1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 F450 with only airbag light on dash

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 03:35 PM
08 fence 450
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 F450 with only airbag light on dash

My 450 has all power to lights and aux but no dash lights and only the airbag light will illuminate on the dash and the truck won't start there is absolutely no power being transfered to the starter. It only happens after rain or increasing humidity it seems. Does any one have any ideas???

Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 AM
kongo1
New User
I am having the same exact same problem! I have a 2008 f250 with a 5.4l and only 27K miles. I have seen numerous post on different web sites from people having the same issue but have never seen a resolution.
I have put a brand new battery in (twice). Truck will run perfect then one day "no start" accompanied by no cluster lights (except for airbag) and no door chimes. Everything else has power but battery is drained down to about 75% overnight. All fuses are good.
Dealer has had it for about a week and a half and can't find anything. Truck was towed there and would not start when it arrived. They charged it and it has been fine since but I know its just a matter of time before it does it again. This is the second time I had to have it towed and the second time a shop can't find the cause. Has anybody solved this very frustrating issue???

Old 01-12-2013, 10:34 AM
greentree ford
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
alot of different places leak. like the windshield, overhead clearance lights causing a short

Start buy looking around fuse box for any signs of moisture
Sometimes moisture get in by the sun visor mounting screw, remove the corner of the overhead liner look of moisture

if you have clearance lights pop of the lens cover look for signs of moisture

look inside of driver door around window motor or power locks

we talking about a gasser or diesel

Old 01-12-2013, 10:42 AM
kongo1
New User
Thanks for the reply! 5.4 gasser. When I jiggle the #26 fuse ("cluster") on the floor of the passenger side it will sometimes start chiming and the cluster lights will come on but they go crazy and die after about 10 seconds. It also will not take a jump (boost) when the issue arises.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:46 AM
greentree ford
Senior User
does it only happen after rain or high humidity

Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 AM
kongo1
New User
I know the first time was after rain, but I can't remember if it rained the second time. However, it rained alot here in PA last night and the dealer called me last night and said they wanted to keep it over the weekend and try it again today or monday so hopefully they will find something if it is moisture related. It's just frustrating because I have seen several people write in to different sites with the exact issue but never see what the source of the problem is.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:07 AM
greentree ford
Senior User
Originally Posted by kongo1
It's just frustrating because I have seen several people write in to different sites with the exact issue but never see what the source of the problem is.
Im going to jump on MADSONP's bane wagon.

Nobody ever reports back with the out come Please do everybody a favor and let us know what you find out, good or bad.

That is the only way that we learn whats up

Old 01-12-2013, 11:10 AM
kongo1
New User
An example I found on another web site...

Hi, I got a 2008 Ford F-250 Gas truck. I left the keys in the igniton and in the run position overnight and now it wont start. All fuses and relays are good in both junction boxes. Battery has been replaced with a new one. When the key is turned to the ignition/on positon only the airbag light comes on. The instrument cluster is completely dead... it doesn't even light up when the parklights/headlights are turned on. Any ideas? PCM dead?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:29 AM
kongo1
New User
In anyone's experience does this sound like it could be a PATS issue? Especially since the headlights and all other accesories (radio, heater, interior lights, locks, etc.) work fine, only the cluster doesn't illuminate, guages don't work, and won't start.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:13 PM
kongo1
New User
I'm having the same problem 2 years later, does anyone have any ideas???
Last time it happened the dealer charged the battery after it was towed in and kept the truck for a week to make sure the battery didn't drain. My Battery shows 875CCA, but no cranking at all, just air bag light??? The truck sat for 2 weeks over the holidays in some heavy rain. I'm thinking whatever got wet last time finally dried out by the time the dealer had it???

Old 03-26-2015, 11:08 AM
671-BEAST
New User
I'm having the same problem 2 years later, does anyone have any ideas???
Last time it happened the dealer charged the battery after it was towed in and kept the truck for a week to make sure the battery didn't drain. My Battery shows 875CCA, but no cranking at all, just air bag light??? The truck sat for 2 weeks over the holidays in some heavy rain. I'm thinking whatever got wet last time finally dried out by the time the dealer had it???
Did you ever get this resolved? I have a 2008 F350 and have been experiencing same symptoms over the past 6 months.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:35 AM
671-BEAST
New User
Thanks for the reply! 5.4 gasser. When I jiggle the #26 fuse ("cluster") on the floor of the passenger side it will sometimes start chiming and the cluster lights will come on but they go crazy and die after about 10 seconds. It also will not take a jump (boost) when the issue arises.
Figured I'd try this just to see what happens. I opened up the fuse panel cover and was about to jiggle fuse #26 but decided to first jiggle all the wires around it. Then decided to turn my key into the start position to see if I hear or see anything as I attempt to jiggle the fuse. Once I turned my key, I noticed that all my dash cluster lights came on and the door chimes were chiming. Basically all I did was open the fuse cover and jiggle the wires/harnesses around the panel. So far my truck engine is still on and running and dash lights looking good after I did above and as I am writing this post (about 20 minutes). I'm now going to take it to Ford and explain this to see if they can shed any light. Also to note - I did not see any moisture anywhere around the fuse panel.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:06 PM
cstockman
New User
PLEASE HELP 2008 f250 5.4 no crank airbag light only

SAME ISSUE. After a rain my truck won't crank....only airbag light on the cluster works. Did anyone get this issue resolved, battery and alternator are new. Something is getting wet but I don't know what. All fuses are checking good also. Ive wiggled wires and tried even jumping the starter but nothing. It has been three days and still hasn't dried out. Ford had it for almost two weeks and couldn't find anything... I cannot afford 148$ an hour for electrical troubleshooting. Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give!

Old 10-14-2016, 04:35 PM
JpHawaii
New User
Same boat, no oars

Would really appreciate any guidance or feedback on this problem. I'm struggling with the same and have tried everything I can think to. I pulled the fuse panel out interior passenger side dried out and cleaned up a little corrosion. That seemed to have helped one time but I think now it was just a coincidence. Have been going around the truck with a water hose when it wants to start to see if I can recreate the no start condition. Always no luck, truck starts when it wants and acts fine, when it doesn't want to start I just get the airbag light of doom and nothing I do will help.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:11 PM
cstockman
New User
I have many thousands of $$$$ in my driveway with a no start condition for 2 months now... did you figure anything out on this?

Quick Reply: 2008 F450 with only airbag light on dash