2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Was Wondering if Anyone Knew Where I Can Find This

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 02:49 AM
mitch150
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Let's see if I can do this right..... or at all. Here is a diagram of the front bumper and it's components...... I think:

If this works, I believe #19 is what you are looking for? If it is, that is listed as a valence panel and they list 2 of them, one for 2wd and one for 4wd. 2wd is $102 and 4wd is $90 on their site, and again, I just don't see where 2wd or 4wd or would have any effect on that part. #20 is the valence bolt, both left and right and I guess they come with the panel because there is no price listed for that. If that is what you are looking for, just click onto www.Tascaparts.com in this post and it should take you right to the site, and navigation is pretty self explanitory, year, make, model and go to body hardware then bumper and components and there will be a list to correspond with the numbers describing parts and the prices for them. Not sure if you can find it any cheaper some where else, but you might, this is the only place I can think of besides a dealership and they'll probably want your 1st born for the thing. Hope this makes things a little clearer and it is of some help to you FordSter

Edit: Aahh, it did work! I learn something new everyday

Old 05-12-2012, 03:40 AM
mitch150
Elder User
Btw, the site Stewart H recommended is also good to go, same exact listings and prices so you could go there too. The 2 sites are such a mirror image of each other, I wouldn't be surprised if they were tied together somehow. I guess Tasca is not a supporting vendor? That was the only place I could think of, I had never heard of Tousley before today. Thanks for the input Stew!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:07 AM
gijim2k1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mitch150

2wd is $102 and 4wd is $90 on their site, and again, I just don't see where 2wd or 4wd or would have any effect on that part.
I'm not an expert but my truck is a 2wd and doesn't have the tow hooks, which could account for the difference.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Btw, the site Stewart H recommended is also good to go, same exact listings and prices so you could go there too. The 2 sites are such a mirror image of each other, I wouldn't be surprised if they were tied together somehow. I guess Tasca is not a supporting vendor? That was the only place I could think of, I had never heard of Tousley before today. Thanks for the input Stew!
All of the Ford online parts sites I've seen use the same interface, probably supplied by Ford IS department for the dealerships, I would guess.

I recommend Tousley because they are a supporting vendor here and I like to support the vendors that support the website. Tousley also supports quite a few Ford forums on the internet.

Steve at Tousley has always been very helpful to anyone that calls his parts department, whether a sale is made or not.

I know about Tasca because of their Ford racing history but no, they aren't a SV here.

Stewart

Old 05-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
what exactly do you want?

Valence = the black part that bolts to the bottom of the bumper
There are 2 of them

4x2 and 4x4. You can see how they are different. Each bolts up using same hardware (except tow hook area)
Bumper grille cutout
04 and 05 trucks came with a small insert on the outer edges that matches the honeycomb grille

06-08 trucks do not

the shape of the bumper opening is different and you cannot use 04/05 parts on the later trucks. Once upon a time I had links to aftermarket 06-08 inserts....but I haven't had my F-150 for 3 yrs and lost all my links

make sure you order the correct valence for the year of your truck. The 04/05 bumpers are different from the 06-08 bumpers. They look similar outside, but the mounting hardware is different (as well as foglights)

Old 05-12-2012, 02:34 PM
mitch150
Elder User
Originally Posted by gijim2k1
I'm not an expert but my truck is a 2wd and doesn't have the tow hooks, which could account for the difference.
There you go. That would make sense and I did not know that about the 2wd

Old 05-12-2012, 02:46 PM
mitch150
Elder User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
All of the Ford online parts sites I've seen use the same interface, probably supplied by Ford IS department for the dealerships, I would guess.

I recommend Tousley because they are a supporting vendor here and I like to support the vendors that support the website. Tousley also supports quite a few Ford forums on the internet.

Steve at Tousley has always been very helpful to anyone that calls his parts department, whether a sale is made or not.

I know about Tasca because of their Ford racing history but no, they aren't a SV here.

Stewart
I'll have to give them a try, I'll be in the market for a tail gate handle with the extra hole for the rear-view camera, if they're still available. The tow hooks on my neighbor's escalade snapped off and the flying chain took out my camera on the license plate, that was 2 years ago when we had a total of a little over 7 feet and I had to pull him out during one of the snow storms (stinking chebie and it's cheap *** parts breaking off). Anyway I'm gonna raise the new cam up a little.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:55 PM
2006 F-150 FordSter
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
U hook valence? I'm sorry FordSter, I'm not trying to be smart with you, I just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing and to try and steer you in the right direction. You are talking about the valence that surrounds the 2 tow hooks below the bumper, right? If so, I'm surprised you don't already have that on your ride, unless it got tore off or something. It's really hard to tell from the pic of your truck cause it's dark or black below your bumper, it almost looks like that valence is on your truck.
it is on my truck and yes i want the valance piece around the hooks because my trucks valance is plain so thats why i want to add a new valance

Old 05-12-2012, 11:00 PM
2006 F-150 FordSter
Senior User
Originally Posted by gijim2k1
mine is 2wd to but xlt's dont come with the hook valance

Old 05-12-2012, 11:05 PM
2006 F-150 FordSter
Senior User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H

Stewart
Let's see if I can do this right..... or at all. Here is a diagram of the front bumper and it's components...... I think:

If this works, I believe #19 is what you are looking for? If it is, that is listed as a valence panel and they list 2 of them, one for 2wd and one for 4wd. 2wd is $102 and 4wd is $90 on their site, and again, I just don't see where 2wd or 4wd or would have any effect on that part. #20 is the valence bolt, both left and right and I guess they come with the panel because there is no price listed for that. If that is what you are looking for, just click onto TascaParts.com in this post and it should take you right to the site, and navigation is pretty self explanitory, year, make, model and go to body hardware then bumper and components and there will be a list to correspond with the numbers describing parts and the prices for them. Not sure if you can find it any cheaper some where else, but you might, this is the only place I can think of besides a dealership and they'll probably want your 1st born for the thing. Hope this makes things a little clearer and it is of some help to you FordSter

Edit: Aahh, it did work! I learn something new everyday
thanks and to everyone who is here and i would ever had learned so much with out all u people and friends

Old 05-13-2012, 01:27 AM
mitch150
Elder User
Originally Posted by 2006 F-150 FordSter
mine is 2wd to but xlt's dont come with the hook valance
Wow that is interesting, did not know that those models did not come with the valence on them. Sucks to find out that Ford cheap's out on some people. Like I said before, I learn something new everyday.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:28 AM
mitch150
Elder User
thanks and to everyone who is here and i would ever had learned so much with out all u people and friends
So...... is #19 the part your looking for?

Old 05-13-2012, 02:13 AM
2006 F-150 FordSter
Senior User
Wow that is interesting, did not know that those models did not come with the valence on them. Sucks to find out that Ford cheap's out on some people. Like I said before, I learn something new everyday.
So...... is #19 the part your looking for?
Actually the F-150's XLT did come with a valance but not with the u hooks attached to it, and yes part #19 was it, thanks again

Old 05-13-2012, 02:18 AM
2006 F-150 FordSter
Senior User
Hey mitch, i was looking at your ride and your truck has the Valance with the U Hooks and great job on Ford

Old 05-13-2012, 02:32 AM
mitch150
Elder User
Hey mitch, i was looking at your ride and your truck has the Valance with the U Hooks and great job on Ford
Yeah, the valence and hooks came factory, I just assumed they all came that way. Your welcome on the part, I figured that's what you were looking for after I realized you didn't want the bumper. As you can see there are a couple of places you can get that from. Good luck and let us know how you made out

Quick Reply: I Was Wondering if Anyone Knew Where I Can Find This