Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Elder User

Shaneb75 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Shaneb75 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Shane Barnes
Thumbs down Owasso Thieves

Most if not all the apartment complexes in Owasso are getting hammered with vehicle break ins. My F250 was hit about 3 weeks ago, and my wife's Pathfinder was hit last week.

I have about 3 months until my house is built!! I cant wait to get out of this freaking place!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Posting Guru

MikeB 88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I thought that the Owasso Police caught the people preforming these bereak-in's. Maybe there's a new gang in town??
2000 Ranger Regular cab
2.5L with A/C backed up by the 5 speed manual, 2WD.
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Elder User

Shaneb75 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Shaneb75 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Shane Barnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB 88 View Post
I thought that the Owasso Police caught the people preforming these bereak-in's. Maybe there's a new gang in town??
The ones they caught were opening unlocked vehicles. This group of thugs are smashing and grabbing! I think there was some others hitting businesses, not sure if they were caught yet. Several apt complexes are getting hit, not just the one I live in.

I heard another 3 cars were hit in my complex Thursday morning last week. Not sure if any this week.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
That sux. Sorry to hear that. Dang thievin scum. I hope they catch them all. (I'm so glad we dont live in apts anymore too.)Best of luck in ya'lls last three months there. Maybe some formal certified complaint letters to the apt management will get them to beef up lighting, security, etc?....

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Elder User

Shane Barnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarxtc View Post
That sux. Sorry to hear that. Dang thievin scum. I hope they catch them all. (I'm so glad we dont live in apts anymore too.)Best of luck in ya'lls last three months there. Maybe some formal certified complaint letters to the apt management will get them to beef up lighting, security, etc?....
Thank you... Unfortunately the complex really isn't taking much of any action, and probably won't until the office has some windows smashed out....

Oh well, after today all three cars will have alarm systems. My ONLY expectation is to have the alarm go off and have enough time to fly out and meet them with a "hand shake"!! Even if I get a tag number, I would be satisfied!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:14 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
That really is a bad scene. Apparently it is happening all over. My buddy from TX called yesterday to tell me that several of the cars and engines he's had in his shop had been stolen. He'd been away and came home to find two guys trying to make off with his '69 Toronado. He said he "held them there until the sheriff got there", which means there was a Glock involved. Those guys squealed and the big boss is now in jail. Apparently he runs a salvage yard and they were stripping everything they stole, selling the parts and crushing the bodies for scrap.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Elder User

Shane Barnes
I am glad to here that are a few of them are getting caught! Tell you friend excellent job!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:18 AM
Posting Guru

jwtimme is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I got hit last Thursday, they got in my tool box on my truck and got three of my saws, and to top if off took drinks out of my ice chest in the back of my truck. Prob high schools kids with too much time on their hands now that school is out. It makes my blood boil every time they mess with the way I provide for my family.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Elder User

Shane Barnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtimme View Post
I got hit last Thursday, they got in my tool box on my truck and got three of my saws, and to top if off took drinks out of my ice chest in the back of my truck. Prob high schools kids with too much time on their hands now that school is out. It makes my blood boil every time they mess with the way I provide for my family.

I completely agree! Our apt Mgr just put out a letter offering a 250.00 reward leading to an arrest and or prosecution of the jokers... We will see how that pans out!

Jwtimme, sorry to hear about your truck!!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:10 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtimme View Post
JW - Sorry to hear that. That hurts!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Posting Guru

jwtimme is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It's a bad deal all around, at least they left me all my hand tools. When I lived in Tulsa they cut both tool boxes off my truck, I mean litteraly cleaned me out. Extension cords and all. That all happened in the sears parking lot.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Post Fiend

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Unfortunately, the best locks will only keep out the honest people.
Some folks think I'm a bit extreme, as I feel the death penalty should be imposed much more often. Perhaps I am a bit extreme, but when was the last time you saw a crime committed by a dead person?
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
1995 Mazda B2300 (undercover Ford)
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Great....we're getting more appartments in Owasso. Cant wait until we are able to move further out into the country someday.

City rezones site for new apartment complex - OwassoReporter.com: News

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarxtc View Post
Great....we're getting more appartments in Owasso. Cant wait until we are able to move further out into the country someday.

City rezones site for new apartment complex - OwassoReporter.com: News
Come on over! We don't seem to have the problems you do, which may be due to the police car that sits across the street. And, we have houses for sale and empty lots.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Post Fiend

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis View Post
Come on over! We don't seem to have the problems you do, which may be due to the police car that sits across the street.
Hmmm, that could 'splain how I can get away with leaving the keys in the ignition (many times) overnight around here. Between the OHP car parked a few doors down towards the east, and the sherriff's office a couple blocks to the west, it's rather peaceful here. Until I fire up the car, or dad's truck.......
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
1995 Mazda B2300 (undercover Ford)
Old 06-13-2012, 10:58 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter

Tags
ford, ignition, key, overnight