Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Posting Guru

slc10844 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power window problem

I have a 2004 F350 Lariat crew cab. The front passenger power window will go down but not up. Checked the connector at the motor with a test light and there was juice on each wire depending on which way the switch was thrown. Figured the motor was bad, so I installed a new one but nothing changed. I did notice the window would go down, down only not up, when you used the master switch in the driver's door. It does nothing using the switch in the passengers door. Tried to disassemble the pass door switch and noticed it has a circuit board and is not a simple switch. Could the problem be in either the master switch or the pass door switch? Thought for sure a motor would fix the problem since it was getting current.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Senior User

V10ZILLA is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.V10ZILLA is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I wouldnt think it was the motor as the motor was used to lower it. It sounds like a switch problem....I think there is a thread on here on how to fix the switch yourself, or maybe the thread was for the door locks. i will try to find the thread and attach it. but as of now it sounds like a switch or a relay issue as you said both the driver door switch and passenger door switch are doing the same thing regarding the passenger door window.

Well there are alot of threads regarding all sorts of issues of what you are talking about. Just use the search box on here and you will have to read through them. Uless someone can chime in and knows from experience exactly what your issue is..
Old 05-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Posting Guru

Did a search. Couldn't find one with my exact problem. The motor will go down but not up. I have current going to both wires at the motor. One wire when the switch is pushed for up and current on the other wire when the switch is pushed for down. Since there is current at the motor I thought it was reasonable to blame the motor.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Posting Guru

Pulled the motor and did a bench test. It worked both ways. Did a continuity between the master switch and the door switch using the wire color coding as a guide. Everything checked out. The only thing left was the master switch and once that was replaced the window worked in both directions.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Semper Fi

spongecop is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have s similar problem but sommehwat different. My right rear winbdow will not go down with the master switch...only up. It works fine in either direction with the switch on that door. switch masters with a buddy same problem. Switched door switch same problem. Traced mine to a break in the harness at the door jamb. jumper the wires fgoing to the door and see if you can pin point where the break is. Its a common problem on these trucks.

USMC 1987-1995. MOS 6024
Old 05-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Posting Guru

The continuity test eliminated a broken wire. The master switch was the problem. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:20 PM
The Dr. will see you now!

Christof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud of
christof13t
just got mine going again with a little wd. the window lock was sticking in the lock position... and the rear pass door switch was sticking... working all the way around now.
mine may have just had gunk in them or something... i did t even check them with a meter or anything.

xtof
Chris-PAA#130
Motorbug:2000 F350 Lariat CC,LB,6x6 7.3DIT,4" Turbo-Back, IH Bellowed Uppies, RiffRaff FRx&AIH Delete, Hutch/Harpoon,6637, 05-07facelift, dual cowl induction hood, Glowshift Max Tow gauges, antique BullyDog 1 Toon chip, 10k, Air Lift on rear axle, All the hitches!
420k & counting AE Total Ford Enhanced Bundle
Old 05-25-2012, 11:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
duty, f250, f350, ford, passenger, power, problem, problems, sport, ssuper, stuck, super, switch, trac, trucks, window, wont