Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Senior User

ddivinia is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ddivinia is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Clean your radiator!

In the midst of upgrading the headlamps in my 2000 X I looked down between in front of the radiator. Man, it was pretty nasty in there. 4 clips and you can get in there and clean it up. I wish all vehicles made it that easy.

I used a long blow out tube attached to my air compressor. I use it to blow out of my hay baler and tractor radiators, etc.

Here are some pics.

D.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2012, 06:56 AM
is a BAAAD MAN

Jmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputation
Nice work!! I'll have to check mine out!!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Senior User

ddivinia is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ddivinia is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You should have seen the pile of crap on the shop floor after I blew it out. It was a pile.

D.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Senior User

neilc88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.neilc88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good thing to check with summer time temps on the way.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Postmaster

hasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to all
they sell radiator combs for that purpose. Compressed air can actually bend the fins (from experience) if you get carried away. But its fine to use if you use a regulator to dial it down or just be careful.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Posting Guru

kornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant future
kornfanjoe kornfanjoe
its all about the angle that you use when cleaning the radiator. at my shop we use pressure washers and a solvent to clean rads and we inspect for bent fins first then blast it at a direct 90* angle to prevent the fins from bending.
good job on noticing.

Last edited by kornfanjoe; 05-07-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: typical monday typo, wrote 45* instead of 90*
Old 05-07-2012, 10:14 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
2000, 2010, 67, clean, cleaning, econoline, edge, f250, flush, ford, radiator, truck