1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't Waste Your Money on a King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 11:02 PM
MrAgent007
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KR Leather

Originally Posted by jfjohn77
I bought a 2012 F250 4X4 KR 6.2L a few weeks ago to replace my 2005 F350 4X4 KR "POS" 6.0L. I love the truck and it will do all I ask of it, but the King Ranch leather is just a Lariat with an expensive "Brand". This stuff will not hold up! The original (read old) King Ranch package leather was heavy saddle leather, this stuff is glove leather. Now if that's what you want, if you treat you truck like a Mercedes, go for it. But if you use your truck like a Truck, I think you may be disappointed. My truck just flipped 7000 miles and there is an obvious crease developing in the drivers seat from getting into the truck (I weigh 170 lbs.), and the dye has worn off the crease. Saturday morning I carried a box to town in the back seat that left a couple of indention's on the top of the rear seat. Three days later they are still there with no apparent sign of going away. Now this box might have weighed ten pounds. I am very disappointed in the quality of these seats, they are nothing like my previous King Ranch trucks.
Interesting post john77 and I appreciate your insight. I purchased a new 2012 F 350 XLT dually back in December and have now decided to purchase a new 2012 F 350 Lariat Ultimate SRW which I will be picking up this upcoming Tuesday. I did not like the XLT cloth seats and interior and wanted to get the KR for the leather interior. My dealer advised me of the same KR leather wear issues you just referenced and strongly encouraged me to get the Lariat Ultimate. I also dislike the two tone KR exterior and painted bumpers. I respect the dealers opinion based on their experience since this Texas Ford dealer is the highest Ford truck volume dealer in the Country and I believe the only one that offers a lifetime powertrain warranty at no cost. So I will be heading down to Vernon, TX from Philadelphia over the weekend. I am glad now that I did not get the KR. Thanks again for your insight.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:11 PM
MrAgent007
Senior User
KR Leaher

Originally Posted by 2ndStroke
I've actually driven both and I'm pretty sure the kr leather feels different then the cheap crap in the Lariats. The kr leather looks way better when it wears.
Looks like from the many posts and leather wear experience on here that the "cheap crap" leather seats are in the KR trucks! There is no reference to inferior leather wear involving the lariat seats.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:51 AM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by MrAgent007
Looks like from the many posts and leather wear experience on here that the "cheap crap" leather seats are in the KR trucks! There is no reference to inferior leather wear involving the lariat seats.
Doesn't the "experience" on here says kr leather is dyed lariat leather?

Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 AM
MrAgent007
Senior User
KR Leather

Doesn't the "experience" on here says kr leather is dyed lariat leather?
Thanks for your response and for clarifying that there are Ford trucks "In Addition To" the King Ranch models that are equipped with "cheap crap" leather seats.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:12 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Thanks for your response and for clarifying that there are Ford trucks "In Addition To" the King Ranch models that are equipped with "cheap crap" leather seats.
You must have gotten alot of gold stars in school

#1 I said kr leather feels different, never stated that it was any different or stated that it wasn't cheap itself. If you think Ford leather has gotten cheaper over the years, no matter what model then thats your own delusion.

#2 From owning a kr for 8 months yes,I can say that it looks better when it wears, all the scratches and nicks turn darker and it starts to look like the 08 kr leather

Now Mr. cloth seat experience, you bore me, one gold star for you. Bye bye.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:32 PM
MrAgent007
Senior User
KR Leather

You must have gotten alot of gold stars in school

#1 I said kr leather feels different, never stated that it was any different or stated that it wasn't cheap itself. If you think Ford leather has gotten cheaper over the years, no matter what model then thats your own delusion.

#2 From owning a kr for 8 months yes,I can say that it looks better when it wears, all the scratches and nicks turn darker and it starts to look like the 08 kr leather

Now Mr. cloth seat experience, you bore me, one gold star for you. Bye bye.
Hello 2ndstroke my little buddy, the name is MrAgent007 and not Mr. cloth experience, however, you can call me Sir! Did you write your response yourself or did you have help? Sounds like you are very sensitive to KR leather being criticized. Perhaps your skin is not as thick as the thinner current generation KR leather. You must feel terrible seeing reviews from KR owners indicating that the seat leather durability and quality is on par or perhaps a lower standard to Lariat model leather. If you can't handle reading posts regarding criticism of KR leather, perhaps it is time to view a different forum.

You must not be to bored because you seem to be paying keen attention to these posts. I will have my 2012 F 350 Lariat Ultimate Package truck in Philadelphia next week and you are welcome to stop by and try out the premier leather seats. So good bye to you my little buddy! Have a great day and memorial holiday weekend. Take care!

Old 05-25-2012, 01:22 AM
CountryAggie
Junior User
Hello 2ndstroke my little buddy, the name is MrAgent007 and not Mr. cloth experience, however, you can call me Sir! Did you write your response yourself or did you have help? Sounds like you are very sensitive to KR leather being criticized. Perhaps your skin is not as thick as the thinner current generation KR leather. You must feel terrible seeing reviews from KR owners indicating that the seat leather durability and quality is on par or perhaps a lower standard to Lariat model leather. If you can't handle reading posts regarding criticism of KR leather, perhaps it is time to view a different forum.

You must not be to bored because you seem to be paying keen attention to these posts. I will have my 2012 F 350 Lariat Ultimate Package truck in Philadelphia next week and you are welcome to stop by and try out the premier leather seats. So good bye to you my little buddy! Have a great day and memorial holiday weekend. Take care!

Can we stop this petty bickering? Yes there are about 3 generations of KR leather now. The Castano (2003-2007) is very durable and thick and is sometimes not comfortable on long trips because it is so stiff. The Chapparal (2008-2010) is less stiff but still rather thick and durable as long as the owner takes care of the leather and uses a quality leather conditioner. I just used some on mine today and it looks better than new. The third generation (I think they are still calling it Chapparal) is much thinner to allow for the air conditioned seats. I do not believer they are lesser quality than the lariat, they are just different and still require maintenance. I do not know if you have spent any sort of time in and KR trucks (anyone on this thread, I'm not pointing fingers at one person), but I have gone on several long trips in my best friends '06 KR 6.0, I own a '08 KR 6.4, and a coworker just but a '12 KR 6.7.

As far as calling 2ndStroke out for watching forums... don't you get emails when there are posts to threads you have posted on?!? And you seem to reply just as fast...

Anyhow, if you need to justify your purchase, go ahead. I will stick with my '08 KR leather. (However, I will say I am not impressed by the new KR leather, but that doesn't make it inferior).

On a final note...
Happy Memorial Day. Thanks to all the men and women serving and sacrificing in the armed forces fighting to protect my beliefs and freedoms.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:25 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Time to cool things off guys. Feel free to express your opinions but let's leave the petty bickering and name calling out of this.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:44 AM
onebadv2
Mountain Pass

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's to those of us who have the ultimate seating surface......vinyl!

Old 05-25-2012, 05:45 AM
rjfetz1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by onebadv2
Here's to those of us who have the ultimate seating surface......vinyl!
Hey, don't forget my cloth!!!

Old 05-25-2012, 06:21 AM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
You'd think this was a V10 vs PSD thread!

Old 05-25-2012, 02:20 PM
F250CCowner
Senior User
Other then the ability to wipe off spills easily leather seats generally do not hold up as well over time as cloth seats. You have to realize they were once living flesh and unless you clean and moisturize them often they will wear faster then engineered cloth. My father and uncle owned Custom Upholstery and Interiors in So Cal for many years and I worked there for about 5 of them. I tell you this with no bias personally just fact and experience.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:39 PM
MrAgent007
Senior User
KR Leather

Originally Posted by powerstroke72
Time to cool things off guys. Feel free to express your opinions but let's leave the petty bickering and name calling out of this.
I totally Agree!

Old 05-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
Gotta love the spirit of debate, even when it shows up in a surprising place. Leather, who'd a thunk?

P.s. Gassers ARE better than diesels hahaha.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:39 AM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,483 Likes on 1,297 Posts
What happened to the Super Duty crowd seems to be a lot of over sensitivity going on lately . Stay out of the free koolaid let the Prius owners drink it.

Quick Reply: Don't Waste Your Money on a King Ranch