Sponsored by: DP Tuner

RIMS -TEFLON COATED?

Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Diesel Submariner
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIMS -TEFLON COATED?

G'day Fellas,

I've been leaning toward 'Black Rims'. However the down side of 'Black' is keeping them clean ... or so I hear?
I was wondering if you or any other fellas have any knowledge how the 'Black Teflon' coated rims stand up?

It may make it easier to clean em up? But how long would the coating last if your scrubbing mud, grit and sand off them?
Some of those clay based muds stick like ****e to a blanket.

I've been looking at a set of the ATX AX188 Ledge - Black Teflon rims.

I'd like to hear anyones experiences with this Teflon Coating.

Cheers,
Reg

Ineptocracy
<O(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.<O></O>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<O></O>
Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: PHP FU2 6Pos on the Fly Chip, 6 x ISSPRO Promax Guages, Donaldson (AIS) Intake with Zoodad, Hutch'd n’ Harpoon'd, Cowl Hood, Billet Grill, AIH delete, DIY CCV & catch can, Straight Through 3½” Cummins muffler, MBRP Black Tip, RiffRaff FRx,ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com</st1:stockticker>OCR,HPx, JWVB, OME Suspension, Dual Tower shocks, Tough Dog <st1:stockticker itxtNodeId="1738" itxtHarvested="0">RTC</st1:stockticker> Steering Damper, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, V10 Tranny cooler in series with Stock Tranny cooler, BD Deep Pan, Extra Cooling rear diff cover, ARB HD Front Diff cover, ARB Bull Bar, Kymar Dual Spare Wheel carrier & Rear bumper, Edge Evo Dash Pod (used for PIDs/Codes only), Long Range Fuel Tank, OEM Style paint matched wheel arch flares, VMS in Dash <st1:stockticker itxtNodeId="1737" itxtHarvested="0">GPS</st1:stockticker> Street & Off Road Navigator, Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16” on 10” Rims. GVWR (GVM) Upgrade to 5,000kg(F350). <!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

Old 05-28-2012, 06:17 AM
hammer65
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't answer your question, but I wanted to say, What a beautiful place to live.
My wife and I were there a few years ago, and it was so, so, nice.
We still have friends that live nearby.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Diesel Submariner
Senior User
SOUTH AUSSIE

Originally Posted by hammer65
I can't answer your question, but I wanted to say, What a beautiful place to live.
My wife and I were there a few years ago, and it was so, so, nice.
We still have friends that live nearby.
G'day Hammer,

Glad to hear you liked the place. It sure is a top spot with an excellant climate. We had a farm on the other side of the Ranges for years near McLaren Vale in the Southern Vales wine district. We sold the farm about 5 years ago and moved down to Victor Harbor. We are on top of the ridge overlooking the islands and out over the Great southern Ocean.

I trust you sampled some of the wines from the district. Good boofy solid reds come out of the area.
If your heading out this way again, let me know and we'll have a couple of those good 'REDS' with you .

Cheers & Take care,
Reg.

“Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by and illogical and irrational minority, who hold forth the proposition that it, is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end”

<O---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<O</O
Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: PHP FU2 6 Pos’n Chip, 6 x ISSPRO Promax Guages, AIS Intake, Zoodad, Hutch'd n’ Harpoon'd, Cowl Hood, AIH Delete, DIY CCV, BTM muffler, MBRP 4” Black Tip, RiffRaff FRx,HPx,ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com</O>

Old 05-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Franko72
Molon Labe
I have no experience with teflon other than my fry pan, but I love the idea & would think they would be simple to keep clean.
I'll have to do some research on this.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:08 AM
hammer65
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did take the wine tour out of Melbourne, but alas I will probably never get to come back. But thank you for the invite.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:30 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
I have these in 20s. It looks like they are only available up to 18" now. They are super easy to clean. No big deal if they get mud on them as it just comes off with a hose. Scratching them isn't really a worry as long as you have them wet when you clean them.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:29 PM
JethroF250
Posting Guru
from my railcar experience teflon is, i think the word is imperviable?, to everything. like it can withstand acid. we use teflon in alot of valves for tank cars, about 97%, someof these are applied on nitric acid cars. cant really scratch it unles you really try to. as stated just wet them down good before washing. other than that salt, sand, mud, etc. shouldnt make one effect. i would say its worth it