Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Titan 50 Gal Fuel Tank

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 06:45 PM
not a WHITE truck

SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
SavageNFS SavageNFS
You are most welcome...and welcome to FTE.
Andre '11 F-250 6.7L, CCSB, FX4, Lariat Ultimate, not a white truck, 20" XD Badlands (-12 offset) w/35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT, 5100 Bilsteins, 7100 Bilstein SS, Firestone Airbags w/AirLift Wireless, B&W, H&S MM, aFe CAI, aFe 4" delete pipe SS, 5" SS MBRP muffler/exhaust, LineX, Roll-N-Lock, Recon stuff - 2012 Becker 25' Aluminum Enclosed Trailer (3 doos)-2011 Pinnacle 34RLTS
Old 02-22-2013, 04:16 PM
New User

AggieFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
I foresee this mod in my future. I purchased a used 2011 with the idea to tow the travel trailer (RV) all over the South. Well, I was a little disappointed to learn it only had a 26gal tank. I see a LOT of fuel stops in my future, but 50gals would be nice......
Old 03-21-2015, 03:42 PM
New User

His Grace is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion View Post
Definitely has me intrigued. But only if i knew for sure i could get the MTE to be calibrated for that size as well as having an accurate fuel guage. Install seems easy enough
March 17th 2015, I had my 50 gallon titan tank installed. 3 fill ups so far and it's been amazing. Love not having to pull into a gas station every 200 mikes pulling my 40 ft silverback 37bh. The dealership installed it at Ford, so it is covered under warranty. I do hear sloshing a tad bit when I get to about half a tank but not bad at all. I did notice that after hearing the sloshing, I looked under neath and when the tank is almost empty, ypu are able to move the nose of the titan tank about half an inch back in forth because the third strap (not really a strap because it is only connected to the frame one on the drivers side) which is really just a limited support brace because the majority of the weight is carried by the two mid body straps. That kinda had me concerned but I believe that maybe normal play. The dealership also flashed the pcm to read the larger tank. Now I get 750 miles to empty! One thing I noticed today was that I had 85 miles left on the fuel gauge and when I went to fill up I could only get 39 gallons in. So I am suspecting that when you get to the empty gauge you have roughly another 5 gallons left?! Has anyone else experienced this?. I also had the firestone ride rite air bags installed and the BMW fifth wheel and companion. My 2012 F250 pulls this massive trailer with no problem.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Elder User

Just Strokin has a good reputation on FTE.Just Strokin has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Grace View Post
March 17th 2015, I had my 50 gallon titan tank installed. 3 fill ups so far and it's been amazing. Love not having to pull into a gas station every 200 mikes pulling my 40 ft silverback 37bh. The dealership installed it at Ford, so it is covered under warranty. I do hear sloshing a tad bit when I get to about half a tank but not bad at all. I did notice that after hearing the sloshing, I looked under neath and when the tank is almost empty, ypu are able to move the nose of the titan tank about half an inch back in forth because the third strap (not really a strap because it is only connected to the frame one on the drivers side) which is really just a limited support brace because the majority of the weight is carried by the two mid body straps. That kinda had me concerned but I believe that maybe normal play. The dealership also flashed the pcm to read the larger tank. Now I get 750 miles to empty! One thing I noticed today was that I had 85 miles left on the fuel gauge and when I went to fill up I could only get 39 gallons in. So I am suspecting that when you get to the empty gauge you have roughly another 5 gallons left?! Has anyone else experienced this?. I also had the firestone ride rite air bags installed and the BMW fifth wheel and companion. My 2012 F250 pulls this massive trailer with no problem.
Like you, it was nice to go more than 200-300 miles before fueling. Mine being LWB and a 65 gal Titan tank, I have gone as far as 600 miles pulling my 5'r to Denver last year. It was nice to be able to be selective on where I bought fuel and the price per gallon. And not pulling, it is nice to see over 950 miles to empty to show.

I noticed when I ran my stock tank "dry" to install the Titan, It showed 0 miles to empty and when it was removed, there was over 3 gallon left in it.

I do not watch the gallons to empty so much when on a trip but the trip meter. I reset Trip A at each fill up and then watch it to see how many gallons are left to anticipate my next fuel stop.

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:30 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
Like you, it was nice to go more than 200-300 miles before fueling. Mine being LWB and a 65 gal Titan tank, I have gone as far as 600 miles pulling my 5'r to Denver last year. It was nice to be able to be selective on where I bought fuel and the price per gallon. And not pulling, it is nice to see over 950 miles to empty to show.

I noticed when I ran my stock tank "dry" to install the Titan, It showed 0 miles to empty and when it was removed, there was over 3 gallon left in it.

I do not watch the gallons to empty so much when on a trip but the trip meter. I reset Trip A at each fill up and then watch it to see how many gallons are left to anticipate my next fuel stop.
Thank you Just Strokin, I appreciate the info on the empty tank still having three gallons in it. For a second there I thought maybe the Ford installers put a 40 galloon tank in or something. And to anyone reading this thread, realize your contribution and knowledge is helpful. After reading this thread, I bought my titan tank and with everyone's collaborative knowledge it helped me to make a good decision. So if you have info, post, this is a brotherhood and our posts help each other out.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Freshman User

Rich53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I put the 50 gallon titan tank in mine, found the same behavior in terms of distance to empty, but it did the same with the stock tank. I found that if I ran the stock tank down to almost 0 on the miles to empty, I could only put about 21 gallons in it, with the titan tank I can put 45 gallons in it. So the new tank more than doubles my usable range, and it was great towing my 10K boat and trailer, could do almost 400 miles between fills, instead of 180-200, depending on how daring I wanted to be. On my trip to Florida that i do every year it saved me almost 2 hours of fueling time, since I always have to go to the truck stops and either use the pumps out back or the RV islands, and the crowd doesn't move fast in either location. So it made a big difference.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Post Fiend

sdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant future
I added a 60 gal toolbox tank to the bed, so I have 98 gallons on board..

I can go almost a 1000miles towing.

1955 F100 460/c6, 3.55ls - 436 hp, 489 tq
2012 F350 4x4, DRW, 3.73ls, CC, LB, 400 hp, 800 tq
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB 5th wheel. 40', 15,500gvwr
Old 03-21-2015, 05:17 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
I added a 60 gal toolbox tank to the bed, so I have 98 gallons on board..

I can go almost a 1000miles towing.
I almost went with a bed fuel tank, but I didn't want to deal with having to get out of the truck and switching the know and waiting for it to fill up the native tank. Plus I wanted to keep my standard bed f250 free of apparatus so I wouldn't give any room up for the fifth wheel. I choose not to go with the slider being that the Cedar Creek Silverback 37bh had grooves in the head cab enabling me to turn a little sharper. Plus, I liked the stock look of the titan.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Post Fiend

sdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant futuresdetweil has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Grace View Post
I almost went with a bed fuel tank, but I didn't want to deal with having to get out of the truck and switching the know and waiting for it to fill up the native tank. Plus I wanted to keep my standard bed f250 free of apparatus so I wouldn't give any room up for the fifth wheel. I choose not to go with the slider being that the Cedar Creek Silverback 37bh had grooves in the head cab enabling me to turn a little sharper. Plus, I liked the stock look of the titan.
Understood. Not a lot of room to give up on the shortbed trucks.
One minor thing, if both tanks need filling, I fill the stock tank first, then the aux tank. No waiting.

1955 F100 460/c6, 3.55ls - 436 hp, 489 tq
2012 F350 4x4, DRW, 3.73ls, CC, LB, 400 hp, 800 tq
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB 5th wheel. 40', 15,500gvwr
Old 03-21-2015, 08:27 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
Understood. Not a lot of room to give up on the shortbed trucks.
One minor thing, if both tanks need filling, I fill the stock tank first, then the aux tank. No waiting.
I fully understand.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:34 AM
Senior User

U235Fishin' has a good reputation on FTE.U235Fishin' has a good reputation on FTE.
I installed the Titan 50 gallon tank about a year ago. Love it! As far as operating the truck, when down to the last eighth of a tank, I also monitor the fuel used on TRIP A that I reset every fill up. I have found that it matches the fuel added on the fill up to about a gallon or so. Also since the Titan tank is relatively long, for and aft, as compared to the stock tank, the orientation of the truck will change the DTE display and maybe the low fuel alarm if the level is close to that point. Also realize that the fuel suction and the level sensor is located aft in the tank. So, being a little paranoid, when I am going to drive some steep grades, I like to have a quarter tank or more so when I nose the truck down and the fuel moves forward in the tank away from the suction so I won't have a problem.
2012 F250 XLT, 6.7L, 4x4, CCSB, 3.31 ELD, 18" wheels, Edge Insight CTS, SnugTop cab high shell, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Air Lift bags & WirelessOne compressor, 50 gallon Titan fuel tank, 25Y Arctic Fox TT
Old 03-23-2015, 07:34 AM