Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
Michelin HydroEdge, don't do it!

Let me tell you something to save you some misery. I replaced the original Continental tires at 58K with the P215/65R15 95T Michelin HydroEdge. These are the most awesome tires in ANY amount of rain that I have ever had. They are also the most annoying, maddening, noisy tires I have ever had when it comes to interior noise in this van. I spend 8-10 hours a day at highway speeds in this thing and the roar roar roar is driving me MAD! Sounds like a bad wheel bearing, which I thought it was initially. It went to the dealership twice with no improvement. Two rear wheel bearings, which made no difference (and that I questioned the necessity for, especially after I requested the old parts that they didn't save for me) at a cost of over $375 EACH plus labor changed nothing. DO NOT put these tires on your TC. I have 97K on the van now and the tires show minimal wear so I'm buying some foam insulation in the can and filling every cavity I can find. The $900 poly-liner kit may help but that's a ridiculous price for what little there is to it. Hope that this helps someone else is all I can say.
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 05-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Posting Guru

Aftrmidnite is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Get a Four Wheel alignment, and the tires will quiet down. Get an alignment shop that will "Zero" in the alignment, not just get it into spec. range. Also are your tires rotating in the right direction??
Old 05-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
It's had 2 four wheel alignments at the Ford dealership for what that's worth. Yeah ....... tires are operating in the correct direction. Going somewhere else next week for servicing and I'll see what their alignment shows. I'll be reporting back.
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 05-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Senior User

Van Diemen is starting off with a positive reputation.
Let us know how you make out. I've got 13k on the TC and the Conti's are wearing and riding well. We have the Michelin HydroEgdes on the Toyota Sienna with no issues.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:50 PM