Ok all. its only fitting that i make this thread and share what i found out on this crazy 2000 expedition.
Problem= no air conditioning
no backup lights
no automatic door locks
no cruise control
Diagnostic= no power at the high pressure switch plug
no power at the low pressure switch plug
Power at the #5 fuse panel inside (controls a/c, backup lights
cruise control, auto door locks.
Power at the distribution box under hood @ fuse and relay.
checked all fuses all good. swapped relays around no dice.
checked and cleaned transmission selector switch no dice.
cleaned all power plugs through fire wall and computer, Nope.
Was thinking of taking up drinking....ALOT at this point.
After many hours of reading many forums and running out and coming up empty. I was just about ready to throw towel in. I mean i tried everything
I could possibly do all except replacing GEM module.
After getting home from work i thought i would give her one last try. i removed the dash panel and fuse box/gem module and took her in on the bench. I thoroughly checked continuity on the #5 fuse against any of the power spades on the back side. I found 3 terminals where the one of the main lug plug goes that would beep in response to #5 but all other terminals/spades were dead even the gem module posts. at this point i began noting locations and removing all the mini fuses. they all resisted quite a bit coming out EXCEPT for #5 fuse it came out much easier at this point a light went off in head. I removed it and inspected down in the female recepticle with bright light and magnifying glass. the hot side terminal was close fitting like all the others but the sending side was wide gapped i used a piece of sheet copper and trimmed a sliver 1/8" wide and maybe 1 inch long and slid it down to the bottom and bent the top over so it didnt get pushed on down in when installing the fuse . I put it all back together and.. I will be darned i fired her up and reverse lights worked!! A/C blows ice cold!! auto door locks work and cruise too!!
So long story short before you get frustrated and go buy a new gem module and have it programmed. check your slots on the #5 fuse if you see a too wide gap try the copper shim method.
It worked for me and now i have a happy customer!!
I really hope this helps someone out, its definately worth a look.