Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Postmaster

rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion View Post
really? thats very useful info. is that in all the dealers IDS systems? or do they have to do a specific update on their side?
The ability to program the fuel computer for 50 gallon and 67 gallon Titan fuel tanks is in every Ford dealers current IDS programming. Like Epic said, it has been there for a long time. Mine was reflashed to the new 50 gallon capacity well over a year ago. It works perfectly...I also see 800 miles to empty when I fill up.

Great product...and those of us who were early buyers really like ours

Regards
Old 05-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Posting Guru

Tuxedo Scorpion is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatic View Post
The ability to program the fuel computer for 50 gallon and 67 gallon Titan fuel tanks is in every Ford dealers current IDS programming. Like Epic said, it has been there for a long time. Mine was reflashed to the new 50 gallon capacity well over a year ago. It works perfectly...I also see 800 miles to empty when I fill up.

Great product...and those of us who were early buyers really like ours

Regards
why are the early buyer happier than those who get theirs now
Old 05-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
why are the early buyer happier than those who get theirs now
We've just had more time to enjoy it! It all adds up!
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 05-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Posting Guru

gotcha! thanks. now im interested... and its not so much the fact that the MTE would have potentially been inaccurate, i just like when things funtion the way they are supposed to.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Senior User

my996duc1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I am only on my third fill up on my Titan tank and my only regret was waiting to buy it.
I had cold feet but Epic's video sealed the deal for me buying one of these.
Alot easier to install than even it would appear to be in the video. I would rate my 2" lift/leveling as more involved.

I even got a Free Titan hat, in the mail last week, for registering the warranty online.

I also had the fuel tank size, in the computer, changed by my local Ford dealer. Not something that was a need, but I wanted it done right, or what I thought is right.

_
2011 F250 6.7L CC SWB FX4 - Titan Tank/Bilstein Leveling kit & 5100 shocks/Ride Rite air bags/High idle mod/Viair & shocker horns/Anzo bed lights/BakFlip HD/Ready Lift 4" rear blocks/EZ-down/Door seal mod/ Toyo Open Country AT 285/75R18

2007 Coachmen Cross Country 35MBS / 2006 Trailbalzer SS / 2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon Sahara
Old 05-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by my996duc1 View Post
I am only on my third fill up on my Titan tank and my only regret was waiting to buy it.
I had cold feet but Epic's video sealed the deal for me buying one of these.
Alot easier to install than even it would appear to be in the video. I would rate my 2" lift/leveling as more involved.

I even got a Free Titan hat, in the mail last week, for registering the warranty online.

I also had the fuel tank size, in the computer, changed by my local Ford dealer. Not something that was a need, but I wanted it done right, or what I thought is right.

_
did the dealer charge you for the change? also curious what a dealers take is on the titan tanks
Old 05-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Senior User

Quote:
did the dealer charge you for the change? also curious what a dealers take is on the titan tanks
Yeah, they charged me for a half hour labor.... not sure what it came out to as I bought some other things on the same ticket.

I had called 5 local dealers to see if they would do it and what they would charge. Not all of them had done it before but all 5 were willing to do it if I had the step-by-step instructions (which are on FTE). The closest dealer ended up being the easiest and cheapest and had done the change before.
Not a single one even hesitated on changing the fuel tank size.

Whole thing (me installing it & dealer size change) ended up being alot easier than I though it was going to be.

_
2011 F250 6.7L CC SWB FX4 - Titan Tank/Bilstein Leveling kit & 5100 shocks/Ride Rite air bags/High idle mod/Viair & shocker horns/Anzo bed lights/BakFlip HD/Ready Lift 4" rear blocks/EZ-down/Door seal mod/ Toyo Open Country AT 285/75R18

2007 Coachmen Cross Country 35MBS / 2006 Trailbalzer SS / 2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon Sahara
Old 05-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Postmaster

rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
We've just had more time to enjoy it! It all adds up!

Regards
Old 05-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Senior User

Shelby-GT-500 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Has anyone used the Transfer flow? They are two to three hundred less. They are metal though. Don't know why that would be a problem and they are baffled.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Posting Guru

porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby-GT-500 View Post
Has anyone used the Transfer flow? They are two to three hundred less. They are metal though. Don't know why that would be a problem and they are baffled.
I had a Titan in my GMC, have one in the 350 and will have one in whatever the next truck is.

I did research the Transfer Flow, and comparing the two my preference is for the plastic. Aluminized steel is still steel, and subject to the effects of water if the coating is compromised. There is a reason why most OEM tanks are poly.

After the fact with both the GMC and 350, sloshing is only noticeable if you are really listing for it.

Another plus for the Titan when I got the first one was capacity. For the short bed GMC the Titan was 52 and the Transfer Flow was 40 IIRC.

Resale is something to think about. I don't know what the T-F tank would look like after several years. The Titan looked about the way it was when I installed it. When I sold the GMC I had several people contact me about the Titan. I probably could have gotten $600 (real offer) for it - half way towards a new tank.

I kept the 350's tank this time and will put it back in when this truck goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
(miles to empty, not distance to empty)
My GMC days............. but, 6 of 1 half dozen of the other... 10 cents or a dime, it's all the same. I was just thinking out loud as to the many that won't consider a bigger tank just because some display is off

Quote:
I saved my fuel tank adjustment for a day when the truck was in the shop anyway for something else that required the computer to be hooked up.
I gave them the "step by step" and they did it at no charge. And I didn't charge them for them for the OJT.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Posting Guru

Anyone have the step by step instructions available?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Anyone have the step by step instructions available?
These are the ones I used :
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdenis View Post
here is the sequence:

1) Ensure IDS is at least version 72.xx - current version is 72.04.
2) Click on the toolbox icon at top left of main screen
3) Select 'Module Programming' - click checkmark icon
4) Select 'Programmable Parameters'
5) Select 'Fuel" - click checkmark icon
6) Select 'Front Fuel Tank - (IC) = xx' on bottom of parameter list
7) Select 50 (or whatever size you need) on right side of screen and click checkmark icon

Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
Copied from post #128 on this thread here :
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...-bad-news.html

_

Old 05-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Posting Guru

dang you guys. dang all you guys. its your fault. i blame you. now i REALLY want a titan tank. and have you all to thank for it. I think you should all chip in and get me a titan tank for all you have put me through.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:48 PM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
You're still fairly new to FTE, give it a few years, it gets worse....

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Posting Guru

cant get any worse. oh and just got off the phone with titan....daaaaaa
Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
50, diesel, excursion, f350, ford, forums, fuel, gal, gallon, pump, sb, tank, tanks, titan, truck