6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
View Poll Results: Do you love your new truck or are you having problems?
Love Your Superduty 6.7
97.73%
Having Problems and Failures
2.27%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Love Your Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:21 AM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
4000 miles, been having some shifting issues, but I think that has more to do with the computer calibration than the transmission. I don't notice it, but my girlfriend tells me I get the biggest smile on my face when I'm driving... What can I say? And yes, having a smaller tank than my F-150 is very disappointing, especially with all the cavernous room under there they could have used.... And the speakers....

Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Red04F150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my truck! That being said, my gripes are the NOx sensor getting replaced, an exhaust temp sensor getting replaced, and the passenger mirror quit folding in or out. All of the stuff is under warranty, it's just a pain to go to my dealer. They have the slowest service department.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's not to love? Mine is just over 2yrs old with 20Kmi. It has never towed anything, and was my personal choice as an everyday driver (Grocery Getter). I had a 2008 6.4 before this one, and after test driving the 6.7 back in 2010 I bought the truck on the spot. I have never been more happy with a truck, and problems have been none.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:51 AM
2horses
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine's just a hair over a year old, have close to 22K miles on it, and absolutely love it! No issues other than the less than optimal shifting at low throttle - but the latest flash took care of that! Now I love it even more.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Noah2010
Junior User
9500 mi and still in love!

Old 06-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Tangi Cowboy
Cargo Master
Tux, I have already put in my will that I want to be burried in my KR and driven into my 20 X 40 swimming POOL LOL
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion
love love love my truck. so much so that when i die, i want to be burried in it.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Linkhansen
Freshman User
Luvin IT!

approx 13,000 miles in less than a year. Awesome truck. Changed the speakers to the infinities mentioned on this site and added 900 watt kicker amp and 2 12's. Sprayed bed, changed rims, and added clearance lights. Will look to upgrade and chip maybe next year. Again, awesome truck!!

Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Jeff Barger
New User
Best 350 yet.

4.5K miles the truck is a premium vehicle. I enjoy every moment in it.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:23 PM
lundman
Senior User
mixed emotions

Kind of like watching your mother-in-law driving off a cliff. Mixed emotions.

Have had my 2011 -F-250 diesel Lariat for 18 months and about 78,000 kms.

Had the shifting tranny issues for months and months but Ford finally figured it out and it seems fixed the last few months.

Had a check engine warning and had to replace 4 thermostats as showing not working properly.

two recall notices from Ford so into the dealership for those.

radio problems for 6 months (Still) and several visits to the dealership, including 2 radios in, a new amp, under warranty but still the radio/cds/bluetooth keeps cutting on and off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The small fuel tank on the SB sure could use a fix in future builds.

Don't drop any change under the seats or you will have to get one of those magnetic poles to fish it out.

My 2011 should have had available the defogger unit with the rear sliding power window. If I wanted the defogger I wouldn't have been able to get the slider. They fixed that the next year but I wondered why on the F-150 but not the F-250 or 350?

The upper right windshield for some reason has the rain/water blown back to the vision of the driver rather than sliding off to the left. Must be the wind and the design on that side.

The sync doesn't always work like it should.

too heavy a curb weight. Would like to see a slightly lighter weight to take advantage of the power levels. Now that would be awesome.

Maintenance costs and part can be high.

Wish it would warm up quicker in the winter and that the supplemental cab heater worked better.

The front step bar on the truck is difficult to stand and balance on.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the look of the truck.

I like the interior but no way to reach something on the other side unless you stop.

Lots of power and luxury. Big ***** on the controls. Comfy seats with heater and cooler controls nice.

Good mileage for a large truck.

The back seat storage can be nice but should have capability to remove it for a flat back seat floor area like the F-150 without doing a lot of work.

Quiet for a diesel and the DEF has not been an issue or problem.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bottom line, lots I like about the truck but certainly some things I don't and some things I would like to see added.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bet if you segregated your responses by year,
you'd easily see the 12's are more universally sound
(of course they have les smiles typically)
but think the things to do were tweaked on the 12's ....

Old 06-08-2012, 02:37 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Nothing but love here for my 1,000 mile 2011 but reading on FTE will certainly make someone worry. I'm glad this thread was started so that I can read positive things about my Ford.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:38 PM
reelnut
Freshman User
Great truck

Ex wife made a statement once..."I wish you would rub on me as much as you rub on that truck" my response "I wish you gave me as much pleasure as this truck." Probably why she's an ex! I was just kidding at the time...I think!

Great truck 11,000 miles birthday next month, this is my 6th F series have never had a problem with any of them.

Favorite passenger my black lab named Diesel!

Old 06-08-2012, 03:35 PM
FishingNut
Elder User
Originally Posted by reelnut
Ex wife made a statement once..."I wish you would rub on me as much as you rub on that truck" my response "I wish you gave me as much pleasure as this truck." Probably why she's an ex! I was just kidding at the time...I think!
That there is funny I don't care who you are....

See Roy I am not the only one...

Old 06-08-2012, 04:35 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 6,959 Likes on 2,187 Posts
Originally Posted by reelnut
Ex wife made a statement once..."I wish you would rub on me as much as you rub on that truck" my response "I wish you gave me as much pleasure as this truck."
reps

10 characters

Old 06-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
When a woman wears a leather dress, A man's heart beats quicker, And his throat gets dry, He goes weak in the knees, And he begins to think irrationally. Ever wonder why? It's because she smells like a new truck.

Quick Reply: Love Your Truck?