Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada June BS Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:10 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Evening Nevada!

Well another work week is behind us...

I've got a pretty busy weekend though...stuff to do around the house!

I've got to change the rear brakes on the Excursion, rotate the tires and change the oil...I'll do that tomorrow morning before it gets too hot around here!

Then I've got some tasks to do inside the air conditioned house!

Have a great night/weekend everyone!

Joe.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:38 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Saturday Nevada

Good morning gang!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:23 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning all,

Well, Saturday is upon us & it's supposed to be nice outside today. So, go do something fun & enjoy the sunshine!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Moving is not fun, but I will try and enjoy the weather

Happy weekend Nevada FTE!

Jim

Old 06-16-2012, 10:39 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Talking My opinion of FTE !!!

Good morning to all of you reading this and those who are just looking at the pictures ... So far the E-fans are working perfectly, except the T-stat doesn't always shut off but it always starts. Gotta give Hayden a call Monday.
I have enjoyed being here on Nevada FTE ... the improvements I have made on my poor old truck have come from things I've learned on FTE. It is also the people on FTE that make this form of communications enjoyable, for the most part !!!
Most everyone has been kind and helpful with information and Ideas for improving our trucks.... yes,and some WAG (wild *** guess), or as some call it "thinking outside the box" LOL !!! ... THANKS, DAVE

Old 06-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi gang, have a great weekend!

Dave, congratulations on the efan installation. Does each one have it's own relay? Or does the thermo-switch carry all the current to to fans?

Old 06-16-2012, 04:56 PM
HIGBE
Senior User
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
Goodmorning all,

Well, Saturday is upon us & it's supposed to be nice outside today. So, go do something fun & enjoy the sunshine!

Just got in from a nice bike ride great idea thanks ;-)

Old 06-16-2012, 05:52 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Thumbs up Over & Over

Originally Posted by Bdox
Hi gang, have a great weekend!

Dave, congratulations on the efan installation. Does each one have it's own relay? Or does the thermo-switch carry all the current to to fans?
Like I said before, I tend to "overbuild" things just a bit ... So each fan has it's own relay and circuit breaker and manual override switch plus a 100 amp circuit breaker feeding thru a 100 amp continues solenoid. All the "controls" are mounted on a 6X6X1/8" SOLID COPPER PLATE grounded directly to the body, frame and battery. Everything is run in 10ga., 12 ga., and 14 ga., wire, heat shrunk all the way and soldered at all connectors!!! I am kinda upset cuz I ran out of that black plastic loom (about 36" of it) to complete the job ggggrrrr ... must wait for payday .... 6/27/12 ... but it still works Ok for now !!!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Wow! Sounds like you did a super install. Good choice on the solenoid but I do think you might scale back on that 100 amp circuit breaker! Maybe put an ammeter on the ckt and see what the peak reading is when the two fans kick in. No point in having a breaker in excess of that number. You can even go below that because it takes a couple of seconds for the breaker to trip. The fans will be up to speed and drawing far less current before it can trip. Less likely to make any smoke that way. [As you probably know, electrical componants are made of smoke. If you let the smoke out they usually quit working.]

So, do the coils of the relays ground through the thermal switch or do they get their voltage from the thermoswitch?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

What a beautiful day we had. One of my neighbors is a wine distributor, he and his beautiful wife were sitting outside in the shade with their dog, drinking wine. They kept flagging down neighbors who all went out for a stroll and pretty soon a party had broken out!

It went really well until my dog, Romeo got into a male dominance discussion and the dogs got into a tumble into the middle of all the folks sitting around in a circle. Kinda ruined the buzz for a while. I weighed that devil yesterday and he is now 100lbs even. The other dog is a relative newcomer and I had just suggested that they let him off the leash. [Smart huh?] But no harm done, and the host opened a new bottle of champagne and all was well.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:44 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Arrow

Originally Posted by Bdox

So, do the coils of the relays ground through the thermal switch or do they get their voltage from the thermoswitch?
Here's the path 12v from ign.to t-stat from there to relay activates... relay B+ 12v from circuit breaker crosses relay to the fan motor = cool wind !!!
the other side is activated by the A/C clutch power activating the clutch in place of the t-stat... all heavy power direct 12v goes from battery ... 100 amp circuit breaker... solenoid .... 50 amp circuit breaker to 40amp bosch type relay into fan motor ... with grounding in 5 places battery solenoid control panel, core support motor and back to the battery I have an album under my name here on FTE check it out ... if you please Dave

Old 06-17-2012, 03:56 AM
79CAMOFORD
Postmaster
Happy fathers day Nevada

Old 06-17-2012, 04:55 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy Fathers Day everyone. Just checking in. Been busy with power outages killing my fridge, fighting to get my RV level (don't trust the stands I have so I will replace them with cinder blocks latter,) waiting on people who decide to cancel without calling or anything, dealing to stiffs at work, and a touch of lazyness

Enjoy everyone

Old 06-17-2012, 06:35 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING Nevada ! HAPPY FATHERS DAY ALL

Old 06-17-2012, 06:56 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Good Morning Nevada!

I hope all the dad's out there enjoy their day!

I've got a big london broil to grill later...so that means we'll be getting some rain...ha-ha...we actually NEED a LOT of rain as we're almost 7" BEHIND on our rain this year and it is very dry...

I did get all my Excursion maintenance items taken care of yesterday...so that was good!

Have a great day everyone.

Joe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nevada June BS Thread