Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada June BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning Nevada ! Happy Hump Day to All !

Old 06-06-2012, 07:44 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Morning Nevada!

Well I've got one more day out in SoCal and then I'm headed home to Indiana!...

It's been a productive week for me and I hope yours has been too!

Joe.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Hump Day!

Old 06-06-2012, 10:21 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by racerchick21
I'm still alive I swear! Hope everyone is doing well. Anyone coming out for Octane Fest this weekend? Thursday and Friday is the Ironman IMCA Modifed series race at Rattlesnake Raceway.

Donna we have passes for this weekend so probably see you there!
SWEET!
I was just thinking about you too! Are you going to be racing this weekend? I'll be working all weekend, so if you see me...flag me down & say hi! Hope to see you there!

Old 06-06-2012, 10:34 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Morning FTE'ers

Hope you have a Happy Humping Wednesday!

Old 06-06-2012, 10:57 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Talking Humping may start !!!

Hump day again folks, so git to humpin out there !!! Cool here again only 89 and no rain so it will be a dry hump day !!!
And to ALL in the FTE WORLD and honored guests have a safe and productive day !!! Dave

Old 06-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi gang. Have a woderful day of humping!

Have not been here much lately. Migraines make it hard to pursue my interests. Woke up OK today but it feels like it's coming back.

Off to was the truck. Cheers.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Happy Wednesday Nevada FTE! Hope everyone had a great day.

Jim

Old 06-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Dave, just noticed you have a Windstar. I know nothing about them but I have been wanting a van. [Which means little because I want a bunch of things, like an early Mustang for instance.]
Have you had it long? Would you reccomend one? I have not seen many recently, did they quit making them?

Old 06-06-2012, 11:42 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Talking Bruce is back

Hi Bruce, long time no post !!! My friend I wish I could help you with an up or down on Windstar quality... but all I have is the electric fans from a 98. They are going to be installed in my truck soon !!! I really wish I could help you with my evaluation of a Windstar. I didn't even see the van it came from, the JY had it on a rack waiting for me !!!! Good luck on your info search and if you choose one, I hope it serves you well for a L O N G time !!!
I noticed you were dealing with a migraine headache ... you have my sympathy cuz I have dealt with those damn things years ago !!! GET WELL SOON !!! Dave

Old 06-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

OK Dave, I misread your tag line. But thanks.

I know little about the Windstar and some of what I heard was not so good. But I have not heard enough to accept or reject. Now I am thinking that they are not making them any more and there is nothing out there that isn't a very high milage unit. Maybe I will look for a Toyota Sienna. They are pricey but have a great reputation. Who knows? My wife doesn't want me to get a minivan thinking it is soccermom image. I asked her who the hell cares. When you are over sixty that charge won't stick anyway.

Good night gang!

Old 06-07-2012, 05:05 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Good Thursday morning All!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:39 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Arrow Soccer ...NOT ...roomy traveler ..YES

My brother in the Chicago area just got a new Dodge/Chrysler minivan because his old 97 Dodge died (V6 got way overheated). His requirements were based on his hobby... flying remote control airplanes ... BIG ones !!! He wanted the stow and go seating (flat floor) to fit his 100" + wing spans, multiple planes and all the support stuff.
He said it was a pricey buy even if he didn't include the "kitchen sink" load of options !!!
He considered a crew cab truck but the cost was to high, MPG was too low, and wouldn't fit in the garage plus where the "toys" would go couldn't be totally weather proofed like the van provided.
His company provides a new car (Ford) every other year for work and personal use and the wife drives a nice Acura.
Good hunting for a new ride ... do you need a 4WD up there? I think a nice Mini-van would be a good all-around travel/daily driver for us "old folks" LOL !!! Dave

Old 06-07-2012, 08:58 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Bdox
OK Dave, I misread your tag line. But thanks.

I know little about the Windstar and some of what I heard was not so good. But I have not heard enough to accept or reject. Now I am thinking that they are not making them any more and there is nothing out there that isn't a very high milage unit. Maybe I will look for a Toyota Sienna. They are pricey but have a great reputation. Who knows? My wife doesn't want me to get a minivan thinking it is soccermom image. I asked her who the hell cares. When you are over sixty that charge won't stick anyway.

Good night gang!
Bruce,

Anything made by Toyota will outlast most other vehicles! I've heard nothing but great things about the Sienna, but there may be bad things about it I haven't heard. I used to own a 95 Toyota Previa before I traded it for my 4Runner. I regret getting rid of it! It was roomy, has a tow package, it's economical, great in the snow (all wheel drive), & was quick - 2.3 ltr engine, with EFI & a super charger! (NO ****!) It left Cammy's little Dodge Neon in the dust & she couldn't keep up. She was like..."What the hell? One second I'm right behind you & the next your gone!" I told her that the Super Charger kicked in. She was amazed! LOL!
I believe it's still down at Budget Auto for sale. The salesman (Rick) used to drive it regularly & almost bought it for himself, but he decided on a truck instead.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:14 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Hi everyone

Thank goodness it's Thursday! One more day to go before the weekend.

I'll be working the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Series/Jr. Dragster Divisional Friday, Saturday & Sunday at Top Gun! Anyone coming to watch or race? Spectators are $10! If so, flag me down & say Hi! I'll be hanging out in or near the ambulance. I'm hoping to camp out at the track all weekend, so unless Jimmy brings the 5th wheel out, I'll be roughing it in a tent & won't be on FTE until Monday sometime.

Also, tonight is another Silver Dollar Classic Cruise Night for anyone that wants to come! It's from 6-8pm at Bully's Sports Bar & Grill - N. Carson St.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Quick Reply: Nevada June BS Thread