1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Getting the beast back together

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting the beast back together

Got my underbody tool boxes back on finally!

Boxing the stacks in with diamond plate. Not quite done, going to shorten the height a bit and put the top cover on at a slight slope to the back, then custom stack covers will be coming soon

My IC in place waiting for the lower brackets… and some time and $$ to get the bellowed uppipes in.

My IC pipes are goin to be wrapped with red exhaust wrap, I really like the look of a good wrap job.
Also got black headlight bezels and a new, rock guard deleo. The piece that goes below the grill and wraps around the sides a bit. Black of course.

The beast has only been down for a couple weeks but man I want this thing back on the road

Old 06-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
Since my ashtray exploded when I was trying the force the lighter in I had a gauge pod built

There is a little gap in the top, but turned out pretty nice. Just a couple minor adjustments to do

Also scored a steering wheel pad with cruise controll from eBay for $30. Should be here next week.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:42 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Looks good man! IC's a great upgrade. I like the little gauge pod too. I wrapped my hotside IC pipe, but not the other one. Blue wrap, other one is painted blue.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
Do u think wrapping the cold side will help keep the cool air " in" and keep the outside of the pipe from conducting any heat from the engine compartment.
I think when I get the bellowed uppipes I am goin to do the ceramic coating too. Shoot if I am spending $800 might as well throw another $100 at it. Lol.

My garage has parts and piece everywhere, the wife wants her navigator back in the garage. Ha ha ha

Old 06-02-2012, 02:07 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
I know how that goes, parts and pieces from one end to the other. Just tell her you're gonna build a bigger garage then.

It won't hurt anything to wrap the cold side, but I don't think you will gain anything. There is a lot of air movement in the engine compartment. Heck, you got a big wide open air filter right there not worrying about under the hood heat.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
When I finally get a new job in Washington state definitely getting a place with a big ol' shop. She is pretty cool with me and my 4 yr old making man messes. Lol. If I could just keep him from sneaking in the garage and messing with everything!!! He wants to work on the truck as much as I do. Ha ha ha. He loves watching videos of trucks rolling coal!!! He want to put pipes on his bicycle so he blow smoke on his little sister. I was cracking up when he told me that!!

Old 06-02-2012, 02:21 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
That's extremely cool you get your 4yr old out there helpin. That's what it's all about. Just keep the important, expensive tools up high and you're good to go!

Old 06-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
He is definitely a wrencher!!!! Took my old BBQ apart when me and the wife were in the Bahamas. Father in law said things would get quiet, then he would walk around the corner and there he was taking the BBQ apart. Ha ha ha. Made it easier to throw in the trash!!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:05 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Splatts
He wants to work on the truck as much as I do. Ha ha ha. He loves watching videos of trucks rolling coal!!! He want to put pipes on his bicycle so he blow smoke on his little sister. I was cracking up when he told me that!!
LOL!!! That's pretty cool man!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:12 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
That's pretty funny, I had two girls so I didn't get any help! I also like the ash tray mod!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:17 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
That's cool. My little boy is the same way. He is four also and I bought him his first toolbox today at Lowes it the best 20 I've sent in a while.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by fordpride
That's cool. My little boy is the same way. He is four also and I bought him his first toolbox today at Lowes it the best 20 I've sent in a while.

That a brilliant idea. Accept he would dismantle the whole house. He found an Allen wrench and took the bolts out of his sisters bed. Don't ask me how he found the right size but he did. So i made him put them back in and he put them babies in tight. U can't turn your back for a minute!!!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:27 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
That's funny. My boy will do the the same thing he will take apart anything he gets his hands on.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
With the ashtray I took out the metal liner case deleo and the 2 bolts that held it in place is what I used to mount the gauge pod. I had my welder put 2 tabs( one on either side) I drilled a hole in each and used them black push in thingys that are used to hold the inside door panels on. They hold real good and if I need to get in there just pop it out. Havent got to use the gauges since I put the pod in but it looks cool anyway. Lol

Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Splatts
Posting Guru
Well the new uppipes are in the turbo is back in place. Got my IC lower brackets made, just got to drill some holes to mount them. T-500 hpop is in and quick spool housing. Should have it completely together tomorrow and ready to go. FINALLY!! I will post some pics of the IC pipes when I am done.

Quick Reply: Getting the beast back together