Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2012, 06:49 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneLaw1 View Post
Amazon.com: Lisle 14500 Oil Filter Socket: Automotive

I guess I could rock and roll with that one?
Yes, get that socket. Works for both large fuel filter and oil filter caps. Best of all, it is short and fits a 3/8" socket. Any other socket of that size would be at least a 1/2" drive which just makes it bigger and more difficult to fit in the frame rail.

I use these buckets for oil draining. I leave the whole thing at the collection place, so I don't ever have to store dirty buckets. Many different products come in similar buckets. Lately I have been using bird feed buckets instead of the cat litter. They are all 4 gallon and fit under even 2WD trucks.
Click the image to open in full size.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 05-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Got Diesel?

Beachbumcook is a name known to allBeachbumcook is a name known to allBeachbumcook is a name known to allBeachbumcook is a name known to allBeachbumcook is a name known to allBeachbumcook is a name known to all
I drain into a large oil drain pan (bought at Walmart).

Then pour used oil from the drain pan (via funnel) into the empty 1 gallon Rotella-Syn oil jugs that my fresh oil came in (I at least have 3 empty ones).

If I need an extra 1 gallon jug, I either have an empty milk jug from the kitchen or an empty window-washer jug.
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
Bilstein Shocks & Steering Stabilizer
BriteBox Headlight Module / Marinco AC Block Heater Plug
Old 05-16-2012, 02:06 AM
Elder User

GeneLaw1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
genothelowrider AttorneyGene genothelowrider
I was in the store today and i saw a couple drain pans that are 15 qt so I will pick up one of those!
1984 Mercury Cougar "The Phat Catt" (Lowrider)
Attorney by day, international rockstar by night
Old 05-16-2012, 02:06 AM