Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Junior User

hamiltonfighter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hamiltonfighter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Tech folder format suggestion

I am a member of at least a dozen forums. I was wondering if we could try and clean up the tech folder and also try and get everyone to help add to it. I know we can't do much since this forum is just an off-shoot of a much larger forum, but something similar could be done to what is found on the focusfanatics site. This would help make things easier to look through for all of us.

Thoughts?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Posting Guru

TrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputation
It is really up to our moderators: Toreador_Diesel, Stewart_H. They take suggestions, but not sure they want to spend that much time on it, which I don't blame them. Most of what I have needed I have been able to search or just ask.

That forum has a great format though. Would love to see the X forum that way. Obviously there is not near as many X's as Focus's out there.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Junior User

hamiltonfighter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hamiltonfighter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't think it would take much time or effort. Just make section headings (which could be copied from the focus forum) and add thread links under them. Keep the thread locked and people would send links to the mods to decide if it should go up on the list. Links would not necessarily need to be from this site. The links just need to be EX related.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Posting Guru

TrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputation
You can build it here in "this" thread and then they can cut and paste it. If others like it, they can add to it as deemed necessary. Trust me... they are watching.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonfighter View Post
I don't think it would take much time or effort. Just make section headings (which could be copied from the focus forum) and add thread links under them. Keep the thread locked and people would send links to the mods to decide if it should go up on the list. Links would not necessarily need to be from this site. The links just need to be EX related.
Damn nice suggestion! I like that format, a lot!

But it does take a little bit more time to get the coding correct to make the links show that way when a person (me) isn't familiar with the formatting. I have my cheats already set up for when I do common answers, like my ELC coolant info thread.

It'll take me some time, but I do like the idea! Reps to you for the suggestion bro. I can't hit you today (already gave my 10 reps out), but tomorrow I'll send you some.

Also, just FYI, the tech folder will only link to Excursion Tech found here at FTE. I'm a firm believer in keeping things in-house if at all possible.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:11 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
I hit him for you Stewart. I had no idea you could or would make so many mods to a Focus. I'm sure our Excursion bretheren can come up with more than that - after all we have 4-6 more cylinders.

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 05-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Posting Guru

See... told ya they were watching... like hawks.

Stewart I am sure that if you post up a kind of template that you could get some help posting the info needed.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:36 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Oh I can do it, I'm just saying I don't know it like the back of my hand so I can't type it from memory, so it'll take a tad longer than someone who can just churn it out as fast as they can type.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Posting Guru

I would also rename as "Tech Folder and How To's"

Seems like that might draw more attention.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Posting Guru

Art has a good start on the 6.8L forum: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/89...ch-folder.html Now he just needs to organize it into the different groups.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdLtly View Post
Art has a good start on the 6.8L forum: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/89...ch-folder.html Now he just needs to organize it into the different groups.
I know, we (mods, SM's, and admin) have been discussing a better formatting procedure for the stickies and stuff.

Stewart
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Elder User

lovestrucks has a very good reputation on FTE.lovestrucks has a very good reputation on FTE.lovestrucks has a very good reputation on FTE.
I LOVE THIS IDEA......it'll definitely help with my slight OCD
89 5.0 GT Black Convertible (sleeper)-Dad's/Mine
Old 05-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Junior User

Engine Components and Performance Articles

Air Intakes

Gotts Mod – 5.4L
Zoodad Mod – V10 & Diesels

Engine and Powertrain Components

X
Old 05-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Junior User

Exterior Modifications and Articles

Exterior Body Components and Exterior Cosmetic Changes

X

Lighting System Changes and Cosmetic Lighting Modifications

X
Old 05-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Junior User

Interior Modifications and Articles

Electrical Related Modifications including ICE

Door Lock Actuator Replacement Procedure. By CUINAK

Non-Electrical Modifications

X
Old 05-30-2012, 06:01 PM