Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Posting Guru

golfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by senix View Post
I solved the chuck problem with a trip to home depot.
Maybe I should've went across the street to Home Depot!
2012 Sandpiper 365 SAQ weighing in at 15k
Old 05-25-2012, 04:30 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
Maybe I should've went across the street to Home Depot!
I have several different chucks all modified with quick disconnects. Switching is a breeze both for the truck or in the shop.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 07-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Freshman User

obiwan kenobi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gave you some positive rep, I know the idea wasn't yours but you your work here and thanks to you I was able to make the same install on mine this weekend. Now the hard part, plumbing and wiring the thing.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Posting Guru

golfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan kenobi View Post
Gave you some positive rep, I know the idea wasn't yours but you your work here and thanks to you I was able to make the same install on mine this weekend. Now the hard part, plumbing and wiring the thing.
Thanks for the reps! I've always wanted on board air. With the 5er and air bags, it gave me the perfect opportunity to do it. Absolutely my favorite mod. Good luck on your wiring, not really that hard.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Postmaster

StanleyZ is a name known to allStanleyZ is a name known to allStanleyZ is a name known to allStanleyZ is a name known to allStanleyZ is a name known to allStanleyZ is a name known to all
That's a great looking install. You will love the convience. I had a similar set up on my 7.3. I also bought a piece of sheet metal and a couple bracketts and fashioned a cover under the tank and pump to keep them relatively dry on rainy days. It protected everything quite well. Would also keep the slush off if you live in that kind of area.

GONE NOW:2008 DRW CC deleted and tuned. Bullet proofed motor and built transmission, totaled by a drunk old woman. I miss it. 2001 F250 4X4, loaded with stuff and a great truck but my big 5er was just too much to handle for her.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Posting Guru

Thank you. With us being here in GA, you well know the type of 'slush' we get. I have been thinking about putting a splash guard of some sort on it to keep the ice and salt from directly hitting it. I really didn't want to do a complete enclosure like some have done due to getting a 100% duty cycle compressor and worrying about the heat build up. So yeah, I'll need something.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Posting Guru

jasfaa is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great Idea. I have been looking for rubber covers for mine for months. I have seen them on work trucks, just didnt now where to get them. Thanks golfmedik

Quote:
I've had a constant air leak since the system was installed and it was the air chuck every time. I've bought 3 different chucks(all made in Ch**a)
It fits REALLY WELL, so don't push it on all the way, or you will be prying to pull it off. No cold weather, so I don't how it will react as far as contracting. It is rubber so who knows.
Past Vehicle
2004 F350 Crew Cab Long Bed 6.0L
Banks 4" Monster Exhaust w/Six Gun
Old 09-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Junior User

DaveNTx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello,

I just bought the Viair 10007 kit and will follow your installation arrangement also. How many holes did you drill on the frame to mount the compressor bracket?

Thanx for any feedback.
Air Lift 5000 Ultimate springs
Bak Flip F1
Puma 30KFB TT
Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNTx View Post
Hello,

I just bought the Viair 10007 kit and will follow your installation arrangement also. How many holes did you drill on the frame to mount the compressor bracket?

Thanx for any feedback.
I drilled 4 small holes if I recall correctly. Although I think one of them may have already been there. Can't remember, but I did use grade 8 bolts with Loctite and they are still tight.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Junior User

Thanks Monty, the compressor kit should arrive next week and I'll be collecting parts and pieces for the installation.
Bak Flip F1
Puma 30KFB TT
Old 09-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Junior User

Air tank pressure gauge light wiring

Quote:
All wired into the 30 amp Upfitter #1 switch which controls the system. I left the 30 amp inline fuse from Firestone under the dash near where I joined the Upfitter as a safety.
Hi Monty,

OK - I've got the Viair tank & 450C compressor mounted under the truck (2013 F250, 6.2L) and am getting ready to hook up the wiring - did you connect the Viair tank pressure gauge light wire to the upfitter switch too?
Bak Flip F1
Puma 30KFB TT
Old 09-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNTx View Post
Hi Monty,

OK - I've got the Viair tank & 450C compressor mounted under the truck (2013 F250, 6.2L) and am getting ready to hook up the wiring - did you connect the Viair tank pressure gauge light wire to the upfitter switch too?
I never did hook up the gauge lights. However had planned to do it like you said. I have two gauges, one Viair gauge and one Firestone one. Was thinking about hooking the two together like that. To be honest, just hasn't taken the 5 minutes to do it.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:57 PM
New User

BulletsForFingers is starting off with a positive reputation.
How did you mount your compressor to the boxed frame? I can't figure how you'd get nuts on the bolt since the frame is boxed.

Also, how is it holding up?
Old 07-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Elder User

GHeTTo JOe is starting off with a positive reputation.
the kits i have seen have two brackets that are on either side of the frame and have bolts holding them together on the top and bottom of the frame.

SOLD
1994 F-250 Super Cab 4x4 E4OD 7.3L Ford Turbo IDI Banks 2.5" DP. Hypermax cowl air induction system. 193,000miles Straight Pipe. New Front Spring Shackles! Trip Gauge A Pillar Pod
Old 07-15-2014, 02:15 PM
New User

BulletsForFingers is starting off with a positive reputation.
Got any pics of that? I get the brackets for the tank, but he's mounted that compressor right on the side of the frame.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:15 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
10007, 2008, compressor, f250, install, installation, installing, painting, powered, stroke, superduty, toolbox, vbulletin, viair, walls