Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion View Post
cant get any worse...

That's a good one Tux...
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 05-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Posting Guru

Tuxedo Scorpion is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
you guys are killin me! im on the verge on being banned from FTE by my wife. She said its either her or the truck, and i sure am gonna miss her..lol jk. but seriously, just when i thought i was nearly dialed in.... BAM! another mod gets in my head.

I have to say tho, gotta have a titan tank now that all the details are ironed out (in my head). and the thought of having 65 gal on board is intriguing me. Even tho id still fill once a week like i do now, the reserve is great. I dont like running my tank empty for normal driving anyway, not only cause it hurts more at the pump, but also for emergency reasons.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Senior User

B&LLandscaping has a good reputation on FTE.B&LLandscaping has a good reputation on FTE.
Up until last weekend I thought buying a Titan take was pretty ridiculous and a waste of a LOT of money.

Then I towed my heavy fifth and boat on a long road trip on some pretty empty highways and did a bunch of driving around on rural backroads. The range of a 26gal tank when towing that load is a joke. I've got a couple jerry cans strapped in the box, so it's never a real critical situation, but I hate the feeling of driving with less than 1/4 tank and always worrying about getting to the next place and finding fuel. It's added stress that I've never had before and I don't need. I'm going to be seriously looking at putting the 50gal Titan on my truck in the near future.
2007 KTM 400 XCW
Old 05-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Posting Guru

Ive got the 37.5 gal tank. So its not as bad. But still. I want 65 now for my coast to coast trips and for doomsday
Old 05-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Junior User

lynnmor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lynnmor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey, before anyone buys a Titan tank, contact a current owner, (that would be me), of a tank. They will get $50 and you will get a big Thank You!

Anyway, one issue that all you Titan owners should be made aware of is with the tank vent. Titan has you make a splice and run a hose up behind the filler neck. That hose might allow a small amount of dirt or water to enter the tank. I made a filter out of foam air cleaner material and zip tied it over the end.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 PM
New User

Big Boy w/ Big Toys is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmor View Post
Hey, before anyone buys a Titan tank, contact a current owner, (that would be me), of a tank. They will get $50 and you will get a big Thank You!

Anyway, one issue that all you Titan owners should be made aware of is with the tank vent. Titan has you make a splice and run a hose up behind the filler neck. That hose might allow a small amount of dirt or water to enter the tank. I made a filter out of foam air cleaner material and zip tied it over the end.

AND why does it not attach back to where the stock one was attached. That would be a great source for water even with a filter attached and I do not want to even address the safety issue point.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Posting Guru

I was thinking the same thing and a waiting to hear more about this
Old 05-22-2012, 10:51 PM
New User

Big Boy w/ Big Toys is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's actually another line spliced into the vent line, not the tank vent tube itself. Reference Page 7 and Page 10. That is a correct install. Most likely has a one way valve, the reason they call it a vacumn line to allow the tank to breathe when draining/using. Lynnmor I apologize.

http://www.titanfueltanks.com/short_long.pdf
Old 05-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Posting Guru

i want to know exactly how that line works and why its needed. may talk to titan today
Old 05-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Elder User

my996duc1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.my996duc1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion View Post
i want to know exactly how that line works and why its needed. may talk to titan today
Would be interesting to see what Titan has to say about it.

Mine appears to have a one way valve in the line. The little spliced in plastic part has an arrow on it pointed towards the open end of the line.

I would guess this would indicate a one way valve and it only allows flow in the direction of the arrow (which would be out of the tank) ??

_
2011 F250 6.7L CC SWB FX4 - Titan Tank/Bilstein Leveling kit & 5100 shocks/Ride Rite air bags/High idle mod/Viair & shocker horns/Anzo bed lights/BakFlip HD/Ready Lift 4" rear blocks/EZ-down/Door seal mod/ Toyo Open Country AT 285/75R18

2007 Coachmen Cross Country 35MBS / 2006 Trailbalzer SS / 2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon Sahara
Old 05-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Posting Guru

Ya...but why
Old 02-09-2013, 08:18 PM
New User

Lifetimefordowner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Transfer flow fuel tank

I just had the 50gal plastic fuel tank added in my 2011 short bed diesel trunk and would like to no where I can get the info to take to the dealership. This dealer have never done this change before.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifetimefordowner View Post
I just had the 50gal plastic fuel tank added in my 2011 short bed diesel trunk and would like to no where I can get the info to take to the dealership. This dealer have never done this change before.
So I can calibrate the ecm
Old 02-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Post Fiend

SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
SavageNFS SavageNFS
Dealership can reprogram the computer for the correct size fuel tank. Here are the instructions (copied from one of the awesome threads here...I can't remember as I have it with all my truck stuff)

1) Ensure IDS is at least version 72.xx - current version is 72.04 (in May 2011)
2) Click on the toolbox icon at top left of main screen
3) Select 'Module Programming' - click checkmark icon
4) Select 'Programmable Parameters'
5) Select 'Fuel" - click checkmark icon
6) Select 'Front Fuel Tank - (IC) = xx' on bottom of parameter list
7) Select 50 (or whatever size you need) on right side of screen and click checkmark icon. Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
Andre '11 F-250 6.7L, CCSB, FX4, Lariat Ultimate, not a white truck, 20" XD Badlands (-12 offset) w/35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT, 5100 Bilsteins, 7100 Bilstein SS, Firestone Airbags w/AirLift Wireless, B&W, H&S MM, aFe CAI, aFe 4" delete pipe SS, 5" SS MBRP muffler/exhaust, LineX, Roll-N-Lock, Recon stuff - 2012 Becker 25' Aluminum Enclosed Trailer (3 doos)-2011 Pinnacle 34RLTS
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM
New User

Thank you for the info for the calibration. I'll be going in in the morning
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM