1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Damn Cats

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Damn Cats

Went to go fishing today in the boat and while I had it parked up in the yard getting ready to go, the cat jumped in the boat and crawled up into the hull.

got there and the cat was in side scared to death, wouldn't come out.

Thanks for 2 hours of wasted fuel cat. Gah!

Cat usually sleeps in the boat when its in the barn, so hopefully it wont sleep in there anymore.

I was gonna post this in the Tenn forum, then I realized nobody would respond.
So, for those who dont live in Tenn, there are not many lakes here.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:26 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
That cat would have just had to take a fishing trip out on the lake

Old 06-09-2012, 02:10 PM
richdawg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were you going cat fishing?
Should have just used him / her for bait. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:10 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd would have used it for bait...........maybe caught a catfish! LOL!!!

Old 06-09-2012, 02:19 PM
richdawg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that is funny.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
That would be funny.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:56 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
We hit that one at the same time Rich! Great minds think alike I guess! LOL!!

Old 06-09-2012, 03:08 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 397 Likes on 268 Posts
Not many lakes?wow,i been to two in my life in tn...i wonder if they are the only two there? Hahahahah

I still love tennessee

Old 06-09-2012, 08:58 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love Tennessee too. I have family that lives down there and I need to get back down there for a visit. There aren't as many lakes there as there are up North, but there are some really nice ones. The one I am thinking of is in Roan Mountain State Park. Watagua Lake is the one I am thinking of. It's a cool place and if you go at the right time of the year they have some pretty impressive powerboat racing to see.

That doesn't really help you though Willaim sonce that's about half way across the state from you. It is closer to Knoxville, on the TN/NC border. Still, it it a nice place to visit if you;re ever in the area.

My family had a similar thing happen. Once year my dad was packing up to go on a week long camping trip, so he had their pop up opened up. Got everything packed up, closed the camper, hitched it up and took off. Got to the camp ground, opened the door to the camper and one of their cats shot out the door like its tail was on fire, headed for a woods nearby and was never seen (at least by them) again. Of course they had enough of the stupid felines that they didn't miss it much... Stupid cat.

I had one hitch a ride home from work with me one time too when I was in high school. Crawled up under the hood somewhere and rode home from the farm where I worked.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:22 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 397 Likes on 268 Posts
a couple of years ago when i had my 96 xtra cab 4x.We were at my dads house for christmas.LOTS of snow and he lives in the country and we had the truck packed full.when we went to leave I went out to start it and let it warm for a while.No big deal,right? Except that I started it and about that fast it went thump,thump,wham....amp light comes on..what the heck.I pop the hood and whala the belt is off???? you guessed it...dang cat was liking the warm stroker....up until the end...it did not make it..good news is I reinstalled the belt and we were up and going no big deal...

Old 06-09-2012, 09:39 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
I was doing a little HVAC side job several years ago. I had a '90 Ranger with a Topper on it and had all my tools back there. Finished the job and was loading my tools in the truck and I guess their cat was in there nosing around and I shut the topper. Got home close to midnight and was unloading my tools into the garage, opened the topper and like Nate said, that cat came out of there like it was on fire! Scared the s**t and all outa me!

Old 06-09-2012, 09:48 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
I've got a better one than that! It's not about a cat, but it's pretty funny. My nephew hit a 6 point buck with a little Dodge D50. He picked the deer up and put it in the back of the truck, which had an aluminum topper on it ( see where this is going ) he took it to a friends house and went in to tell them what happened, and when they all walked out on the porch to go look at it, the deer stood up through the aluminum topper and shredded it, ripped it completely off the truck and ran off LOL!! He said they all just stood there with their mouths hanging open and watched it run away.LOL!!

Old 06-10-2012, 06:47 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Lol, These were all good for a morning laugh!

Old 06-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Oh man, thats a great one bill!!

Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
I can't beat that one, and this story doesn't involve a truck, but we had a cat for a while that lived indoors. Well, we had a bunch of people over for New Years Eve one year. As I recall we were all sitting around the living room, playing some kind of party game, watching the lead up to the ball drop on TV when all of a sudden the Christmas tree starts shaking all over the place, decorations start flying off of it all over the floor, the cat is thrashing around under the tree, then the Christmas lights go out and the cat shoots down the hallway toward the bedroom. I was laughing too hard to follow him for a while. Instantly realizing exactly what had happened. Stupid feline had been laying under the tree, chewing on the Christmas lights. Turns out he bit all the way through both sides of the cord and shocked the Pi$$ out of himself. It was just like a scene from the movie "Christmas Vacation". "That cat had nine lives and he just used them ALL". We all got a good laugh out of that one, and BTW the cat was fine. It just so happens one of my closest friends who was there that night is our vet. Seems he was about the only one all that concerned about the kitty.

Quick Reply: Damn Cats