1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Diamond Eye 4" Exhaust

Old 06-15-2012, 06:10 AM
TyBragg
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld
He never had one Jose! He owes me so much now in shop costs and mechanic work, I was gonna make him pay for my funeral expenses!

It shouldn't be much though........I wanna be buried in my truck! He ain't gittin either! LOL!!
I'll pay you back one of these days. Like I told you the other day: Some day, you will need your a%& wiped and washed. If I can't return the favors to you by then, I'll be there for you. I guess I'll be there anyway...so...maybe I'll just hold out on some of this favor returin'. Haha.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:27 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TyBragg
I'll pay you back one of these days. Like I told you the other day: Some day, you will need your a%& wiped and washed. If I can't return the favors to you by then, I'll be there for you. I guess I'll be there anyway...so...maybe I'll just hold out on some of this favor returin'. Haha.
Gee, I'm gettin all choked up here. Now I'm looking forward to getting old and you having to wipe my a$$! I'm gonna eat Ex-lax like candy!

Old 06-15-2012, 06:20 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by TyBragg
Gee, I'm gettin all choked up here. Now I'm looking forward to getting old and you having to wipe my a$$! I'm gonna eat Ex-lax like candy!
To be a father in law and a son in law like them: is like MC: PRICELESS.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:10 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish my father in law was as cool as Bill. My father in law is a GM product driving government (USPS) employee who thinks he knows it all and doesn't work on much of anything himself.... The only thing that helps us get along is that he lives 5 1/2 hours away in Grand Rapids Michigan.... Otherwise I am sure we would have gotten into it over some of the crap he has pulled.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Tyler and I pick at each other all the time. A guy couldn't ask for a better son-in-law as far as I'm concerned. He served his country with two tours in Iraq, he works very hard and takes good care of my daughter and their two boys, and he drives an OBS PSD!.......I think I'll keep him for a while! LOL!!

I hope his head doesn't get too big when he reads this.....I'll never hear the end of it!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Stroker4me
New User
I have a 96 PSD and was told that to replace the down exhaust pipe I would have to bend the firewall because there is not enough space. Did you have to do that to the 97?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:43 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Stroker4me
I have a 96 PSD and was told that to replace the down exhaust pipe I would have to bend the firewall because there is not enough space. Did you have to do that to the 97?
I put a 3" down pipe in mine and yes, you do have to flatten the pinch weld where the fire wall meets the tunnel, but you don't have to bend the fire wall. It's nothing major, just a little massaging with a BFH!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:44 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Welcome to FTE by the way

Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Redneckmorton
Senior User

I just did mine last week on a 96. I found it easier to reach it from under the truck and used a baseball bat.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:55 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Redneckmorton
I just did mine last week on a 96. I found it easier to reach it from under the truck and used a baseball bat.
Hey, that works! LOL! Haven't heard of anyone using a baseball bat! I did mine while the trans was out so swinging the hammer was easy. With the trans still in, a porta-power works well too, if you have access to one.....I kinda like the ball bat idea though!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:58 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Also, where you need to flatten the pinch weld is right in a curved section. If you split the pinch weld with a pair of tin snips right in the middle of the curve, it makes it a lot easier to flatten out.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Stroker4me
New User
thanks! Recon 2/9 Semper Fi, without having to read back through all the posts again, whats the best exhaust kit to put on? I just put on the 6 position TS Performance chip and it's amazing the difference. Got the cold air intake done also, just need to do the exhaust and I'm all setup, thx

Old 06-15-2012, 11:21 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
thanks! Recon 2/9 Semper Fi, without having to read back through all the posts again, whats the best exhaust kit to put on? I just put on the 6 position TS Performance chip and it's amazing the difference. Got the cold air intake done also, just need to do the exhaust and I'm all setup, thx
Diamond Eye or MBRP are two commonly used systems. Go to Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts: Powerstroke Parts | Ford Diesel Parts | 7.3L Powerstroke Parts | Ford - 94-97 'OBS' 7.3L and check out what Clay has. He's great to deal with!
What intake do you have? Please don't say K&N!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:18 AM
TyBragg
Elder User
I was a spook from 2nd Intel Bn, Topographic Plt, CLNC. Semper Fi. Like Bill said - MBRP and Diamond Eye are two commonly used systems. There are other threads that compare the two and get opinions of which is better. You can search this Forum and find a lot of good info on exhaust, along with about every other thing you can think of!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:24 AM
TyBragg
Elder User
Tyler and I pick at each other all the time. A guy couldn't ask for a better son-in-law as far as I'm concerned. He served his country with two tours in Iraq, he works very hard and takes good care of my daughter and their two boys, and he drives an OBS PSD!.......I think I'll keep him for a while! LOL!!

I hope his head doesn't get too big when he reads this.....I'll never hear the end of it!
Oh geez...what am I on the hook for now? Must be something...I know, you're saying this right before you break the news that you have recently put something in your garage and we can't work on my truck and this (thread topic) project this weekend right? If not...then how much do I owe you for the nice comments?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diamond Eye 4" Exhaust