Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2012, 10:40 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Way To Go, Thunder!

Way to go, Thunder!!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Post Fiend

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, the Heat were Thunderstruck!
If that's not already their normal intro music, it should be.....
Of course, Brian Johnson might not overly thrilled about it, seeing as he moved from rainy England and now resides in Florida. Better weather for driving his open-top antique Bentley as the daily driver of choice.......
For those who don't know who Brian Johnson is, he's a real big petrolhead, who just happened to be lead singer in a "small band", named AC/DC.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
1995 Mazda B2300 (undercover Ford)
Old 06-14-2012, 10:48 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Oops! We'll Get Them Sunday

Well, what can I say? They'll have to start a bit earlier on Sunday.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Post Fiend

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis View Post
Well, what can I say? They'll have to start a bit earlier on Sunday.
Totally my fault. I forgot the game was going on, and failed to turn on the TV to ignore the game, until about 10 minutes left in the 4th....
In case you doubt this had anything to do with, I turned on game 1 during halftime. Further proof, the last game with the Spurs, I had playing in a minimized window on my computer, also from halftime.

No, I don't watch the games (or any type of ballgame). But, if I'm not actively ignoring it, they don't seem to do as well...... Go figure.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff View Post
Totally my fault. I forgot the game was going on, and failed to turn on the TV to ignore the game, until about 10 minutes left in the 4th....
In case you doubt this had anything to do with, I turned on game 1 during halftime. Further proof, the last game with the Spurs, I had playing in a minimized window on my computer, also from halftime.

No, I don't watch the games (or any type of ballgame). But, if I'm not actively ignoring it, they don't seem to do as well...... Go figure.
Yep, that's about when they started playing. So it is your fault!
Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Yep, that's about when they started playing. So it is your fault!
I know. What's even worse, I heard on the news one night that the Thunder had the best record in their conference or the entire league, wasn't sure which, since I was actively ignoring the sports segment. I went to the NBA website to find out, and sure enough, they had a huge lead over the Spurs, were leading their conf, and had the second best win percentage in the entire NBA, due to a team in the other conf having played more games, and only lost the same number as OKC.
Spurs went on a huge winning streak, claiming the conf title for the regular* season. *regular as it can be, after getting such a late start, which was too early for my taste....
When the playoffs started, I didn't pay any attention to what was going on, until the Spurs came up as the next opponent, carrying a perfect record into the first game. We all know what happened next...... Yep, I started actively ignoring the games via the internet.

The only reason I knew they were meeting the Heat in the finals, is my son in law is from Florida, so all he ever talks about is either the Bucks or the Heat, depending on the time of the year.
This brings me to the real reason I am rooting for the Thunder. Sure, it would be great for them to win a championship after such a short time in their new home. It would also be great for the state as a whole. But all of these items pale in comparison to me being able to shut up my obnoxiously loud s-i-l for a few more months. He was a Thunder fan, right up until they were to meet the Heat, where he flip-flopped and went with the team from his former home state, rather than the team from his current home state and birthplace of his children.
Triators MUST be taught a lesson.

Oh yeah, when that Thunder dude hit the 3 pointer with about a minute to go, and got the score to only a 2 point margin, the noise caught my attention so I looked at the TV for a couple minutes. D'OH! They almost had it in the bag, and I caused them to blow it.........
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
Old 06-15-2012, 02:34 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

So, do you want me to call you on Sunday to remind you?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
So, do you want me to call you on Sunday to remind you?
I hope the game is during the evening, like the rest have been. I have a race to run sunday, and won't be home until late afternoon or early evening. Kinda hard to actively ignore it, if I'm not home. That's why it was halftime before I turned it on Tuesday, as I turned it on as soon as I walked in.

But yeah, it wouldn't hurt to remind me about the game. I'm likely to be rather tired, and could forget it. Of course, there's also the chance that I could fall asleep while it's on, which kind of negates the "actively" part of the ignoring..... I would hate to see them get behind simply because I fell asleep. It;s gonna be tough enough with the game taking place in hell (Miami is the same as NYC and most other big cities. I'd rather be in the real hell, as everyone around me could understand why I hated it so bad)....
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
Old 06-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Posting Guru

jwtimme is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
whell the finals did not go as well, maybe next year
Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtimme View Post
whell the finals did not go as well, maybe next year
Yep. Maybe next year. Still, it is far better than not having a team.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter

Tags
thunder