Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Titan 50 Gal Fuel Tank

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #61  
Old 02-10-2013, 06:45 PM
SavageNFS's Avatar
SavageNFS SavageNFS is online now
not a WHITE truck
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,017
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
SavageNFS SavageNFS
You are most welcome...and welcome to FTE.
__________________
Andre '11 F-250 6.7L, CCSB, FX4, Lariat Ultimate, not a white truck, 20" XD Badlands (-12 offset) w/35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT, 5100 Bilsteins, 7100 Bilstein SS, Firestone Airbags w/AirLift Wireless, B&W, H&S MM, aFe CAI, aFe 4" delete pipe SS, 5" SS MBRP muffler/exhaust, LineX, Roll-N-Lock, Recon stuff - 2012 Becker 25' Aluminum Enclosed Trailer (3 doos)-2011 Pinnacle 34RLTS
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-22-2013, 04:16 PM
AggieFord's Avatar
AggieFord AggieFord is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 21
AggieFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
I foresee this mod in my future. I purchased a used 2011 with the idea to tow the travel trailer (RV) all over the South. Well, I was a little disappointed to learn it only had a 26gal tank. I see a LOT of fuel stops in my future, but 50gals would be nice......
__________________
2011 F250 Lariat 4x4 FX4 Blue/Grey 6.7l Diesel
2012 Keystone Passport Travel Trailer (2650BH) 29' 4"
Texas A&M '94
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-21-2015, 03:42 PM
His Grace His Grace is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
His Grace is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion View Post
Definitely has me intrigued. But only if i knew for sure i could get the MTE to be calibrated for that size as well as having an accurate fuel guage. Install seems easy enough
March 17th 2015, I had my 50 gallon titan tank installed. 3 fill ups so far and it's been amazing. Love not having to pull into a gas station every 200 mikes pulling my 40 ft silverback 37bh. The dealership installed it at Ford, so it is covered under warranty. I do hear sloshing a tad bit when I get to about half a tank but not bad at all. I did notice that after hearing the sloshing, I looked under neath and when the tank is almost empty, ypu are able to move the nose of the titan tank about half an inch back in forth because the third strap (not really a strap because it is only connected to the frame one on the drivers side) which is really just a limited support brace because the majority of the weight is carried by the two mid body straps. That kinda had me concerned but I believe that maybe normal play. The dealership also flashed the pcm to read the larger tank. Now I get 750 miles to empty! One thing I noticed today was that I had 85 miles left on the fuel gauge and when I went to fill up I could only get 39 gallons in. So I am suspecting that when you get to the empty gauge you have roughly another 5 gallons left?! Has anyone else experienced this?. I also had the firestone ride rite air bags installed and the BMW fifth wheel and companion. My 2012 F250 pulls this massive trailer with no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Just Strokin Just Strokin is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tallassee, ALabama
Posts: 614
Just Strokin has a good reputation on FTE.Just Strokin has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Grace View Post
March 17th 2015, I had my 50 gallon titan tank installed. 3 fill ups so far and it's been amazing. Love not having to pull into a gas station every 200 mikes pulling my 40 ft silverback 37bh. The dealership installed it at Ford, so it is covered under warranty. I do hear sloshing a tad bit when I get to about half a tank but not bad at all. I did notice that after hearing the sloshing, I looked under neath and when the tank is almost empty, ypu are able to move the nose of the titan tank about half an inch back in forth because the third strap (not really a strap because it is only connected to the frame one on the drivers side) which is really just a limited support brace because the majority of the weight is carried by the two mid body straps. That kinda had me concerned but I believe that maybe normal play. The dealership also flashed the pcm to read the larger tank. Now I get 750 miles to empty! One thing I noticed today was that I had 85 miles left on the fuel gauge and when I went to fill up I could only get 39 gallons in. So I am suspecting that when you get to the empty gauge you have roughly another 5 gallons left?! Has anyone else experienced this?. I also had the firestone ride rite air bags installed and the BMW fifth wheel and companion. My 2012 F250 pulls this massive trailer with no problem.
Like you, it was nice to go more than 200-300 miles before fueling. Mine being LWB and a 65 gal Titan tank, I have gone as far as 600 miles pulling my 5'r to Denver last year. It was nice to be able to be selective on where I bought fuel and the price per gallon. And not pulling, it is nice to see over 950 miles to empty to show.

I noticed when I ran my stock tank "dry" to install the Titan, It showed 0 miles to empty and when it was removed, there was over 3 gallon left in it.

I do not watch the gallons to empty so much when on a trip but the trip meter. I reset Trip A at each fill up and then watch it to see how many gallons are left to anticipate my next fuel stop.
__________________
Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-21-2015, 04:30 PM
His Grace His Grace is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
His Grace is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
Like you, it was nice to go more than 200-300 miles before fueling. Mine being LWB and a 65 gal Titan tank, I have gone as far as 600 miles pulling my 5'r to Denver last year. It was nice to be able to be selective on where I bought fuel and the price per gallon. And not pulling, it is nice to see over 950 miles to empty to show.

I noticed when I ran my stock tank "dry" to install the Titan, It showed 0 miles to empty and when it was removed, there was over 3 gallon left in it.

I do not watch the gallons to empty so much when on a trip but the trip meter. I reset Trip A at each fill up and then watch it to see how many gallons are left to anticipate my next fuel stop.
Thank you Just Strokin, I appreciate the info on the empty tank still having three gallons in it. For a second there I thought maybe the Ford installers put a 40 galloon tank in or something. And to anyone reading this thread, realize your contribution and knowledge is helpful. After reading this thread, I bought my titan tank and with everyone's collaborative knowledge it helped me to make a good decision. So if you have info, post, this is a brotherhood and our posts help each other out.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Rich53 Rich53 is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 44
Rich53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I put the 50 gallon titan tank in mine, found the same behavior in terms of distance to empty, but it did the same with the stock tank. I found that if I ran the stock tank down to almost 0 on the miles to empty, I could only put about 21 gallons in it, with the titan tank I can put 45 gallons in it. So the new tank more than doubles my usable range, and it was great towing my 10K boat and trailer, could do almost 400 miles between fills, instead of 180-200, depending on how daring I wanted to be. On my trip to Florida that i do every year it saved me almost 2 hours of fueling time, since I always have to go to the truck stops and either use the pumps out back or the RV islands, and the crowd doesn't move fast in either location. So it made a big difference.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-21-2015, 04:41 PM
sdetweil's Avatar
sdetweil sdetweil is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Liberty Hill, tx
Posts: 10,366
sdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant future
I added a 60 gal toolbox tank to the bed, so I have 98 gallons on board..

I can go almost a 1000miles towing.
__________________
Sam

1955 F100 460/c6, 3.55ls - 436 hp, 489 tq
2012 F350 4x4, DRW, 3.73ls, CC, LB, 400 hp, 800 tq
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB 5th wheel. 40', 15,500gvwr
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-21-2015, 05:17 PM
His Grace His Grace is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
His Grace is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
I added a 60 gal toolbox tank to the bed, so I have 98 gallons on board..

I can go almost a 1000miles towing.
I almost went with a bed fuel tank, but I didn't want to deal with having to get out of the truck and switching the know and waiting for it to fill up the native tank. Plus I wanted to keep my standard bed f250 free of apparatus so I wouldn't give any room up for the fifth wheel. I choose not to go with the slider being that the Cedar Creek Silverback 37bh had grooves in the head cab enabling me to turn a little sharper. Plus, I liked the stock look of the titan.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-21-2015, 08:03 PM
sdetweil's Avatar
sdetweil sdetweil is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Liberty Hill, tx
Posts: 10,366
sdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Grace View Post
I almost went with a bed fuel tank, but I didn't want to deal with having to get out of the truck and switching the know and waiting for it to fill up the native tank. Plus I wanted to keep my standard bed f250 free of apparatus so I wouldn't give any room up for the fifth wheel. I choose not to go with the slider being that the Cedar Creek Silverback 37bh had grooves in the head cab enabling me to turn a little sharper. Plus, I liked the stock look of the titan.
Understood. Not a lot of room to give up on the shortbed trucks.
One minor thing, if both tanks need filling, I fill the stock tank first, then the aux tank. No waiting.
__________________
Sam

1955 F100 460/c6, 3.55ls - 436 hp, 489 tq
2012 F350 4x4, DRW, 3.73ls, CC, LB, 400 hp, 800 tq
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB 5th wheel. 40', 15,500gvwr
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-21-2015, 08:27 PM
His Grace His Grace is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
His Grace is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
Understood. Not a lot of room to give up on the shortbed trucks.
One minor thing, if both tanks need filling, I fill the stock tank first, then the aux tank. No waiting.
I fully understand.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-23-2015, 07:34 AM
U235Fishin' U235Fishin' is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern New Mexico
Posts: 152
U235Fishin' has a good reputation on FTE.U235Fishin' has a good reputation on FTE.
I installed the Titan 50 gallon tank about a year ago. Love it! As far as operating the truck, when down to the last eighth of a tank, I also monitor the fuel used on TRIP A that I reset every fill up. I have found that it matches the fuel added on the fill up to about a gallon or so. Also since the Titan tank is relatively long, for and aft, as compared to the stock tank, the orientation of the truck will change the DTE display and maybe the low fuel alarm if the level is close to that point. Also realize that the fuel suction and the level sensor is located aft in the tank. So, being a little paranoid, when I am going to drive some steep grades, I like to have a quarter tank or more so when I nose the truck down and the fuel moves forward in the tank away from the suction so I won't have a problem.
__________________
2012 F250 XLT, 6.7L, 4x4, CCSB, 3.31 ELD, 18" wheels, Edge Insight CTS, SnugTop cab high shell, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Air Lift bags & WirelessOne compressor, 50 gallon Titan fuel tank, 25Y Arctic Fox TT
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:34 AM
 
 
 
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titan 50 Gal Tank Shield U235Fishin' 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 9 10-14-2013 07:39 PM
50 gal Titan tanks in. . .but Str8shooter 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 6 07-21-2012 12:58 AM
Titan tank shield Dr. T 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 7 07-24-2011 11:52 AM
TITAN 65 Gal. Tank roadkingfl 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 8 04-29-2011 02:45 PM
Prepaid Credit Card rmalottwtes30 General NON-Automotive Conversation 7 04-19-2005 03:36 AM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
50, diesel, excursion, f350, ford, forums, fuel, gal, gallon, pump, sb, tank, tanks, titan, truck

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


Participate In The Forums

Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!

Sign Up »


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup