Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Senior User

05 f250 6 inch lift is starting off with a positive reputation.
fog lights not working. need help???

i cant seem to get my fog lights to work. i checked am both bulbs are good. i did pull out the headlight switch. i checked fuse 43 an its good. i popped dash out an checked wires to headlight switch an found the wire for the fog lights,yellow wire on my 05. its getting power when i pull the headlight switch out to turn on fog lights. pulled plugs of of fog lights an getting no power to them.

they use to work. i put in some HID headlights an they still worked. then i put some led's in my instrument cluster an sometimes they would work an sometimes not. now they wont come on at all.

thanks for any an all help.
05 F250 CC SWB MBRP 4" turbo back,no kitty,ARP Studs,BPD EGR cooler,IPR oil cooler,Blue spring,All other motor upgrades done,6" Fabtech lift,18x10 Pro Comp Xtreme rims,37x13.5x18 Pro Comp Xtreme tires,Alpine 7' touchscreen,4 10" Kicker subs,1000 watt Hifonics amp
Old 05-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Posting Guru

VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.
Both not working? How do you know both HID lights are still good? Do you have a spare HID light or a spare ballast to check?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:07 AM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
If you are getting power to the bulbs, but no light from them, then it kinda / hasta be the bulb(s) doesn't it?
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 05-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Senior User

It has factory bulbs in it now. It's getting no Power to the bulbs. I don't have the HID kit in it yet.
05 F250 CC SWB MBRP 4" turbo back,no kitty,ARP Studs,BPD EGR cooler,IPR oil cooler,Blue spring,All other motor upgrades done,6" Fabtech lift,18x10 Pro Comp Xtreme rims,37x13.5x18 Pro Comp Xtreme tires,Alpine 7' touchscreen,4 10" Kicker subs,1000 watt Hifonics amp
Old 05-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Posting Guru

VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.
The ignition has to be on for the fog lights to be on.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Senior User

Had the truck runnin bc I was tryin the hi idle mod I had just done to make sure it was workin correctly.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Ok I may have an answer
You installed an LED light in the high beam indicator I would bet.
I was reading somewhere that:
The fog lights use the ground though the high bean
indicator bulb so that when you have 12V (high bean on) the relay for the
for lights does not have a ground and drops out. If you used LEDs in the dash
lights the LED diode will only power to flow one way like a check valve.
You may be able to switch the way the LED is installed and that may work or not.
Your just going to have to try.
Let us know what you find.
Sean
P.S. I could always be wrong
Old 05-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Post Fiend

BLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
Ok I may have an answer
You installed an LED light in the high beam indicator I would bet.
I was reading somewhere that:
The fog lights use the ground though the high bean
indicator bulb so that when you have 12V (high bean on) the relay for the
for lights does not have a ground and drops out. If you used LEDs in the dash
lights the LED diode will only power to flow one way like a check valve.
You may be able to switch the way the LED is installed and that may work or not.
Your just going to have to try.
Let us know what you find.
Sean
P.S. I could always be wrong

This how my 03 is^^^^^^^^

When High Beam headlights are on the Fog Lamps wont come on

But when I switch to Low Beam Headlights the Fog Lights will work
2003 6.0, 4X4 srw, short box, born on 3/28/03 Moog ball joints,DC POWER 190A ALT Duralast Goldtop batterys 10/7/2012,RECON LED SMOKE MIRROR LENS,4 inch turbo back magnaflo exhaust,no kitty, 6 in. lift, BFG 315/75r16, python remote start alarm,pioneer system2 12''subs 1600watt amps ,scangaugeII,coolant filter, blue fuel pres spring, Fresh oil cooler 6/1/11 Final Charge Cat EC-1 rated Silicate Free ELC coolant, Sinister Full egr deleate, ROTELLA T-6 5w-40syn,updatedHPO screen,updated oil filter stand pipe, TC SX8000
Old 05-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Elder User

berick is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADE35 View Post
This how my 03 is^^^^^^^^

When High Beam headlights are on the Fog Lamps wont come on

But when I switch to Low Beam Headlights the Fog Lights will work
Just to add to this.... If you get a Britebox, they have a kit that allows the factory fog/driving lights to stay on when your lights are switched to highbeam as well. Pretty handy if you drive at night in the country!

However, I am certain it does not work with HID conversion kits.
'05' F350 Harley Crewcab, FS-2500 Oil Filtration System, AFE Cold Air Intake, MBRP Dual 4" Exhaust, Herd Front Bumper, Dual 10" Liteforce "Blitz" Lights, Espar Diesel Pre-Heater, Smoked Recon Led Lights, Blue-spring Upgrade, HFCM Upgraded Plug, Diamondback Rear Deck, Bilstein Leveling Kit, Bilstein Dual Stabilizer Kit, Edge Insight CTS, Strictly Diesel Fuel Pressure Adapter, Icon Adj. Pan Rod, Harpooned, Britebox, Fumoto Valves - Block, Compu-Star Remote Starter with Alarm, CCV Reroute, SCT with Matts Custom Tunes, Riff Raff Cac Boots & Aluminum Cac Tube, DC Power 270XP,
Old 05-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Well I made Big Kitty move. She was sitting on the book.She was not happy
How ever I get get a shot of the page in the wiring diagram book
Click the image to open in full size.
This shows what I was talking about
Also this is Bella aka Big Kitty
Click the image to open in full size.

Hope this helps to explain things better
Sean
Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Senior User

So if I'm Thinkin correctly. The led I put in my high beam indicator is what's not letting my fog lights work.

If that's the case I should b able to do the fog light mod where you cut the light at the relay that's on. Ack of the fuse box. Ground it. An all should be good again.

If this sounds right please let me know. I don't want to cut the wire an it not work.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Post Fiend

Yes that should work.

Also if you take that LGBK wire where it crosses over to the
point at S203 and ground it on the fog side. Just make sure that
the wire size is right.
Sean
Old 05-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
(cough, from the tech folder)

S&S Diversified
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 05-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhilton View Post
(cough, from the tech folder)

S&S Diversified
Thanks for that link. I knew I had seen that on here somewhere.
Will b doin that this weekend an hope I fixes my fog lights.
If it does. Then goin to put my 55w 8000k HID in them. Same as what's in my headlights.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Post Fiend

So that is where I had seen that.
But yes that is a very easy job.
Only 2 beers ? Hmm You will have to
find more work on the truck to finish that 6pack.

BTW anyone know about the info display mod to keep it bright all the time?
Sean
Old 05-22-2012, 03:27 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
06, 200, 2002, blue, expedition, f150, fog, ford, lamps, light, lights, power, superduty, switch, working