Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Senior User

bk53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
wow, lucky truck she'll see another 60 years after this treatment. I'm thinking of stripping what trim my 53 has off. It's a pain to work around, and its kind of obvious what it is. The fenders are a dead giveaway I guess stripping trim would be a lot simpler on a 53.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby41909 View Post
I'd also like to get the deluxe trim and I've seen several versions (I am not an expert) for the hood. I have the single spear and would like to expand that with the upper and lower bars. The hood is so tall I think it looks better with that upgrade.

Anyonw know where I can get a good set? My spears are in great shape so I only need the others with the clips.
The front "arrows" for the trim are available in reproduction. You just need the four "extra" bars. I have them. You can email me at modelking2000 at hotmail dot com.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Elder User

ZOOT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ZOOT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks really great. Who makes those finned valve covers? Cal Custom? I want the same type on mine. Nice job on the tranny cover fab, looks good. Great job
Old 06-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Senior User

HEAVY100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thats a great build
Old 06-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Senior User

Bobby41909 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOT View Post
Looks really great. Who makes those finned valve covers? Cal Custom? I want the same type on mine. Nice job on the tranny cover fab, looks good. Great job
I found them on Ebay...search "ford 302 finned valve covers". They are really nice and only cost $83. Got the air cleaner the same way
Old 06-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Posting Guru

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
Wow 1,2,3, you make it look easy, I guess thats the difference between Me an amature, and you oviously not an amature. Nice planning, nice workmanship = a very nice truck. Im looking forward to watching you as you progress. Nice!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Posting Guru

Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Moe Craig
Quote:
A few more:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Nice job. I like to ask about the AC vents. Can you tell me about them? They are going to look great in their. Second is the the top hole in the dash, where the speaker goes, is that where the AC controls go? What kind of control are you going to use?

1949 Ford F1
"You don't know the power of the Darkside!"
Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Senior User

Bobby41909 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Craig View Post
Nice job. I like to ask about the AC vents. Can you tell me about them? They are going to look great in their. Second is the the top hole in the dash, where the speaker goes, is that where the AC controls go? What kind of control are you going to use?
The A/C is a universal kit from Vintage Air (actually got it from Summit since they recently became a distributor...great prices). Once the body work is done on the dash it should look like it came that way from the factory (that's the goal).

The top hole is for the A/C controls which is a standard Vintage Air controller for thier newer generation systems. It's black like the rest of the dash items: gauges, radio, pedals, etc. The newer systems are electronically controlled instead of cable driven. I have a similar (just larger) system in my '69 Charger and it works great.

If you're REALLY interested I can post the part#'s we used for this system. It's not a bolt in but a little fab work and you've got something that should look like it belongs. We will have to modify the glove box though. It will still be there but not as deep.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Posting Guru

Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Moe Craig
Quote:
The A/C is a universal kit from Vintage Air (actually got it from Summit since they recently became a distributor...great prices). Once the body work is done on the dash it should look like it came that way from the factory (that's the goal).

The top hole is for the A/C controls which is a standard Vintage Air controller for their newer generation systems. It's black like the rest of the dash items: gauges, radio, pedals, etc. The newer systems are electronically controlled instead of cable driven. I have a similar (just larger) system in my '69 Charger and it works great.

If you're REALLY interested I can post the part#'s we used for this system. It's not a bolt in but a little fab work and you've got something that should look like it belongs. We will have to modify the glove box though. It will still be there but not as deep.
Yah Bobby41909, Numbers would be great. I looked and tried the Gen IV Magnum mock-up part number 671450 to see if I could stuff it into my '49 f1. Are you going with the Gen II or Gen IV? Is it a Sure Fit Kit? Or did you piece it together?

1949 Ford F1
"You don't know the power of the Darkside!"
Old 06-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Awesome build. I'll be following along.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
really nice work done right!

Always better to start with a solid example than a pile of iron lace curtains.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Senior User

chappys4life is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like your work but such a overdone color combo
Old 06-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Elder User

Schuyles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Schuyler Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappys4life View Post
I like your work but such a overdone color combo
The only color I see is red wheels...
Old 06-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Bobby, check with 51PanelMan. He has lots of parts for 48 - 52 and probably has the spears and the fender section.
Your build looks great!

Oops! didn't see the second page...
Old 06-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topmoo View Post
Bobby, check with 51PanelMan. He has lots of parts for 48 - 52 and probably has the spears and the fender section.
Your build looks great!

Oops! didn't see the second page...
Thanks for the mention. Yes, Bob and I have been in communication.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-14-2012, 09:30 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
50s, 51, build, early, f1, ford, lowering, rod, street, truck, updates