Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Elder User

roadkingfl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.roadkingfl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion View Post
Definitely has me intrigued. But only if i knew for sure i could get the MTE to be calibrated for that size as well as having an accurate fuel guage. Install seems easy enough
I have not had mine recalibrated, primarily cause the fuel gauge works just fine.
2013 Heartland Cyclone 3110
Old 05-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Posting Guru

Tuxedo Scorpion is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I can come up with a theory that supports why a mechanical float sensor would not be affected by a change in volume, as it is measuring travel, not quantity. However does anyone know what the largest tank setting in our computer is? And am I able to put the 50 gal tank in a Crew Cab Long Bed? or is that only for the shorties
Old 05-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Elder User

roadkingfl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.roadkingfl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
I can come up with a theory that supports why a mechanical float sensor would not be affected by a change in volume, as it is measuring travel, not quantity. However does anyone know what the largest tank setting in our computer is? And am I able to put the 50 gal tank in a Crew Cab Long Bed? or is that only for the shorties
Tux, why do you want a 55 gal, because of the DTE?
Old 05-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Posting Guru

kind of yeah, and also 67 is a bit ridiculous for me. the 37.5 that i have now is ok, but 50-55 would be perfect. 67...gulp. i dunno.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:08 PM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Not sure if you've seen this thread but rdenis (among others) posted some good info in it (check out page 5):

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...-bad-news.html

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 05-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Elder User

Quote:
kind of yeah, and also 67 is a bit ridiculous for me. the 37.5 that i have now is ok, but 50-55 would be perfect. 67...gulp. i dunno.
67 is nice to have when towing.........
Old 05-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Posting Guru

yes, but 1500 dollars nice?
Old 05-18-2012, 04:46 PM
not a white truck

SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
SavageNFS SavageNFS
I would get this for my truck, but I like coffee too much while driving. Coffee cup is a lot better than the spitter I had for a long time. Quitting chew was tough. I'm not giving up my coffee. However, it makes for long range rides difficult. I can't go more than 4 hours or so at a crack. So this would be a waste of valuable fun coupons for me.
Andre '11 F-250 6.7L, CCSB, FX4, Lariat Ultimate, not a white truck, 20" XD Badlands (-12 offset) w/35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT, 5100 Bilsteins, 7100 Bilstein SS, Firestone Airbags w/AirLift Wireless, B&W, H&S MM, aFe CAI, aFe 4" delete pipe SS, 5" SS MBRP muffler/exhaust, LineX, Roll-N-Lock, Recon stuff - 2012 Becker 25' Aluminum Enclosed Trailer (hauling a Canned Ham, a PoPo and 3 Honduh's)-2011 Pinnacle 34RLTS
Old 05-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Posting Guru

im right there with ya. 4 hours a pop is about what i can do, with about 3-4 stops a day on a coast to coast haul. even tho i can do 7.5 hour flights with no co-pilot and no bathroom breaks, id much rather NOT
Old 05-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Gotta remember guys, it's not just about how long you can stay in the drivers seat. It's also about picking fuel stops instead of being forced to find something within the next 30 miles. It's also about going deep into the back country and not having to worry or carry gas cans. I've heard the east coasters talk about how comforting it is to know they have a bunch of fuel in the tank when a hurricane is bearing down on them. I know folks say they love their pit stops and I get that. I love donuts and a fresh diet Mountain Dew as much as the other guy. There's just nothing particularly redeeming about the actual fueling up experience that keeps me coming back. I'm perfectly happy with only visiting the pump half as much!
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 05-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Senior User

fixdent is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would like a larger tank for sure, but not for that price.

I find it not bad as long as I carry a jerry can for assurance.

If I don't have it, I start to worry at about 1/4 tank left. I have no problems running it right down to near empty as long as I have my spare jerry can. It's surprising how far you can go on that last 1/8 of a tank.

P.S. I've never had to use it.

--
Gordon
Old 05-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Senior User

Jayybird is starting off with a positive reputation.
Amen to what Epic said. I live in south Louisiana. The last thing u want to do when running from a hurricane is have to hunt down diesel. I would want to be able to role 10 hours down the road and be worried about where I can find fuel. Everytime a hurricane hammers the gulf or oil hits the gulf, u will have a temporary fuel shortage. I look at that extra capacity as almost a safety measure rather just a convenience. I will be installing a Titan or an aux tank soon!!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Posting Guru

porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.
Epic - you will never convince the folks that don't see a benefit if the DTE isn't accurate - even if the gauge is.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by porthole View Post
Epic - you will never convince the folks that don't see a benefit if the DTE isn't accurate - even if the gauge is.
It's ok. I'm not interested in convincing anyone. Just making sure I explain my perspective in a relatively intelligible way. I have no problem with folks doing their own thing.

As far as the MTE (miles to empty, not distance to empty) is concerned, it can be corrected. A year and a half ago I worked with the Ford engineers to include the Titan tank sizes in the dealer IDS system. Most dealers don't know about it but with a little persistence on the owner's part, they can quickly update the tank size with their diagnostic software. Now when I fill up, my MTE reads over 800 Miles to Empty.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 05-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
It's ok. I'm not interested in convincing anyone. Just making sure I explain my perspective in a relatively intelligible way. I have no problem with folks doing their own thing.

As far as the MTE (miles to empty, not distance to empty) is concerned, it can be corrected. A year and a half ago I worked with the Ford engineers to include the Titan tank sizes in the dealer IDS system. Most dealers don't know about it but with a little persistence on the owner's part, they can quickly update the tank size with their diagnostic software. Now when I fill up, my MTE reads over 800 Miles to Empty.
really? thats very useful info. is that in all the dealers IDS systems? or do they have to do a specific update on their side?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
50, diesel, excursion, f350, ford, forums, fuel, gal, gallon, pump, sb, tank, tanks, titan, truck