Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada June BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 04:27 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Evening folks!

Hope everyone had a great day!...STAY COOL !

Old 06-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Trying too, but the weather is not cooperating

Jim

Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruce - I wouldn't even begin to know what to build to do that. However, it is a good idea.

I'm going to call the unemployment office tomorrow morning and see what info they have for me. The bad thing is, you almost have to call them and enter your number into the queue and have them call you back. Generally takes a couple of hours or so.

However, I want to see what they suggest considering the situation. I asked my job and they don't have any desk work that I can do, so there isn't any "light duty" that I can do. So, I guess all I can do is see if they can either fire me or I get myself fired and go from there (depending on what unemployment says, of course). Now, the bad thing is, I've heard that even if my job fires me, but if they don't agree to pay unemployment, I can still be screwed if they don't agree to pay unemployment. Does anyone know if that's true?

That's one of the things I'll have to ask about tomorrow. I also have a couple of interviews this week for office jobs, so I have fingers, toes, arms and everything else crossed that one of those come through.

Supposedly our deposit from the last house was mailed out today so we should have it in a couple of days. That will at least pay my bills, but only if I get a job very soon or can start working at my current job again very soon (doesn't seem likely right now). If not, then I might have to look into selling some items that I realllllly don't want to sell. Unless unemployment can help me out.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:25 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Happy Hump Day Nevada

morning All !

Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Morning Nevada!

Well one more full day in SoCal and then I fly home tomorrow morning...I'm looking forward to it...these back to back weeks kill me!

Hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday...halfway to Saturday folks for most of us at least!

Joe.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:50 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
But it's a dry heat !!!

Good mornin Y'all out there on FTE-land have a safe and productive day, whatever you goal is !!!
It's now our HOT season !!! We will enjoy the high 90's til Saturday then we will be on a 100's streak till ??? This will be the first summer NOT riding around all day in an air conditioned Peterbilt But I do know of a pool that I can slip into at will.
Today I will be putting the finishing touches on my 98 Windstar E-fan install ... whew, just in time... that is, if I get my butt off this computer... so ... see ya Later stay cool Dave

Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Hump Day!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:44 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi everyone.

This is why I was so upset yesterday. It's always difficult when you lose a family friend.
This is a post from Katie's Facebook page (her 6 month old daughter has had numerous surgeries, a heart transplant & now was having complications).....

Please pray for Katie and her family. Rowan lost her fight this afternoon. Rest In Peace baby girl, we love you.

Katie's update:
Update #24 we waited for about three hours for an update. I spent time with jake playing trying to get my mind off of things cuz all I've been doing is crying when alone. They came out after an eternity and said that her tricuspid valve didn't look like it needed to be replaced after all. Very minor leaking. They were trying to wean her off ecmo but she was having difficulty. They said they usually try to be optimistic but she was having such a hard time. I hate statistics but had to ask. Dr. Carl shook his head and said less than 5 % survival. About ten minutes later dr Carl came in with two nurses and I could tell with the look on his face. He shook his head again and said that Rowan didn't make it. we have spent the last 4 hours rocking hugging kissing
Crying and making as many mementoes as possible. I had my same photographer come and take pics. Pics for me and Ryan my family, and a few special for jake to remember his sister by. My heart is broken but I know hers is whole again and her fight is over. I have a beautiful angel watching over me now. I know this with my birthday is 3/3 and hers is 12/12 and she passed at 3:12pm. It was her saying goodbye mommy I love you and thanks for being my
Mom. Thanks you Rowan for being such an inspiration to so many and I promise I will continue to fight and let your light shine on sweet one.

My sweet sparrow fly high
Your heart is whole and body healed as you make your journey to the sky
♥ mommy

Rest in Peace beautiful little angel!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:56 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Now that that is over with... let me start this post on a happier note!

Goodmorning all,

Happy Hump Day! It's gonna be a HOT one, so got out there & enjoy it!

I'll try to get pics in an album on my profile page later today from the drag races this weekend. I hope you all had a funfilled & safe weekend.

Have a great day & don't work too hard!

Oh...I almost forgot! For anyone interested, I will be working out at Thunderbowl Speedway(dirt trackin MoundHouse) on the 23rd. Come on out, bring your dirtbike/quad & have some fun! Hope to see you there!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Happy Wednesday Nevada FTE!

Donna, Nobody should ever have to lose a child That is by far the hardest thing in the world a parent has to deal with. I'll be praying for her family.

Jim

Old 06-13-2012, 01:29 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
I agree.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:35 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Me 3 also... prayers to her family !!!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:00 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Beast vs Nevada Rattler.wmv - YouTube

Hope this works! I've never tried to copy/paste a link to a video, so if it works...great - I'll post more links! Otherwise, I'll have to figure something out for posting the NHRA Drag Series.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:06 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Old 06-13-2012, 04:09 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Quick Reply: Nevada June BS Thread