1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The best spray on bed liner

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 08:51 AM
6.4stroker
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best spray on bed liner

I'm looking to redo my bed liner but there's a million different brands and prices. What brands have y'all used and abused

Old 05-27-2012, 09:23 AM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
I just had a Line X installed a month ago. They did a great job and it only took about 3 hours from start to finish. It was $485 and that was with the tailgate too.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:06 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
line x on two different trucks. Stands up great.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:13 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
got Rhino on my truck in Feb of 2005 after i bought my truck, its holding up great to the repeated topsoil, mulch, dirtbikes, atv, wood, etc over the years. It hasnt faded yet i wash it with SprayNine and a scrub brush. I will say this it statred to pop around the bed bolts for some reason and inoticed last week that a section under the bed rail is starting to peel when they stopped spraying it, some superglue was all the added to make it stick again?

Old 05-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Linne
Senior User
I have used U-Pol Raptor Liner that's easy to spray and it can take almost anything...

Old 05-27-2012, 08:05 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
If you're doing a clean install, Line-X is the best going. If you're replacing or repairing an old one, I'd use herculiner or rhino and try to patch it, but you could call a line-x installer and ask how they get rid the the old liner. Black RTV is a quick patch for a cracked or peeling section, I have bad luck with nails stuck in fence panels scratching all the way through.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
I had my Rhino Liner sprayed in my truck before I picked it up from the dealer, and after 4 yrs of abuse it still is holding up great.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:43 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Rhino is 1/4" thick on the floor and more rubbery. Line-x is thinner all around and is firmer/harder material. Either one is excellent for a bed of a truck. I never knew they couldpatch either one? I was told if a chunk gets ripped off, new Rhino will not stick to cured old Rhino??

Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 PM
droldsmorland
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Rhino hands down. Just used a dirt rake to rake out mulch from the bed. Cant see any evidence of that.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM
KES08
Senior User
I've used herculiner before and it was ok but did not hold up to sun damage. I have a Rhino liner in my new truck and it is much better. One thing I have noticed with any liner is that being black they are very prone to fading and UV damage if left exposed. I keep a tonnea cover on mine now and it is holding up much better.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:02 AM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

My current SD has Line-X...and it has been GREAT! My new 2012 SD...will get Line-X too...

biz

Old 05-28-2012, 12:09 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by droldsmorland
Rhino hands down. Just used a dirt rake to rake out mulch from the bed. Cant see any evidence of that.
i do the same thing, shovel and rake dirt, mulch out of my bed and the Rhino still looks brand spankin new. I wont throw a 50lb chunk of steel in the bed though, it will still bend and dent the floor......

Old 05-28-2012, 12:22 AM
wizardsr
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another vote for LineX. I had my 05 done when new and it's holding up pretty well. It has a few good blems from getting whacked by bobcat attachments, careless handling of chain binders, sheets of plywood, etc. I've had it patched before and need to have it patched in a few areas again, but compared to a drop in, it's far superior. Hurculiner is an OK DIY liner, but won't hold up like LineX. I've used hurculiner a lot for a home-made trailer, flatbed, plow mounts, bumpers, bottom of the doors, etc and it works good for those applications where it just doesn't make sense to pay the premium for LineX. I've also used the duplicolor spray can stuff on the bumper and grille guard of my F550, and it's holding up well (they were sandblasted and primed first), but have also used it on a few other things and it didn't last much longer than rust-oleum would have (prep is the key).

Here's a pic of the F550 with the duplicolor spray-on on the grille guard and bumper and hurculiner on the rockers, door sills, and bottom of the doors, taken right after putting the hurculiner on. The door sills being a fairly high wear area getting in and out and subject to all the road spray and rocks off the front tires, I applied the herculiner all the way up to the bottom gasket inside the door opening. The herculiner worked so well for this I'm doing it on 2 more trucks this summer. But for a truck bed, I'd still do LineX over herculiner.

Also, a pic of the F350 Flatbed. We built this bed ourselves and coated all the steel for the flatbed, rear bumper, mud flap brackets, and hitch with hurculiner. It looks more gray as it fades in the sun, but it seems to hold up fairly well.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:16 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
A general question...
how much weight does a liner add to your rear axle weight ? 50 lbs? 100 lbs ?????

Since I have a 5th wheel hitch and a tonno-pro cover it's not like it's not protected from the elements, but considering a spray in just the same...just don't want to eat into my payload

Old 05-28-2012, 01:55 PM
wizardsr
More Turbo
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
A general question...
how much weight does a liner add to your rear axle weight ? 50 lbs? 100 lbs ?????

Since I have a 5th wheel hitch and a tonno-pro cover it's not like it's not protected from the elements, but considering a spray in just the same...just don't want to eat into my payload
A can of herculiner (enough to do a short bed) can't be but 20lbs. Don't forget though, you'll remove a little weight when you scuff the paint to prep it, so a can of herculiner really only adds about 18.6927631 lbs.

That reminds me, I need to clean the pop cans and extra glass clippings out of my bed, they're eating into my payload...

Quick Reply: The best spray on bed liner