Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Lightning Vs. Supra

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 01:29 PM
jDD
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning Vs. Supra

Hey whats up? 1st post Anyway. I raced a red Lightning the other night. I don't know too much about these trucks, but a friend of mine had one when they first were available and i got a ride in it. BAD... TRUCKS! Thats all i have to say about that.

Anyway, i had the chance to race on the other night. Me and him played around on the road for a little bit, then we decided we would go hit up a local traffic light. So we did.

I dont know if he was stock or not. He had 2 guages on his a-pillar. Are those stock? He did a slight burn out before we raced. I didnt.

Im BPU + intercooler, + Cam gears +, + clutch & flywheel. Haven't dynoed yet, so i can't give you any figures yet.

Well the light turned green and we were off. I can launch the car pretty well with the clutch i have, so he didn't really jump away from me like i had originally intended. Off the line i was about at his rear tires and sticking. Pulled to the front of his car by the end of 2nd gear. At the end of third gear, he was maybe half a car behind me, and i went into 4th and it was over. I kept going, split traffic up ahead *not a smart move* and continued on. I was waiting for him to come up but i think he was stopped by another traffic light. He seemed like a pretty cool guy. Maybe i will see him out at the track again some day and we can go again

Nice trucks

Last edited by Carlene; 05-05-2003 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:56 PM
4X4_MAYHEM
New User
Lightning Vs. Supra

was it a new 'charged model....those thing kick .....

JC

Last edited by Carlene; 05-05-2003 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:38 PM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 335 Likes on 203 Posts
Lightning Vs. Supra

Yeah, before we believe that...., you're going to have to give us some more details on your car. What year? Turbo? Supercharger? Auto? Manual? Cause I used to have a Z28 (which isn't as fast as a Lightning) and I walked off and left all the Toyotas I ever saw. So if you have some special edition, then that is different. Just let us know what kind of car you are talking about here.....

Last edited by Carlene; 05-06-2003 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:32 PM
4X4_MAYHEM
New User
Lightning Vs. Supra

there is no way a stock L can beat a stock supra (as in the twin turbo model) however they are around 45 grand...or were...so what you got? give me some specifics.....i got a desktop dyno and its pretty darn acurate.....ill give you a range of HP. but WX i had a 65 chevy PU with a 454 BB and the ricers would eat me up all the time....(until i dropped a grand and got a rear subframe and put 17s under there with a posi tract...so he may not be lyin..

JC

Old 05-06-2003, 09:24 AM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 335 Likes on 203 Posts
Lightning Vs. Supra

Well, my friend in college had a new Supra..it was a black one. This hasn't been that long ago. And it was not very impressive. Fast...but not as fast as a domestic V8. So I think the twin turbo models that are $45K must be special models. So then you get into one of those things where you are comparing apples to oranges. Will a $45K car beat a $35K truck? I sure hope so. Will a Corvette beat a Mustang GT? Of course...but neither race is fair because we are comparing two totally different price ranges.

If this guy wants to be fair...let him race his rice against a 2003 Corvette Z06. That is the same price range and would be a fair contest therefore. And I guarantee I know what the outcome of that race would be.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Mango
New User
Lightning Vs. Supra

Oh yea, Street racing. Ya kill anyone yet!

Last edited by Carlene; 05-06-2003 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:02 PM
TURBO
Junior User
Lightning Vs. Supra

WXboy,
A Twin turbo Supra is a mid 13 second car in stock form, and they respond EXTREMELY well to mods. If you pull up next to one at a light you would not know if it was stock of 1000 horsepower. My brother has a heavily moded Buick Grand National and Supras are pretty much the only car he's afraid of on the street. With the mod's he has listed his it's probably a mid-low 12 second car. I don't doubt for a second that he could beat a stock Lightening. I am by no means a fan of rice burners, but the Supra is one I definitly wouldn't mind having. Poke around online and you'll be able to find what these cars are capable of with a few mods.
I found these specifications on a stock 97
www.fast-autos.net/toyota/97toyotasupra.html

Last edited by TURBO; 05-06-2003 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Red_EB_Bronco
Senior User
Lightning Vs. Supra

poke around a little more too see what our DOMESTIC cars can do with a little mods...

I hate when people compare a heavily moded vehicle to another car which is completly stock... for example " whoa man check out my new twin Jz engine with my 1500 hp and lets race a stock mustang (what a peice of craftsmanship that mustang is)

put just as much money into a STANG and you will definatly get double the output all you ricers out there

LOL... Rice LOL...

Last edited by Carlene; 05-06-2003 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Red_EB_Bronco
Senior User
Lightning Vs. Supra

Carlene, when you edited my post I hope you didn't think that was my opinion on the Stang. That was supposed to be the point view from the ricers.

I ment it in a sarcastic way.

I love my fords!

Old 05-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Red_EB_Bronco
Senior User
Lightning Vs. Supra

look at my new post about ricers I think you all will get a kick out of this,

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...hreadid=116808

Old 05-06-2003, 10:25 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Lightning Vs. Supra

Hey Red - If you notice, I was just kinda going thru cleaning up the entire thread. I could tell by your previous posts that your comments were a just a joke. I kind of thought my change was a much better replacement. Now the joke is just between the two of us. Let the rest suffer in wonder!!

Hey guys, keep it totally clean and no personal attacks as per the guidelines and you'll make my job easier.

Thanks.

Old 05-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Serpent30
Freshman User
Lightning Vs. Supra

The Supra would eat the lightning for breakfast every day and still run 200,000 miles. Even while that Lightning is sitting in the junkyard the Supra would still be going strong.
Ive owned both Fords and Toyotas and let me tell you, the Toyota will outlast the Ford 2 to 1 (parts for the Toyota might cost more but you get what you pay for).

Old 05-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lightning Vs. Supra

A couple weeks ago some guy in a supra was racing a guy in a camaro. They ran through a red light at a busy intersection. They both hit an F-350 crew cab long box truck that had about a 6" lift on it and mud boggers. They guy in the truck walked away, so did the supra driver who kinda went under the truck but not quite. The guy in the camaro was seriously injured after he hit the brakes and the car slid sideways into the truck at 60+ mph. The supras are fast and they must have just started because the supra was only a length in front of the camaro.

Old 05-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Monster 78 F-150 4X4
Elder User
Lightning Vs. Supra

morons.

Going fast on the street is very stupid you shoud go to the track and pay the $15 to race. They'll learn when they kill some one, end up in jail, and be walkin every where. Also what makes me mad is watching people drifting on the street (going around corners completly sideways at like 60 mph) ive seen kids put cars in diches an end up on sidewalks tryin to do this. A kid I know learned the hard way he was cought racing doing about 130mph in a 45mph and now he gets to ride the bus to school, or walk everywhere for the next 4 years, and sell his hoped up Z24 cavelier to pay the fines. It might look cool on the Slow and the Lame (a good name for fast and furious) but it aint. Stay legal, stay safe and go to the track.

Old 05-24-2003, 01:58 PM
Logical Heritic
Posting Guru
Lightning Vs. Supra

I love supras. I keep my eye out for the turbos. They are fast right out of the box. But for the money it costs to build it to 1000hp. You could do alot more with a big block. But 1000 is a big #. If we were talking 500hp. Id take the supra over the big block.

Quick Reply: Lightning Vs. Supra