Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Heavy Duty Trans here in aus

Super Strong Ford "F" Series E40D/4R100 Heavy Duty 4Speed Overdrive Transmission | eBay

Wonder how good they are.
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 05-03-2012, 05:08 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Never heard of them or their shop. Also they don't give much technical details regarding what sort of HD stuff they've stuck inside to make it a HD trans.

They do say a HD valve body. Well that cost me $300 and $300 to fit with new trans filter, gasket and fluid.
What's a billet TC worth?
They've also stuck a big pan on it too. Just to make it look more HD I reckon.

Maybe they also used HD paint to paint it black.

If they want to gain some credibility they better stick at least a 3yr unlimited K warranty on their trans for private users.
Otherwise, personally, I'd be shipping over the JW HD trans for not much more shipping included.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 05-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well if you think that is all thats in a trans.

I've got a JWVB and a BD big pan,so i just need this Banks Power | 99-03 Ford - 7.3L Power Stroke>>Banks Billet and im set you reckon.
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 05-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
You don't sound like someone who's going to sell their truck!

I reckon you would be set with billet TC added to your existing box, unless you're thinking about towing 4.5Tonnes through the desert sands during summer...
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Elder User

I dont want to sell my truck,BUT if i need the money in building my house,well its gone.
I just finished my twin exhaust and thats it for mods until the house is finished or the truck is gone.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 AM
Posting Guru

Ain't finished till the pic's are posted!

So, are you going to drop the trans and fit the billet-TC while you're waiting for the slab to dry? (i.e. concrete slab for the house, not the slab of beer).
Old 05-04-2012, 05:13 AM
Elder User

Forgot,1 more job to do,Back pressure sensor and tube,i'll do that tomorrow night.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:22 AM
Posting Guru

The friggin RH steering box makes it a pain to get to the EBP tube attached to the RH manifold. I just bought a 12 point deep socket to undo the sensor. I might wait for a few more drives then recheck my codes. If I get the code again I'll pull and clean.

Just ordered the 4" single aluminized steel MBRP turbo back cheapest system $285 - no muffler no tip (already have one and will re-use it).
Old 05-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
6000 for a torque convertor/valve body and a deep pan. I will stick with my J. Woods.
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 05-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Posting Guru

Second that! JW actually gives a spec of all the work done on his HD trans, & its a lot more than mods to the TC & valve body.

Also, adding a big pan doesn't actually improve thing much. There's only marginal air-cooling via the surface area of the pan. The first things the US guys do if they are towing serious weight is to put in a bigger trans cooler. The aussie HD trans guys should be doing that to help their trans stack up a bit better.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
most supply an upgraded oil cooler for a added cost. Also if you go for billet input shafts and upgraded steels and all the other stuff JW does it ends up near the 8-9K mark. Just have a look at the Alcorn trans offered over here. Also I kept my old trans which you could sell and recoup some cost. If I eventually get of my *** and put it on fleebay my net cost will be around $4500
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 05-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Elder User

PFFFFt all i'll be worried about is my GU nissan patrol gear box,and i'll have 5 gears and no stupid torque converter,because i wont have too worry about torque cuz i wont have any .
Old 05-06-2012, 03:51 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter

Tags
16x10, 30570r16, 73, duty, fit, ford, heavy, km2, rim, transmission