6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Titan 50 Gal Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:54 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion
cant get any worse...

That's a good one Tux...

Old 05-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
you guys are killin me! im on the verge on being banned from FTE by my wife. She said its either her or the truck, and i sure am gonna miss her..lol jk. but seriously, just when i thought i was nearly dialed in.... BAM! another mod gets in my head.

I have to say tho, gotta have a titan tank now that all the details are ironed out (in my head). and the thought of having 65 gal on board is intriguing me. Even tho id still fill once a week like i do now, the reserve is great. I dont like running my tank empty for normal driving anyway, not only cause it hurts more at the pump, but also for emergency reasons.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 PM
B&LLandscaping
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Up until last weekend I thought buying a Titan take was pretty ridiculous and a waste of a LOT of money.

Then I towed my heavy fifth and boat on a long road trip on some pretty empty highways and did a bunch of driving around on rural backroads. The range of a 26gal tank when towing that load is a joke. I've got a couple jerry cans strapped in the box, so it's never a real critical situation, but I hate the feeling of driving with less than 1/4 tank and always worrying about getting to the next place and finding fuel. It's added stress that I've never had before and I don't need. I'm going to be seriously looking at putting the 50gal Titan on my truck in the near future.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Ive got the 37.5 gal tank. So its not as bad. But still. I want 65 now for my coast to coast trips and for doomsday

Old 05-22-2012, 08:40 PM
lynnmor
More Turbo
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Hey, before anyone buys a Titan tank, contact a current owner, (that would be me), of a tank. They will get $50 and you will get a big Thank You!

Anyway, one issue that all you Titan owners should be made aware of is with the tank vent. Titan has you make a splice and run a hose up behind the filler neck. That hose might allow a small amount of dirt or water to enter the tank. I made a filter out of foam air cleaner material and zip tied it over the end.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Big Boy w/ Big Toys
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lynnmor
Hey, before anyone buys a Titan tank, contact a current owner, (that would be me), of a tank. They will get $50 and you will get a big Thank You!

Anyway, one issue that all you Titan owners should be made aware of is with the tank vent. Titan has you make a splice and run a hose up behind the filler neck. That hose might allow a small amount of dirt or water to enter the tank. I made a filter out of foam air cleaner material and zip tied it over the end.

AND why does it not attach back to where the stock one was attached. That would be a great source for water even with a filter attached and I do not want to even address the safety issue point.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
I was thinking the same thing and a waiting to hear more about this

Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Big Boy w/ Big Toys
New User
It's actually another line spliced into the vent line, not the tank vent tube itself. Reference Page 7 and Page 10. That is a correct install. Most likely has a one way valve, the reason they call it a vacumn line to allow the tank to breathe when draining/using. Lynnmor I apologize.

http://www.titanfueltanks.com/short_long.pdf

Old 05-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
i want to know exactly how that line works and why its needed. may talk to titan today

Old 05-23-2012, 11:02 AM
my996duc1
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion
i want to know exactly how that line works and why its needed. may talk to titan today
Would be interesting to see what Titan has to say about it.

Mine appears to have a one way valve in the line. The little spliced in plastic part has an arrow on it pointed towards the open end of the line.

I would guess this would indicate a one way valve and it only allows flow in the direction of the arrow (which would be out of the tank) ??

_

Old 05-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Ya...but why

Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Lifetimefordowner
New User
Transfer flow fuel tank

I just had the 50gal plastic fuel tank added in my 2011 short bed diesel trunk and would like to no where I can get the info to take to the dealership. This dealer have never done this change before.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Lifetimefordowner
New User
Originally Posted by Lifetimefordowner
I just had the 50gal plastic fuel tank added in my 2011 short bed diesel trunk and would like to no where I can get the info to take to the dealership. This dealer have never done this change before.
So I can calibrate the ecm

Old 02-10-2013, 12:25 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,053 Likes on 2,212 Posts
Dealership can reprogram the computer for the correct size fuel tank. Here are the instructions (copied from one of the awesome threads here...I can't remember as I have it with all my truck stuff)

1) Ensure IDS is at least version 72.xx - current version is 72.04 (in May 2011)
2) Click on the toolbox icon at top left of main screen
3) Select 'Module Programming' - click checkmark icon
4) Select 'Programmable Parameters'
5) Select 'Fuel" - click checkmark icon
6) Select 'Front Fuel Tank - (IC) = xx' on bottom of parameter list
7) Select 50 (or whatever size you need) on right side of screen and click checkmark icon. Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Lifetimefordowner
New User
Thank you for the info for the calibration. I'll be going in in the morning

Quick Reply: Titan 50 Gal Fuel Tank