Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Senior User

Diesel Submariner is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
DIESEL GRADES

G'day Fellas,
I stuck this on the main 99-03 Forum on this site.
Thought I'd better put it here as well seeing I'm talkin' about the Diesel we have over here.
Anyone?

What is the take on these so called "ULTRA GRADE" Diesel fuels as to the "STANDARD GRADE" diesel fuels. (eg: BP Ultima Diesel to name but one).

You hear wild claims of better MPG, cleaner burning, longer life on injectors Blah..blah..blah.

Off course the only obvious downside is the price, but is there any upside at all to these fuels in way of performance and better MPG?

Has anyone done any tests on these diesel fuels on our trucks?
Are they even suited to our 7.3ltr truck diesels or more suited to the higher tech modern diesels??

Cheers,
Reg

Ineptocracy fficeffice" /><O></O>
(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.<O></O>

---------------------------
Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: PHP FU2 6Pos on the Fly Chip, 6 x ISSPRO Promax Guages, Donaldson (AIS) Intake with Zoodad, Hutch'd n’ Harpoon'd, Cowl Hood, Billet Grill, AIH delete, DIY CCV & catch can, Straight Through 3˝” Cummins muffler, MBRP Black Tip, RiffRaff FRx,OCR,HPx, JWVB, OME Suspension, Dual Tower shocks, Tough Dog RTC Steering Damper, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, V10 Tranny cooler in series with Stock Tranny cooler, BD Deep Pan, Extra Cooling rear diff cover, ARB HD Front Diff cover, ARB Bull Bar, Kymar Dual Spare Wheel carrier & Rear bumper, Edge Evo Dash Pod (used for PIDs/Codes only), Long Range Fuel Tank, OEM Style paint matched wheel arch flares, VMS in Dash GPS Street & Off Road Navigator, Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16” on 10” Rims. GVWR (GVM) Upgrade to 5,000kg(F350).
<!-- / message --><!-- controls -->Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
I tell you what I think of it... BS.

The fuel (I have seen test results of it) is technically better... the only thing that will benefit the 7.3 is the slightly higher cetane rating. The other things like lower sulphur levels and other reduced impurities the 7.3l fuel system doesn't have the high pressure fuel system to worry about.
I genuinely would be surprised if you could record any notable improvement in MPG's or performance.

Its all just marketing. I would save your money, and get a good fuel additive - particularly if you live in a humid area.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:19 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter

Tags
card, connection, diesel, discount, grades, powered, regional, rtc, transit, vbulletin