Print Wikipost

Can't enter programming mode for new keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 12:18 PM
stewart143
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Learn mode

How many times can you do it on one vehicle? We have had 4 or 5 remotes, they will work for a month or so then stop. Just got a new one but car wont go in "learn" mode

Old 02-25-2017, 02:58 PM
steveschroeder
New User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know this is an older thread, but +1on the windshield wipers. My 2000 X wouldn't work no matter what combo of locking, unlocking, door open, door closed, etc that I tried. Then I tried the windshield wipers on and it did the trick. I simply opened the driver door, unlocked the rest with the button, left the door open, turned the windshield wipers to the first setting, cycled ignition 8x and it went right into programming mode, allowing me to program both my new remote and my old one. Hope that helps someone!

Old 02-27-2017, 08:53 AM
swmpbgy1
Senior User
Originally Posted by stewart143
How many times can you do it on one vehicle? We have had 4 or 5 remotes, they will work for a month or so then stop. Just got a new one but car wont go in "learn" mode

I have this same issue.....I program the fobs, they work for a month and then stop.....reprogram.....works for a month then stops.

Any ideas on how to fix this? 2000 Ex, 7.3l.

Swmpbgy1

Old 03-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Annabinjaxbeach
New User
Unable to program old or new fobs after entering program mode

I have a 2000 x V10 with only 121,000 miles. Both key fobs quit working years ago so I tried to reprogram them with everyone's suggestions. Nothing worked. I purchased a new one and it won't work either. After the 8 times, the doors will lock and unlock but nothing happens when I press any button on the fobs. All power locks work and so does the door keyless pad. The only improvement I did was upgrade my stereo system to a touch screen and added a backup camera. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:36 PM
steveschroeder
New User
Originally Posted by Annabinjaxbeach
I have a 2000 x V10 with only 121,000 miles. Both key fobs quit working years ago so I tried to reprogram them with everyone's suggestions. Nothing worked. I purchased a new one and it won't work either. After the 8 times, the doors will lock and unlock but nothing happens when I press any button on the fobs. All power locks work and so does the door keyless pad. The only improvement I did was upgrade my stereo system to a touch screen and added a backup camera. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Did the fobs stop working right after the new stereo was installed? If so, it is related. I have a touch screen and camera, as well in my 2000 X V10 and have no issues with either my old or new fobs. But as I said in my last post, I had to have the windshield wipers on to get the locks to activate and go into programming mode. I'm sure you have checked/replaced the batteries, right? Can you send a pic of the back of the remotes so we can verify that it is compatible? Only thing I can think of right now would be to make sure nothing was disconnected/cut/moved when the stereo was installed.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Annabinjaxbeach
New User
The original fobs weren't working after I bought it back from my son. He did have a fancy system put in that played movies. Since I didn't want that he put the original system back in. I guess he could have disconnected/cut/moved something. What would one look for when the stereo is removed? I'm thinking that could very well be the issue.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:36 PM
steveschroeder
New User
Originally Posted by Annabinjaxbeach
The original fobs weren't working after I bought it back from my son. He did have a fancy system put in that played movies. Since I didn't want that he put the original system back in. I guess he could have disconnected/cut/moved something. What would one look for when the stereo is removed? I'm thinking that could very well be the issue.
Again, have you checked the batteries? And please post a pic or give me the info on the back of the remotes to rule out those 2 things before you start looking for gremlins.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Annabinjaxbeach
New User
New batteries in both. Will post pictures tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Annabinjaxbeach
New User
Back and inside fob photos

Here are the fobs I have.

Attached Images   
Old 03-15-2017, 11:48 PM
Justin Cody
New User
1999 F250 keyless entry

I have tried go in program mode turn keys 8 times with door open and closed can't get it to work.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Matt Walton
New User
Not enetering programming!

Originally Posted by Patriot_RAM
Hey Guys,

I did a search here and on Google and didn't see anything with the exact symptom that I'm having.

I have a new keyfob for my wife's 2000 X, and I'm trying to program it. The procedure is simple, right? Get in the truck, put the key in the ignition, lock the doors, unlock the doors, then cycle it to the run position (back of off), 8 times -- staying in "run" the eighth time.

I've done this OVER and OVER after my wife said it wouldn't work for her. The problem is that when you hit run the 8th time, the locks should cycle, indicating that it is ready to program the remote. The problem is the locks never cycle.

I also tried the same procedure without the locking and unlocking step prior to turning the key. And I also tried it by locking and unlocking prior to inserting the key.

Seems simple, any idea why it won't work? I can't find ANYthing regarding other people with this problem.

TIA!

Patriot_RAM

My F350 is not enetering programming mode, just bought it only has 40,000 miles and no fob came with it. Bought a fob off of rock auto and went to program it and my truck does not enter programming mode. I’ve done the 8 key turns constantly but a last nothing has worked.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Walton

My F350 is not enetering programming mode, just bought it only has 40,000 miles and no fob came with it. Bought a fob off of rock auto and went to program it and my truck does not enter programming mode. I’ve done the 8 key turns constantly but a last nothing has worked.
Are you sure it came with that option?

Old 02-13-2018, 10:05 AM
Matt Walton
New User
Yes my truck has the option of keyless entry but I am unable to enter programming mode. Is there a fuse or connector that would power that module?

Old 02-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
What year is the F350. That will tell us what module controls it. 00-01 are different than 02-04 and 05-07.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:22 AM
Matt Walton
New User
It is a 2002 F350 XLT Super Duty.

Quick Reply: Can't enter programming mode for new keyfob