Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Offroad & 4x4
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Offroad & 4x4 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Post Fiend

alpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to all
its a 302 with E303 hyd roller, 1.6 roller rockers, Edelbrick performer and a 600cfm Edelbrick carb. Nothing really fancy but should be fairly reliable.

ibleedblue...your name is Jesse right? Regardless, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1C DiMaggio View Post
i wish i could afford thornbirds...plus they are too aggressive for my needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlene
It just gets me all hot & bothered when you tech talk. hahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.S. Thompson
Buy the ticket, take the ride
Old 05-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Post Fiend

kjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to behold
Looks good. I guess the brake line and coil bucket info we talked about worked out for ya. Oh, and nice looking steering links and track bar ya got there

Looks good. Now that is done, get to work on George! Next race at Mountainview is June 30, you got a place to crash here with the wife and kiddo!

Free Paul and Dan from random moderator oppression!!!

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 05-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Post Fiend

alpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to allalpha/omega is a name known to all
I used 79 buckets and ttb style brakes on my last SAS. Always thought this way was better and was pretty sure its what you did based on the alcoholic haze I call a memory.

Ive got to finish this truck, a 78 and a 79 before I can finish George. The way it seems I'll never race my own junk again. I would say I'm the new Cheeto but at least my build plans have remained the same albeit unfinished
Old 05-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Postmaster

77mud has a good reputation on FTE.77mud has a good reputation on FTE.77mud has a good reputation on FTE.
plus your making a profit and not just asking a profit then selling for pennies on the dolla!
77 F-150 BBF c6 205 9" rear 44 front 5.13's 38.5x15 Boggers rear 38.5x11.00 Boggers front
88 Comanche 4.0 HO engine few little tweeks on 35's
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Post Fiend

more pics

Paul took the bench seat out and we set the bucket seat and harness in there. I will be building brackets about 5-6" tall for them to mount to.

Click the image to open in full size.

Bolted up some "3.5 inch" add a leafs from JBG. I didnt do a before measurement but Id say it only lifted the truck 2" like all other add a leaf kits

Dear Paul, take a picture for me

Front receiver hitch behind the front bumper.

A class 4 receiver was cut and sleeved with 3 x 3 x .250 square tube with 8" of overlap and then bolted to the frame with some 2 x 3 x .375 angle.

Im going to build a little bracket at the end of a piece of 2x2 square tube to hold the license plate. Basically you would never know it was there until you took the plate off.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Post Fiend

captain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud of
Bumper's crooked :flip
Old 07-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Post Fiend

joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain p4 View Post
Bumper's crooked :flip
u must have hung it on there
Old 07-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Post Fiend

captain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud of
I'm not goin to tell you what ******* did to make it crooked.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Postmaster

77mud has a good reputation on FTE.77mud has a good reputation on FTE.77mud has a good reputation on FTE.
i seen Joe on a you tube vid he posted on FB...... he talkes exactly like he types.... very slow/stuttered and you couldn't understand a word of it
77 F-150 BBF c6 205 9" rear 44 front 5.13's 38.5x15 Boggers rear 38.5x11.00 Boggers front
88 Comanche 4.0 HO engine few little tweeks on 35's
Old 07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Post Fiend

Pics

Add a leafs

Passenger side done. We came back later and put the little clamps on.

Holley blue pump and regulator. 3/8" line from the tank to carb run on the passenger side frame rail.

Seats

MSD 6AL digital

I forgot to post this pic on the first page. The 73-79 radius arm bracket was cut and bolted to either side of the front body mount. The front most hole of the 73-79 bracket lines up perfectly with the rear most hole of the ttb radius arm bracket.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 09:13 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.
Hey, get one o them semi license plate holders n put it on the bumper. Than flip the plate up, n put the insert in. Just a idea.

Also, regulator mounted to the body?

Dave

2003 Excursion Limited, V10, 4.88s, 315/75R16s on 16x10s
100% posting from iPhone
Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Post Fiend

Thats a good idea Dave.

Yes the regulator is mounted to the firewall. I didnt want to put it on the inner fenders because they are plastic and 28 years old and likely to rip and my way looks cooler.

Besides, hes not going to be racing it at any real tech inspected tracks. Its just a multipurpose offroad toy.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Post Fiend

A quick google search found that most all of those flip down brackets are in the $50 range. I think i can build him something cheaper (material + labor)
Old 07-12-2012, 09:59 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.hav24wheel has a spectacular reputation.
Piano hinge!

I guess I've never really liked them mounted to the body. Always figured a way to mount them to the carb studs or intake.

Dave

2003 Excursion Limited, V10, 4.88s, 315/75R16s on 16x10s
100% posting from iPhone
Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Post Fiend

Thats where mine is on George.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Offroad & 4x4

Tags
:flip, arm, drunk, econoline, knuckle, pictures, rebuilt, steering, ton, truckscom