2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

2013 Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:14 PM
03 SVT VERT
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Expedition

Looks like it's basically a carry-over model from 2012. Kind of a shame, I was hoping to see one of the new engines.

2013 Expedition Overview

2013 Ford Expedition Offers Full-Size SUV Capabilities with Unexpected Comfort and Convenience
The 2013 Ford Expedition remains the do-it-all full-size SUV, with best-in-class towing of up to 9,200 pounds, a ride that belies its size thanks in part to independent multilink rear suspension, and an engine that is both powerful and fuel-efficient. With 10 equipment groups, Expedition offers a wide variety of comfort, convenience, capability and appearance options, as well as an extended-length version of each series.
Expedition highlights
  • Up to 20 mpg highway from the flex fuel-capable 5.4-liter V8 engine and six-speed automatic transmission
  • SYNC<sup>®</sup> system features USB or Bluetooth<sup>®</sup> connectivity and optional voice-activated navigation with HD Radio<sup>™</sup>
  • New 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels as well as dual-head restraint DVD system available on Limited and King Ranch
  • Standard trailer sway control, which uses selective braking and engine management to tame unwanted trailer movement
  • Integrated trailer brake controller available on XLT, standard on Limited and King Ranch
  • Ford’s leading safety and security features, including:
    • AdvanceTrac<sup>®</sup> with RSC<sup>®</sup> (Roll Stability Control<sup>™</sup>)
    • Safety Canopy<sup>®</sup> System side air curtain technology for all three rows
    • Dual-stage airbags for driver and front passenger
    • Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    • SOS Post-Crash Alert System<sup>™</sup>
    • MyKey<sup>®</sup> programmable vehicle key allows parental controls on driving speed
    • SecuriCode<sup>™</sup> keypad entry system

Old 05-29-2012, 09:04 PM
mtondreo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as much as I hate to say it - I am kind of glad since my 2011 is about 2 months old. This is setting me up pretty good for 5 years and then I will be able to get one of the newer engines as a hold over between years. I believe they are still going to be putting the ecoboost in the navi - so it will be interesting to see how it does. I am looking forward to see what they are going to be doing going forward with the Expys. I considered downsizing to a Flex or Explorer before I bought mine -but the mpg difference was not that big by the time I put the bigger engine in, and our boat does not get towed too often (and only 23') but I am more comfortable towing it an Expy when my family and others are with us. I am still convinced it is pretty much the perfect vehicle

Old 05-30-2012, 10:25 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03 SVT VERT
Looks like it's basically a carry-over model from 2012. Kind of a shame, I was hoping to see one of the new engines.

2013 Expedition Overview

2013 Ford Expedition Offers Full-Size SUV Capabilities with Unexpected Comfort and Convenience
The 2013 Ford Expedition remains the do-it-all full-size SUV, with best-in-class towing of up to 9,200 pounds, a ride that belies its size thanks in part to independent multilink rear suspension, and an engine that is both powerful and fuel-efficient. With 10 equipment groups, Expedition offers a wide variety of comfort, convenience, capability and appearance options, as well as an extended-length version of each series.
Expedition highlights
  • Up to 20 mpg highway from the flex fuel-capable 5.4-liter V8 engine and six-speed automatic transmission
  • SYNC<sup>®</sup> system features USB or Bluetooth<sup>®</sup> connectivity and optional voice-activated navigation with HD Radio<sup>™</sup>
  • New 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels as well as dual-head restraint DVD system available on Limited and King Ranch
  • Standard trailer sway control, which uses selective braking and engine management to tame unwanted trailer movement
  • Integrated trailer brake controller available on XLT, standard on Limited and King Ranch
  • Ford’s leading safety and security features, including:
    • AdvanceTrac<sup>®</sup> with RSC<sup>®</sup> (Roll Stability Control<sup>™</sup>)
    • Safety Canopy<sup>®</sup> System side air curtain technology for all three rows
    • Dual-stage airbags for driver and front passenger
    • Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    • SOS Post-Crash Alert System<sup>™</sup>
    • MyKey<sup>®</sup> programmable vehicle key allows parental controls on driving speed
    • SecuriCode<sup>™</sup> keypad entry system
Ford once again saved millions on re-tooling.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:09 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
I'll simply assume that there is a whole new Expy just over the horizon and Ford didn't want to spend any money re-configuring anything on the current body.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:34 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tseekins
I'll simply assume that there is a whole new Expy just over the horizon and Ford didn't want to spend any money re-configuring anything on the current body.
You could have said that from 2010 and on.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:38 PM
jcb206
More Turbo
Received 158 Likes on 111 Posts
And they wonder why sales are down. Everyone is waiting for the new powerplants and/or design. I can go out right now and buy a 2008/2009 that looks and drives almost identical to a 2013 for $20K+ less with a 5yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty included.

You are losing your customers Ford. People are looking to Chevy/GMC/Toyota for better powerplants. I know at least 5 people that want a new Expedition but want better engines and only two of those want less space. Get off your asses.

Next year they will say the large SUV market is dieing rapidly because 2013 sales are down more than 2012, more than 2011, and so forth. We can by the same damn vehicle a couple of years old for less. Thats why sales are down! Offer something new dammit. Looks like what I will be getting a used one too.

How many people traded in their 5.4 F150 for a 5.0, 6.2, or the Eocboost. A hell of a lot. Ding, ding, ding, helped sales didn't it.

Didn't offer the new engines for 2 whole model years because what? Too many left over 5.4l ones? Poor damn planning on your part. Way to pass the buck to your customers.

We all know the F-150 and Expedition will shrink in size for better fuel economy in the coming years, or disappear altogether in the Expeditions case. I want a dang EL and it wouldn't surprise me if they discontinued that first. Hell I want a 6.7l diesel Excursion but can't get a new one of those without paying a HUGE amount of $$$ for it.

The Expedition will hold the Ecoboost and 5.0l of course just give your customers the options. You have already lost many of your customers that need a 3/4 ton SUV to Chevy. How far will you let this go on?

Sorry for the rant guys. I love Ford. Have owned 8 Fords in the last 14 years. I just see Expedition sales going in the toilet because somebody up there wants to rid themselves of old inventory to save every penny while they drive their $250K sports car.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:49 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jcb206
And they wonder why sales are down. Everyone is waiting for the new powerplants and/or design. I can go out right now and buy a 2008/2009 that looks and drives almost identical to a 2013 for $20K+ less with a 5yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty included.

You are losing your customers Ford. People are looking to Chevy/GMC/Toyota for better powerplants. I know at least 5 people that want a new Expedition but want better engines and only two of those want less space. Get off your asses.

Next year they will say the large SUV market is dieing rapidly because 2013 sales are down more than 2012, more than 2011, and so forth. We can by the same damn vehicle a couple of years old for less. Thats why sales are down! Offer something new dammit. Looks like what I will be getting a used one too.

How many people traded in their 5.4 F150 for a 5.0, 6.2, or the Eocboost. A hell of a lot. Ding, ding, ding, helped sales didn't it.

Didn't offer the new engines for 2 whole model years because what? Too many left over 5.4l ones? Poor damn planning on your part. Way to pass the buck to your customers.

We all know the F-150 and Expedition will shrink in size for better fuel economy in the coming years, or disappear altogether in the Expeditions case. I want a dang EL and it wouldn't surprise me if they discontinued that first. Hell I want a 6.7l diesel Excursion but can't get a new one of those without paying a HUGE amount of $$$ for it.

The Expedition will hold the Ecoboost and 5.0l of course just give your customers the options. You have already lost many of your customers that need a 3/4 ton SUV to Chevy. How far will you let this go on?

Sorry for the rant guys. I love Ford. Have owned 8 Fords in the last 14 years. I just see Expedition sales going in the toilet because somebody up there wants to rid themselves of old inventory to save every penny while they drive their $250K sports car.
Well said.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:37 PM
mtondreo
Senior User
could not agree more. I was looking at semi-used 2011 rental returns initially. I ended up buying new (yes, it was more expensive) only because the new one had the options I wanted - and my last experience with a rental return was not a positive one. I was definitely waiting and also looked at other brands, but was able to part with mine for not much less than I bought it for after I put 3 years and 45k on it. Plus no longer needed 4x4 and wanted the 6-speed. I know I will not break that even again, that is why I opted to move forward with my purchase.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:06 AM
5.4T
Elder User
Since 07 to me they haven't changed and I sure hope the navigator comes with the eco boost that way I could buy me a navigator in a couple of years =D

Old 05-31-2012, 09:42 AM
07xpyebel
Junior User
I'm thinking of the new Lincoln MK T http://media.bzresults.net/assets/2867/24863.JPG

http://media.bzresults.net/assets/2867/24875.JPG

http://www.lincoln.com/resources/lin...suspension.jpg

All wheel drive with A 3.7 L Duratec V6 Engine 17 City 25 HWY regular gas
18" wheels with larger side wall tires
Increased service intervals
Engine Idle meter
Unique headlamps, low replacement cost
Factory remote start
Intelligent access with push button start
Easy Fuel ( No Fuel cap to lose)
Lincoln My Key
Blis with cross traffic alert
Hands free Navigation with an 8" touch screen sync

Old 05-31-2012, 11:08 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
I need a reliable 7 passenger vehicle with a bit of storage. Not many options for these.