Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Other Ford Engines > Flathead V8 & Flathead 6
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

rkcarguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lincoln V12's

My grandfather has passed away, a Jalopy racer and mechanic of over 50 years. In dealing with his estate we've discovered an old semi trailer with 4 Lincoln V-12's in it among other parts. I have not tried turning them over or anything, just had a peek.
Doing a little research I guess these had alot of issues except the later ones, so I'll have to check and see which version they are.
The big question, are they worth getting into for parts/resale or do we let the recycler send them off to become KIA's?

93 Honda Civic w/2.0L CRV Engine

63 MG Midget w/SR20DET
Old 06-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
A quick search tells me they are worth money to collectors.

You'll need to sort them out, and probably some time to sell them as the market for them is probably pretty small, but when they need them, they need them.

That's my WAG....
Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Ken(Ark) is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
My grandfather has passed away, a Jalopy racer and mechanic of over 50 years. In dealing with his estate we've discovered an old semi trailer with 4 Lincoln V-12's in it among other parts. I have not tried turning them over or anything, just had a peek.
Doing a little research I guess these had alot of issues except the later ones, so I'll have to check and see which version they are.
The big question, are they worth getting into for parts/resale or do we let the recycler send them off to become KIA's?
They probably are not sitting in storage because they are junk .

Ebay will let you list 50 items a month for free .

For some strange reason you can list them for $50 and nobody will want them , but you list them for $900 and they will fight over them ????

There are also some flathead Ford sites that have ad sections . You could post some pics on one of those sites and get a few hours of entertainment from it , better than most tv shows these days .
Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

critterf1 has a good reputation on FTE.critterf1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Three different versions were offered, 448, 332 and 414's. The 448 and the 332 were 1 year only versions and should be in some kind of demand by anyone restoring a 1932 or a 1933 Lincoln.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

rkcarguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll have to look into it further. He was very picky about his stuff being an ex-army mechanic. I'm in the same boat of thinking, they would have been outside in the yard with the other boat anchors if that is what they were. I wouldn't be surprised if they were all rebuilt and gooped up for storage knowing him...

93 Honda Civic w/2.0L CRV Engine

63 MG Midget w/SR20DET
Old 10-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Junior User
1954 Mercury Meteor
My Garage

geomechs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are these the full-sized Lincoln engines or could they be from the Zephyr? The Zephyr engines were quite small, displacing around 267 prewar and upwards of 292 after the war.
GMS
Old 10-20-2012, 08:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Other Ford Engines > Flathead V8 & Flathead 6

Tags
12, flat, ford, head, lincoln, performance, v12, worth