was also hoping I could use the wiring harnesses too, but I'll be lucky to get the engine harness out unscathed.

68 F100 2wd
LOTS & LOTS of Boxsters
Old 07-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Post Fiend

JEFFFAFA has a great reputation on FTE.JEFFFAFA has a great reputation on FTE.JEFFFAFA has a great reputation on FTE.JEFFFAFA has a great reputation on FTE.
I almost got a shiver up my spine. It's the 2003 year specific silver and black like mine. 2 possible good wheels and hub caps. Lot of Harley F150 specific parts you may be able to Craig's list. Off the top of my head fender emblems,tailgate emblem,dash cluster with white faced gauges graduated like a motorcyle,matching front and rear consoles,all 4 bucket seats,left side sun visor with voice recorder. Non Harley specific parts like the power pedals,ATC A/C control head,etc.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Posting Guru

Thanks for the tips. The drivers seat has started to crack, but the rest look okay. I was going to keep them and maybe reuse them some how.
68 F100 2wd
LOTS & LOTS of Boxsters
Old 07-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Posting Guru

Well it looks like I'm not going to join the lightning club just yet. When the trans snapped in half, it forced the flex plate/torque converter into the block. The bolts that hold them together broke off the mounting brackets.
Almost everything on the truck was bent or broke from the accident. Surprisingly the supercharger made it through without a scratch and I'm hoping to make my money back by selling it and the wheels. I paid $500 for the truck and another $500 in fees and fuel to get it.
68 F100 2wd
LOTS & LOTS of Boxsters
Old 07-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Post Fiend

Hang on there O master of Lightning. That block IS NOT S/C specific. The short block is but the bare block isn't. Short block is only because of the pistons. Block,crank,rods all standard 5.4L. To make a long story short, stick with 2002 and 2003 5.4L. How 'bout finding a core 02/03 5.4L, use it's block,crank,and bearings to fit it, and the rest off your motor?

Old 07-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Senior User

Ozarktraveler is starting off with a positive reputation.
2X What JAFFFAFA said. Hang in there.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:37 PM