1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

My 55 F-100 Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Project-55
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey all,
Photobucket and I are still duking it out, bucket is up 4 to 0 so far.

But I have made some progress, I have the truck up on the tall boy work stands so I have easy access to the engine bay from the bottom now. I have also finished the slip joint needed for the fore and aft servo and soft lock trunk latch to work together properly.
I even had enough time to install the front bumper mounts to the slide assemblies and come up with a plan for the custom front bumper which will be curved to match the front clip and also be narrowed to allow the front clip to flip 75+ degrees.

I'm way happy with the progress and wish I could share the photo's.

Gary

Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 543 Likes on 349 Posts
I wish you could share too

BJ

Old 04-19-2013, 02:14 PM
hugjean5
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what ever you do,fix pictures,hot!hot!i will be lost without your pics!! your doing a great job though,mines slowly coming togeather.welding up windshield frame,patching where someone decided to put a sunroof in,was really a ******* thing to do,and finishing welding up floor,good luck

Old 04-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Project-55
Elder User
Originally Posted by hugjean5
what ever you do,fix pictures,hot!hot!i will be lost without your pics!! your doing a great job though,mines slowly coming togeather.welding up windshield frame,patching where someone decided to put a sunroof in,was really a ******* thing to do,and finishing welding up floor,good luck
I have yet to begin replacing the roof skin to get rid of the gaping hole and to be honest, I'm not really looking forward to it either. I kinda quit on the cab once I got all four corners, both front mount points, and some rusted floor skins replaced.
I have been concentrating on this flip kit so much lately that I have forgotten about everything else.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:28 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Things never go as quickly as we'd like. Important thing is to just keep making progress.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Project-55
Elder User
Originally Posted by bjmayberry2
Things never go as quickly as we'd like. Important thing is to just keep making progress.

I had hoped to finish the support hoop for the rear of the front clip this weekend but I didn't take into account that having to climb under the truck and back out every step of the way would slow things down so much.

But the hoop is all tacked together with the exception of the bottom rollers. The center latch is mounted to the hoop but I still need to cut the hole in the firewall to mount the soft latch.

I tried again tonight to load photo's but again, photobucket refused to upload them and I still have no clue why.

All in all it was good weekend of progress with no surprises, hopefully by mid week I will have the entire rear support hoop done to include the center latch (trunk latch from an 87 linc mk8).

Gary

Old 04-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Project-55
Elder User
lovin life

I got the brackets fabbed up and the rollers installed for the rear of the flip front end tonight and am so flippin happy at how well it works. The front clip is now totally self supporting and rolls for and aft with very little effort.

I still need to make the little humps to mount on the frame so that as the clip slides back, it will lift 3/8 of an inch so that the lip on the back of the hood will ride up and over the cab notch and drop into the drip rail without scraping the paint.

I knew the hood would scrap but I couldn't help myself and had to play with it so I tore up the primer a bit, but hey, it's only primer and I will bend and install the humps tomorrow and maybe even get the hole cut and the center latch mounted in the firewall.

Then it will be time to pony up and buy the electric actuators to make it all move without my fat butt doing the work.

Gary

Old 04-23-2013, 10:37 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Hope you get your Photobucket issue fixed. We're all on pins and needles for Pictures!!!!

BJ

Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Project-55
Elder User
Originally Posted by bjmayberry2
Hope you get your Photobucket issue fixed. We're all on pins and needles for Pictures!!!!

BJ
I wrote photo bucket another letter this very morning about this problem.

So everyone knows, this is what is going on. When I click upload on photo bucket, the normal page comes up, I select the photo that I want and the status bar comes up showing zero with the little wheel spinning in the photo box. That's where it stays, the status bar remains at zero and the little wheel will spin as long as I let it, which I have done for at least an hour once.

So, I changed the settings on my camera (which has been working OK up to now with no results.
Then I used another camera, same negative results.
Then I tried to upload a photo which I have uploaded before, negative results.
Yesterday I took my camera down to the geek squad and had them re-initialize it to factory settings, again with no results.
Then I tried using two other computers, no dice either.

So, I now know for certain that the problem is not on my end of the food chain.

I am going to open a new photobucket account and try that, maybe something has corrupted my first account, at this point I am grasping at straws.

I am just so PO'ed right now that I have had to invest so much time on this kind of s***, Makes a guy just wanna drink.

Gary

Old 04-23-2013, 11:15 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
I'm with you brother! About stuff not working, spending too much time on things and Drinking

I don't know how to post like you do. I just get the file location from photo bucket and paste it in

BJ

Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Drewski 2
Laughing Gas
Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Project-55
I wrote photo bucket another letter this very morning about this problem.

So everyone knows, this is what is going on. When I click upload on photo bucket, the normal page comes up, I select the photo that I want and the status bar comes up showing zero with the little wheel spinning in the photo box. That's where it stays, the status bar remains at zero and the little wheel will spin as long as I let it, which I have done for at least an hour once.

So, I changed the settings on my camera (which has been working OK up to now with no results.
Then I used another camera, same negative results.
Then I tried to upload a photo which I have uploaded before, negative results.
Yesterday I took my camera down to the geek squad and had them re-initialize it to factory settings, again with no results.
Then I tried using two other computers, no dice either.

So, I now know for certain that the problem is not on my end of the food chain.

I am going to open a new photobucket account and try that, maybe something has corrupted my first account, at this point I am grasping at straws.

I am just so PO'ed right now that I have had to invest so much time on this kind of s***, Makes a guy just wanna drink.

Gary
I'm curious if you're using Firefox as your browser. I'm also running into problems on uploads. Friend of mine........same problem. He said that he had read that it was Firefox that wasn't working with the new photobucket. I haven't tried anything yet....all my latest photos are from Imageshack.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:07 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What Drew says is a very good idea. Try Google Chrome, it seems to work with everything. I was having trouble with Firefox opening Pandora. Switched to Google Chrome and it worked perfectly, and it is a free download. Just google it.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:56 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
To test, I went to my PB acct and uploaded a picture. I use firefox v. 20.0 (latest upgrade) and there was no problem. I used the browse rather than the drag and drop method during the upload. Have you tried resampling your picture to a smaller size (I use 1024 x 768 pixels at 75 dpi, save under a new name.jpg. I also compress the .jpg file x 50% with 10% smoothing during the save.) This all makes the file size much smaller. i.e. 10 mb camera file reduces to < 100K !
here's the file i just uploaded: (OT sorry!)
Name:  platringcropped_zpsfa242857.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  36.3 KB

Old 04-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Project-55
Elder User
Originally Posted by AXracer
To test, I went to my PB acct and uploaded a picture. I use firefox v. 20.0 (latest upgrade) and there was no problem. I used the browse rather than the drag and drop method during the upload. Have you tried resampling your picture to a smaller size (I use 1024 x 768 pixels at 75 dpi, save under a new name.jpg. I also compress the .jpg file x 50% with 10% smoothing during the save.) This all makes the file size much smaller. i.e. 10 mb camera file reduces to < 100K !
here's the file i just uploaded: (OT sorry!)

Thanks for your educated input AX, you obviously know more about this c*** than I do because I have no clue how to resize, compress, etc.

I'm just at a loss, everything was working for so long without problems, then suddenly photo bucket refuses to upload. I just wish I could post photo's straight from my laptop.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:34 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
There are a number of good photoediting programs out there, I use Corel photopaint (part of the Corel Draw! bundle) some are even free! Gimp 2 is a top flight free program, as powerful as photoshop but because it is so powerful it has a fairly steep learning curve, but the photo resizing/resampling part is pretty easy. Free Picture Resize Starter has a strong following altho I have never used it.

Quick Reply: My 55 F-100 Project