Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Senior User

rocketman2440 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oil collection?

Where are you guys going to get oil? I am having a tough time finding a source, That doesn't already have a pickup service. I really don't need much, I would be fine with a few gallons a week. Any suggestions of where to go, or what restaurants to talk with?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:14 AM
Senior User

linus72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is a company in my area that has a true monopoly on all the grease at all the food joints...but those food joints are giving this company the oil for free?!

I have simply told the owners that I would give them $.25 a gallon and keep the area as clean as possible and most have been going for it

You can find some of the small Asian joints that only use like 8-10 4.5gal cubes a month and they will usually give it to you for free...I always tell them I will clean the area and keep it that way as most times it's like a hazardous waste dump with bacteria-filled gloop everywhere...plus the small joints usually have the cleanest oil too.

I have no problem paying .25-.50 a gallon as that's very cheap for a truck that weighs 5K and gets 15mpg on WVO!

I don't de-water because I don't go to the bottom of the can and watch for any obvious water, plus the dirty oil is usually see-through which means it shouldn't have too much in it anyway.

I then filter the oil through blue jeans, one leg inside the other so it's a double filter...I filter cold too so most trash stays solid.

I even have a couple places that still want to give their oil to the company but let me skim off the top- it's their choice who they give it to anyway and if you're just using it for personal use- say 30 gal a week, that's not alot of oil to gather.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Amatuer Restorer

gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.gfw1985 has a great reputation on FTE.
It won't get any easier. I remember when satelite TV feeds were free. We can't have people running around on free fuel. Article in local paper last week where theft of waste oil has become a real problem here. Won't be long before the business's will be required to dispose of to a licensed recycler only. Enjoy while you still can.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
california, collection, oil, sale, truck, trucks