1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Hubcap math

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by john fin
Just providing some insite to those that may not have been on that watch list or know about shill bidders. Ghost bidders was already mentioned on this thread. Drop dead doc!!
I can't just yet, John! The bank and my employer say I have to stay above the sod for a little bit longer. But I do appreciate the concern.

The only reason I don't use the "ignore" option available to us here on FTE is because it would cut down on the entertainment value.

(465 posts and has yet to offer to help another person with any question that I remember)

Old 05-09-2012, 03:50 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Just providing some insite to those that may not have been on that watch list or know about shill bidders. Ghost bidders was already mentioned on this thread. Drop dead doc!!
John, I really have to take exception to the end of your last post. You may not agree with some of us, some of us have even given you a hard time but telling someone to drop dead I feel is way over board. You gotten a lot of help from the guys on this board, including a lot from me on and off the board. Many times when some one has posted an answer to one of your questions you come back and question the answer even if it has be verified by a number of other members. This can grind on some but you still do get your answers. With this lasted post you are trying to make some out as a con artist. All we're saying it to do a little verifying before you get yourself in trouble. I personally think you're reading way too much into the actions of this eBay seller.

I believe you owe Doc an apology.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:31 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also how about an apology to everyone who has helped you by contributing information that you turned around and used on your website as a tech article without mentioning your source - Everyone here knows your ineptitude but you are running a scam on others looking for information - What would happen if they asked you a question - Where are you going to get the answer?
I would say that your knowledge base is drying up here

Old 05-09-2012, 05:02 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,831 Likes on 1,833 Posts
Whoa! That's a bit harsh

From what I see here Doc was providing some sound advice. I see no reason for such hostility.
I too think you owe the man an apology.

Bobby

Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Well I'll apologize for setting John off by suggesting that the bid was rigged.

. . . . . . but it is Ross's fault for calling me stupid in post #13

I'm kidding guys. Everyone lighten up please . . . I'll buy the beer This forum is too good for anyone to seriously skewer anyone else.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Generous offer Pete but it's an 82 mile swim and then about a 170 drive to get there, consider meeting in the middle somewhere? Oh yeah, I also don't drink alcohol, so make it a soda.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:51 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh man, I missed the tar and feathering.

There's a reason why I stopped selling on eBay several years ago and this discussion shows why.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,831 Likes on 1,833 Posts
Originally Posted by petemcl
. . . I'll buy the beer This forum is too good for anyone to seriously skewer anyone else.
Beer? did someone say beer? count me in
I'll buy the second round of frostys both coke and beer

Bobby

Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
The only reason I don't use the "ignore" option available to us here on FTE is because it would cut down on the entertainment value.
Where is this Ignore option located? I have found a use for it.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:13 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Subscribing to the latest pissing match.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Lakotas53
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't been on here in several days. I miss all the fun! Funny this post started out about hub caps. I bought a 51 back a couple of years ago and the guy called me up last week and said he was cleaning out his shed and found 4 hub caps, 2 heads, an oil bath breather and a spare tire and rim and wanted to know if I wanted them to go with my truck! Oh and a starter too. I drove down and picked it all up. I love getting free stuff!

Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Dano78
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by havi
Subscribing to the latest pissing match.

Yeah when I sell on E-bay I re-list items exactly that way. Saves on the time typing it all up. Of course I haven't sold on E-bay in forever anyways...
Since we are on the e-Bay subject, rumor has it e-Bay is now charging a heftier percentage from the total of the sale these days? Also hear they are taking a percentage of the shipping and charging a fee for that too??

Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yup, they're taking something close to 10% from the final price and are getting their grubby hands on the shipping.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Dano78
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well ain't that just grand... They should change their name from e-Bay to e-SCAM. What a crock of ****. I understand the percentage charge at the end of the auction, that was always there, but 10%??? Absurd! And where in **** do they get off having the right for charging a fee that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with their site or the 'sale' of the item!?! I can see why there are nothing but vendors on there anymore... use to be a great place for the little guy (private seller) to unload parts and whatnot. Guess that's dead. Good job e-Bay, must be overseen by a governmental department somewhere... Thank goodness for places like Mid-Fifty as well as swap meets and other businesses....

Well that's one more account and password i might as well get rid of....

Old 05-09-2012, 09:20 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
I had heard that if shipping exceeded a certain percentage of sales price, they were increasing the fees they charge on final price. This was allegedly to thwart people who sell an item for $1 B-I-N with $75 shipping, to skirt final fees. (so don't bother trying to sell a cylinder head that's only worth $20) Also for Power Sellers, if their feedback percentage drops below 99% their fees get increased as punishment.

Quick Reply: Hubcap math