Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to the June Chat thread !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:17 PM
siloketh
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For tbe longest it been The Chauffer by Deftones (which is a great song btw) but nothing beats a inline 6 thumping and sucking air lol

Old 06-13-2012, 12:47 PM
koolchange
Senior User
When (Satan's Sister) I mean my ex wife comes on the ringtone is "Crazy Train" with that haunting laugh.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:06 PM
siloketh
Senior User
When the ex-fiance calls, the song Destroy Everything by Hatebreedplays, its very fitting. She might be satan's daughter if im not mistaken

Old 06-13-2012, 01:56 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
silo and kool, You all are not right- funny but not right... I had one of those too, but the lord blessed me with a great one this time.

Well I made it safely back to Camp Bondsteel safe and sound!!!!! Back to the grind tomorrow. I can't beleive hoe fast that went by.

The wife and I snuck away for some alone time in Savannah, sorry bronco I will catch you next time I am on that side of the state. Mowed the grass and clipped the bushed before I left, I miss doing the yard work.

I had to fix the riding lawn mower, cranked the truck, fixed my honeys car and mom in laws car and laid shingles. I also knocked out a couple of honey do's too. I stayed busy !!!

Old 06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
siloketh
Senior User
Chief, I never claimed to be right in the head

If you ever find yourself and the wife in McIntosh County you should give me a holler, heres a great little restuarant right on the Sapelo river that was originally used as a military barrack with great food, good waterfront view and a one of a kind bar. I'll pm my number to ya, I'm 10 minutes away from I95 by exit 58. Heck, you can even take a gander at Redneck Paradise and see the private dock.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:41 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
That would be awesome, will be in one of my other vehicles, The truck needs alot of love when I get home. After the get away the wife has decided that we need to move to the Savannah area, she loves it there and the beach, went shark fishing off the pier at tybee Island and we had a blast.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Chief: It is good to see that you have once again returned safely. I know your crew missed you because you put the VO in Kosovo. I do love some Savannah for flat land fun, but it is hard to get The KC out of the Mountains. I know October can't get here fast enough for you. Guys have a good evening, my night to cook.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:19 PM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Howdy guys, glad you arrived safely Chief!

Kool, didn't get the stang in the new addition yet. Want to stud out
walls, put some insulation and electric in, and some good lighting first.
If I pull the stang in, I won't finish the shop! lol

Old 06-14-2012, 03:45 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good morning all,
Still trying to get over jet lag and time change but good to be back to finish this thing off. It is going to get real busy soon so the time should fly by. Dennis I just love that Stang. I need to build a garage too, one day but not anytime soon.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:44 AM
koolchange
Senior User
GT: I can identify with your situation on the Project order. You really need to finish that Garage, because before you know it we will be slogging through the snow again like last year. It seemed like every time I drove up last year I was sledding from the North Carolina line up. I expect that in MN, and MI, but not so much in PA. I also want you to finish the Stang Project Holder so that I can live vicariously through you. The Blue Snake truck has been worked on in the gravel driveway, parked between fire ant hills.

Chief: Your crew @ Bondsteel will just need to learn how to Love You Short Time. HUZZAH BRA!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Had a scare while at home, I was messing with the truck, it technically still belongs to my mother in law. We are not vehicle poor by any means and she was wondering why with the bad battery, now power steering pump and bad rear end, why we were even keeping it around.

I explained the fact that I was attached to it and that I had promised daddy that I was going to fix it up for him when I returned off of deployment. That any money needed to repair or for upkeep of the truck I would pay for out of my pocket. So the truck stays !!!!! My wife likes the idea of restoring/ updating it and going to car/ truck shows with it.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:48 AM
siloketh
Senior User
Speaking of updates, have you guys seen the ad here for the MSD Atomic EFI carb? They claim it would work on any carb'd setup with the 4v setup. Looks like a hybrid of a carb and efi system. I wonder how well it would work with a 300 running an Offy C intake, efi exhaust manifolds (being what i wish I had lol), if it would perform like a good holley carb and give good performance and good fuel mileage too. Just something I've been pondering since I looked into it yesterday. Your thoughts?

Old 06-14-2012, 10:12 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Silo: Please bear in mind Free advice is usually worth exactly what you pay for it. With that being said I looked at the MSD Atomic, and I really think the price point ($2500.00) is Non Starter. MSD is an awesome product, but to hang that on a 300 would not provide a Return on Investment over the life of the EFI. That 300 is a bullet proof engine, and if your goal is MPG, I really would investigate into an Edlebrock Carb instead. I just hung a Holley 650 on and will be taking it off to change out to a 750 Holley. If I had the spare change I would buy an Edlebrock Carb.

You may take a look at the intake, and exhaust system first. Heat up the ignition coil and Spark plugs

Silo: Also know I am not much of a Mechanic, and these are my personal observations.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
siloketh
Senior User
Very true KC, but my question is only theoretical. It looks greats but how well would it perform on a 300? I've only seen it being applied to v8s so far. But I will admit, I am not a mechanic either but the msd youtube video made it look like even I could install it.

The phrase "if it aint broke, dont fix it" rings true for a 300 but I guess it couldnt hurt to try and improve it by modernizing the fuel delivery system beyond the "tried and true" carbs. The 300 to me feels like a forgotten motor that all the top companies dont really recognize and any performance related upgrades are seem to be found at Clifford and with Offy intakes, etc. In other words, the 300 has a small performance market. I would like to see someone out there put a atomic efi on a 300 just to quell my curiosity

Old 06-14-2012, 01:29 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Silo: Yep that would be cool. When I was a teenager 190 years ago we would take our rides to the speed shop in Covington GA. They had a dragstrip (sort of) and we would run our cars. They would have prize competitions in bracketed class. Long boring story short .... there was an Old Feller that would bring his 6cyl Powerglide Chevy 2 and run it against all of us Punks with our Fire Breathers in the Bracket Class. Week in and Week out that crafty man would take our money on 3 pass ET Brackets. In order for us to beat him we would have to break out and we would look STOOPID.

You are right the 6 bangers do not get the appropriate praise or consideration in the aftermarket, but I still remember getting spanked.

Quick Reply: Welcome to the June Chat thread !!!