Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: kermmydog

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Posting Guru

351Cleveland C4 has a good reputation on FTE.351Cleveland C4 has a good reputation on FTE.351Cleveland C4 has a good reputation on FTE.
Ball-Ball towing

is towing two bumper hitch trailers legal in this state? there have been a couple of times that i could have used this method.
truck-big trailer-small trailer
Old 06-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
triple towing is legal in AZ but! i am not sure if one has to be a 5th wheel set up or not and i am sure there are restrictions on total length. you may need a commercial vehicle, may need a endorsement to pull. ya may want to do a google search.

Good Luck.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Senior User

kstones63 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ball to ball towing in not legal with AZ plates. You can tow a trailer behind a fifth wheel trailer. I did it for several years going to the sand dunes and never had any problems, even in California.
If you call DPS, you can get an answer to suit your needs and then run with it. My truck, fifth wheel and second trailer were 71' long. I called DPS and they told me that as long as the tow vehicle and the main trailer were not over 65' long, I could put any trailer behing that I wanted to. I know that it isn't correct but that Iswhat I wanted to hear hear so I headed out with it.
That has been almost 15 years ago so I might be off on those numbers but I know that I was over the legal limit for that era.
DPS also told me that you don't need any special drivers license, just a normal operator's license.

Kevin
29 Ford Sedan Delivery
99 F250 SD, CC, Diesel, 4x4
95 F350 Dually Flatbed Diesel
Old 06-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Posting Guru

351Cleveland C4 has a good reputation on FTE.351Cleveland C4 has a good reputation on FTE.351Cleveland C4 has a good reputation on FTE.
ya i know i can do it behind a 5er, but all i have are *****. oh well, i dont have to do it that often anyway.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter