North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Monthly Dinner

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 02:21 PM
wp120470
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool, We ride our sleds alot because of the gas prices and we just love to ride. They give us the opportuninty to get out and make the trip over to where ever anyone who wants to join in can be. We have been to Wilson, Clayton, Lexington, High Point, Durham, anywhere that is mentioned we will consider being there. We have met some pretty cool members and look forward to meeting a lot more. Matt are you into trying to make it to Lexington? If you are on duty we understand. We try to make it easy on anyone who might want to have a simple dinner with other members. Accept for Bob not getting his lettuce that time it has been PG-13. So anyone who wants to attend just come on out and say hi.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
Y'all are going to have to carry on without me next week. I thought the 14th was open on the calendar but turns out we are booked solid the whole week. Both kids have performances next week. One on Wednesday and one on Thursday along with the normal hectic schedule. Sorry. Family first.

I have one kid singing at memorial auditorium Wednesday evening in front of a packed audience. And one kid putting on a dance exhibition at school Thursday evening that she helped choreograph.

My fault for not checking the dates sooner.

I can try the following week if that doesn't put y'all out or isn't inconvenient . Or ill make it to next months dinner. Be the first one I missed in over a year.
Just wouldn't be right to have one without you James. You have perfect attendance and your our fearless leader... The following week is fine with me.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM
wp120470
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The following week is good for me we just need for everyone else to sign in so they know the date has changed. James you are correct, Family comes first.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:51 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Appreciate that yall but I want to make sure mjunk and wife can still make the following week. If not then yall should still have it on the 14th.

I double checked this time and got my wife to confirm and I'm good on the 21st. That's the following thursday.

I'll most likely be in the truck. I already offered Willie and Lee a ride if they wanted.

It's not too far from matt so maybe he can get away from work duty and join us.

I'll let yall decide whats best for the group. If that's the 14th then I'm totally cool with that. I'd rather yall get together and I'll make the next one.

Bob is a hoot and I would look forward to meeting that whole crew again. It was an enjoyable dinner.

I generally bathe for the monthly dinners and usually wear my bestest lee county motorsports mud complex tank top. But bath's aren't required.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 AM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Appreciate that yall but I want to make sure mjunk and wife can still make the following week. If not then yall should still have it on the 14th.

I double checked this time and got my wife to confirm and I'm good on the 21st. That's the following thursday.

I'll most likely be in the truck. I already offered Willie and Lee a ride if they wanted.

It's not too far from matt so maybe he can get away from work duty and join us.

I'll let yall decide whats best for the group. If that's the 14th then I'm totally cool with that. I'd rather yall get together and I'll make the next one.

Bob is a hoot and I would look forward to meeting that whole crew again. It was an enjoyable dinner.

I generally bathe for the monthly dinners and usually wear my bestest lee county motorsports mud complex tank top. But bath's aren't required.
21st looks good for me too and it might be a bit warmer which means I might be able to ride the bike. So, I am good for moving it back a week if everyone else is. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll bring a little lettuce in a ziplock bag just in case (it's the Boy Scout in me!!! lol).

Old 03-13-2013, 01:22 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by mjunk1
I'll bring a little lettuce in a ziplock bag just in case (it's the Boy Scout in me!!! lol).
No need for the lettuce, Bob won't be there...LOL..

Old 03-14-2013, 01:42 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Good deal. Glad yall could work around it. Now we need a place and time.

Heck, Speedy's is fine. Unless ya'll have a different/better suggestion.

6:30pm give yall enough time to get there?

I will most likely be in the truck regardless of the weather.

I'm one proud dad let me tell you. Last night was great. Packed crowd at memorial auditorium. We have another big performance tonight at the middle school. Then back to our regularly scheduled hectic pace.

Looking forward to next week's dinner.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:25 PM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Good deal. Glad yall could work around it. Now we need a place and time.

Heck, Speedy's is fine. Unless ya'll have a different/better suggestion.

6:30pm give yall enough time to get there?

I will most likely be in the truck regardless of the weather.

I'm one proud dad let me tell you. Last night was great. Packed crowd at memorial auditorium. We have another big performance tonight at the middle school. Then back to our regularly scheduled hectic pace.

Looking forward to next week's dinner.
Probably 7pm before I can make it - where is Speedy's again? If it is near Greensboro, then I am likely 7ish by the time my wife gets home and we get going.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
SPEEDY'S Barbecue - Lexington, NC {Best BBQ in the USA}

In Lexington. Looks to be about an hour from Sherrils Ford. About an hour and a half for Tony. And almost two for Lee, Willie and myself.

So let's say between 6:30 and 7:00. Gives everyone some wiggle room for traffic and whatnot.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:41 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Meet in the backroom again......LOL

Old 03-15-2013, 09:07 AM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
SPEEDY'S Barbecue - Lexington, NC {Best BBQ in the USA}

In Lexington. Looks to be about an hour from Sherrils Ford. About an hour and a half for Tony. And almost two for Lee, Willie and myself.

So let's say between 6:30 and 7:00. Gives everyone some wiggle room for traffic and whatnot.
Givin' the new guy a break... thanks! I should be able to make 6:30 then, except my wife is late for everything, so no promises. Looking forward to it!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
A reminder and invitation to dinner tomorrow evening.

Speedy's in Lexington

Show up around 6:30-7:00pm

All chapter members and their friends/SO's are invited.

I will be running a shuttle to the venue and return. We have three on board and I have room for five more. We are meeting at the bojangles on 64 at laura duncan rd at 5:00pm. Bus leaves at 5:15.

Looking forward to it.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:54 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master

Bus leaves at 5:15.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 AM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by fuzzy1626
I sure hope you feel like driving your 94 f250 - I'd like to see that thing! No way my wife gets on the bike in these temps, so we'll be truckin it tonight! See y'all there.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Yes I'll be in the red truck. Just got done partially covering the Hayden trans cooler so the trans will be warm enough..
Been meaning to put in a temp controlled bypass but since I haven't been on any long trips, well you know how that goes..

Quick Reply: Monthly Dinner