1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1st Post, New (to us) '55 F100

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 08:16 AM
69taposer
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Post, New (to us) '55 F100

My wife is a big Ford truck fan (her last vehicle was a 2008 F350) and we are currently restoring a '73 Camaro (73 Camaro Build - 73 Camaro Build). Seeing how there is a "Ford side" and "Chevy side" to our garage and the "Chevy side" has been busy for the past year, I figured it was time for the "Ford side" to see some activity. My wife's bday is this coming Thursday and this is on the way:

...from CO as a big birthday surprise. Not sure what the plans are for it yet, as the plan will be her's.

This history of the truck is, 42,000 original miles and I bought it from the 2nd owner. The original owner was a pastor that bought it in '55 and drove it locally on a limited basis. The 2nd owner bought it from him in 1985 and had owned it ever since. In 1991 it received a light "restoration" (it was painted). It's a pretty nice driver and I am told there was no rot when it was painted. I have about 35 high res pics of the underside,engine bay, and body, but we will see when it gets here.

It's mostly original (born-with drive line and interior) including the 6v system, but minus the tow hitch and a sheet of steel over the original wood bed. The current owner kept the truck under cover drove it about once a week. More details when it arrives this week.

Phil

Old 06-09-2012, 08:29 AM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Welcome to the madness! That is a great looking truck. You, sir, I one heck of a great guy for giving this to the misses for a gift. Wish my special someone was as kind. Keep us updated with pictures.

Are you keeping the 6volt system? Restoring the bed to wood? Any safety upgrades? (Brakes, steering, etc.) Let's us know the details. Again, welcome.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:04 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,449 Likes on 1,396 Posts
Originally Posted by 69taposer
The original owner was a pastor that bought it in '55 and drove it locally on a limited basis.
The proverbial little old man who only drove it to church on Sundays. How fitting.

That is a sweet truck. My hat's off to you. What a great present for a Ford truck-loving wife. You both must be pretty special people. Welcome both of you to the forum!

Old 06-09-2012, 10:28 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
Nice looking truck...lots of potential. The wife should be pleased!

Old 06-09-2012, 11:15 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Appears to be a very nice unmolested truck. Welcome to the forum.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:18 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't see no Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).

Quote:
Originally Posted By Jolly Roger Joe

Welcome to FTE!

Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...ghtsafter1.jpg

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 PM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It sounds like your wife has her heart in the right place!!! What a great gift! It looks like you have one of those lucky finds...a truck that hasn't been beat on for years by a series of unforgiving owners!

Welcome to the forum!

Dan

Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Hello Phil, I love to hear about Ford trucks and happy familys, sounds like your a very lucky man to have both, and so is your wife. Welcome to the site.
PS Nice truck.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:07 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Hello Phil, I love to hear about Ford trucks and happy familys, sounds like your a very lucky man to have both, and so is your wife. Welcome to the site.
PS Nice truck.

Where are you all seeing this truck of his?. I see no pic in this thread, Nothing under his user name or the Chevy link in his post?

Old 06-09-2012, 02:09 PM
whitley
Junior User
Well at least you're not putting the chevy engine in the ford. Nice truck though!

Old 06-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Tyler S
Elder User

Originally Posted by arctic y block
Where are you all seeing this truck of his?. I see no pic in this thread, Nothing under his user name or the Chevy link in his post?
You must be having technical difficulties. He posted two pics in his original post of sky blue 55 F-100.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:54 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Well I have opened this thread several times and in his first post I see two blank spots where pics should be. I want to see them. Sky Blue is my favorite color too. Somebody help.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Mr Mayo
Bring out the best!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! That's a beautiful truck, that's for sure. My opinion is leave it as it is, (maybe replace the rear end with a 9") and drive the wheels off of it!

Old 06-09-2012, 04:15 PM
69taposer
Junior User
Thanks for the kind wishes everyone. She is a VERY special lady...On our 1st date a few years ago I walked her back to her vehicle to see an F350 parked in her spot! It was pretty much over from then on.

Every time I am in the garage working on the Camaro, regardless of how nasty the job is, she is right there with me. But I can imagine the visual that you may have of her in your heads...being from NH and all ...but I bet you are wrong!

Not sure why some are having issues seeing pix..they are hosted. But here's a link to a bunch of pix:

Vehicle Photo: 1955 Ford F100

Not sure of details yet, it will be up to her as to what gets done. But I do know she will want to get rid of the metal bottom bed, put a new wood bed kit in it and remove the hitch.

Phil

Old 06-09-2012, 04:24 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
About the Seller
James Bales
Vehicle Location: Brighton, CO
210-383-6406 (Daytime)

That's all I got off that link. I guess my good Lord just aint gonna let me see it.

Quick Reply: 1st Post, New (to us) '55 F100