Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Senior User

Linne has a good reputation on FTE.Linne has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosters View Post
Sweet looking truck. What happened to the swaybar?

Anyone have pics of a leveled regular cab? Esp one with stock or close to stock tires?

Thanks, the swaybar is on a shelf in my garage where it is a lot more useful than under my truck

Fun that you noticed
Old 06-02-2012, 07:06 PM
New User

Karjalanwarrior is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice ride buddy! Good to see that there is quality trucks in my old home country. I got same one my self. -02 4x4. Good luck with it!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karjalanwarrior View Post
Nice ride buddy! Good to see that there is quality trucks in my old home country. I got same one my self. -02 4x4. Good luck with it!

Some day it will be my old home country also
If I only could get a green card one day
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Elder User

FordGuy85 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice rig!
Iv got a couple questiones.

Did u HAVE to take the sway bar off when you did this mod? Your old bolt spacing was almost 5 inches before. When you added 3.1 inches, did that raise the truck? 3.1 inches?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Freshman User

CoachGJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
I second fordguys' question. Linne asked the same question is it what you discovered? Is there an exact correlation between the length of the shackles and hight? Im interested in doing this myself on my 2001 SD. Maybe a write up Linne?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachGJ View Post
I second fordguys' question. Linne asked the same question is it what you discovered? Is there an exact correlation between the length of the shackles and hight? Im interested in doing this myself on my 2001 SD. Maybe a write up Linne?
A write up would be nice. I personally need 3 inches of front lift. My plan was to take the old shackles off and just add 3 inches in the bolt spacing length.
I guess if I need more lift later I can make some a little longer.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:46 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGuy85 View Post
Nice rig!
Iv got a couple questiones.

Did u HAVE to take the sway bar off when you did this mod? Your old bolt spacing was almost 5 inches before. When you added 3.1 inches, did that raise the truck? 3.1 inches?

Actually I do not know, I think the swaybar would be good to take of, I only started with removing it cause I wanted it gone, but I had to take front shocks also off to get it jacked up enough to install the shackles without force

It did lift the truck about 2" I think I have a total lift of 4.5" under it now

About the shocks I wonder what would be recommended travel lenght for this setup, could the bilsteins be to short? I also noticed that front caliper brakelines and differential breathing tube is almost to short, most certainly I would need to put longer lines and tubes if I put longer shoks under.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Postmaster

Firefighter 1406 has a good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a good reputation on FTE.
Nice idea about the holes for stock ride height, fortunately I don't have to worry about inspections.

On a side note, how is your roof rack attached to the cab? My buddy wants to to this to his but is debating where to mount it. To the cab or to the fiberglass cap he has, he would put a roll bar or something to reinforce the cap if he went that way. He wants to put his spare and some camping stuff up top. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Freshman User

CoachGJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Linne, did you use a spring compressor?

Also was your truck at the stock hight before the shackles?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
New User

Karjalanwarrior is starting off with a positive reputation.
Howcome I keep getting replays addressed to linne? Every time when someone posts replaey to him I get e-mail notfication.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter 1406 View Post
Nice idea about the holes for stock ride height, fortunately I don't have to worry about inspections.

On a side note, how is your roof rack attached to the cab? My buddy wants to to this to his but is debating where to mount it. To the cab or to the fiberglass cap he has, he would put a roll bar or something to reinforce the cap if he went that way. He wants to put his spare and some camping stuff up top. Any suggestions would be great.
I can post pics and write about the roof rack installation but it was installed almost exactly like this one Off Road Unlimited Roof Rack Mounted On Ford F350 Super Duty Photo 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachGJ View Post
Linne, did you use a spring compressor?

Also was your truck at the stock hight before the shackles?
No I did not use a spring compressor, it was a easy install no need for force or any special tools.

My truck has a 2,5" leveling kit in front from before, and rear I have some add leaf and 3,5" lift block
Old 06-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linne View Post
Actually I do not know, I think the swaybar would be good to take of, I only started with removing it cause I wanted it gone, but I had to take front shocks also off to get it jacked up enough to install the shackles without force

It did lift the truck about 2" I think I have a total lift of 4.5" under it now

About the shocks I wonder what would be recommended travel lenght for this setup, could the bilsteins be to short? I also noticed that front caliper brakelines and differential breathing tube is almost to short, most certainly I would need to put longer lines and tubes if I put longer shoks under.
So why did you want to take the sway bar off? How does that help you? You will deffinately have to lengthen the brake lines?
Old 06-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Elder User

I have about the Same setup as you before you started. I ordered shocks from rough Country that were for a 4.5 inch lift. My front shocks are kind of compressed more than they should be right now. I have plenty of out travel to go.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGuy85 View Post
So why did you want to take the sway bar off? How does that help you? You will deffinately have to lengthen the brake lines?
Without the sway bar it flex better in offroad use, yes I will put longer brake lines and I also plan to put longer shocks. I have some out travel left but not much.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linne View Post
Without the sway bar it flex better in offroad use, yes I will put longer brake lines and I also plan to put longer shocks. I have some out travel left but not much.
Does this effect on road use? Towing? Hauling payload?
Old 06-05-2012, 05:42 PM